From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dennis L
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2017 4:45 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] getting I phones

Hi does anyone know where you can get I phones at good prices?  I was thinking about an SE. feel free to email me at

Dennisl1982@...

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

So when did this happen? Comcast has Service now? I will definitely have to take a look as were looking for them a new cell phone provider. And if it's truly unlimited everything like what you've stated here, then it will definitely be something that we'll have to look into. Now as for what you've stated, about the headphone jack being gone, there is a company that hasn't made a lightning too headphone adapter, that allows you to plug in the headphone cord, and the lightning cable to charger iPhone. So before you Think about starts waiting till the newer models come out I think you might want to think again. As they're all going to be made like that now. Apple is truly going away from the headphone jack and not bringing it back. Just for your information.

On Jul 13, 2017, at 9:32 PM, Michael Boyd <mike122061@outlook.com> wrote:

Personally I am going to wait for the iPhone 8 to come out before upgrading. There some things about the 7 that aren’t too great, like the inability to plug in a pair of earbuds. You have to connect them through Bluetooth. You can probably pick up an iPhone 6 at a pretty good price from Apple or one of the cellular providers, but you might as well go for the latest version to have it stay compatible with the software for a longer period of time. Most providers have some sort of payment plan now if you wanted to go that route. Comcast now has cellular service, and their prices for their plans are really good as compared to AT&T orVerizon. Unlimited data through them is only $45/month, and unlimited talk and text starts at around $12/month from what I read on their website.

Michael

Hi does anyone know where you can get I phones at good prices? I was thinking about an SE. feel free to email me at
Dennisl1982@gmail.com

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi Dennis, do you have a carrier right now? If not, I will go to the different ones and see what options they wouldn't give you. And you should be over to get an S he through them. The only other option that I can think of, is spending a little more, and going to Apple, and buying a phone out right which mean the one that you want, and then taking it to carrier that you wish to take it too. And buying an unlocked means that you can take it to any carrier. Which is very nice.

On Jul 13, 2017, at 6:45 PM, Dennis L <dennisl1982@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi does anyone know where you can get I phones at good prices? I was thinking about an SE. feel free to email me at
Dennisl1982@gmail.com

Lenron

Maybe find a good deal on the bay or Amazon.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Yeah, Amazon is definitely a great way to go about it. My wife just got a refurbished unlocked 128 gigabyte 6S for about 400 bucks and she absolutely loves it. I don't have any links off the top of my head, but I'd highly suggest taking a look there to see what's available. Just pay attention to what the description and such says about the device, take note of the providers with more reviews of a higher rating, etc.
Take care.

On 7/13/2017 11:58 PM, Lenron wrote:
Maybe find a good deal on the bay or Amazon.

On 7/13/17, Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@twc.com> wrote:
Hi Dennis, do you have a carrier right now? If not, I will go to the
different ones and see what options they wouldn't give you. And you should
be over to get an S he through them. The only other option that I can think
of, is spending a little more, and going to Apple, and buying a phone out
right which mean the one that you want, and then taking it to carrier that
you wish to take it too. And buying an unlocked means that you can take it
to any carrier. Which is very nice.
On Jul 13, 2017, at 6:45 PM, Dennis L <dennisl1982@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi does anyone know where you can get I phones at good prices? I was
thinking about an SE. feel free to email me at
Dennisl1982@gmail.com

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

I have cricket which works on at&t.

Hi Dennis, do you have a carrier right now? If not, I will go to the
different ones and see what options they wouldn't give you. And you should
be over to get an S he through them. The only other option that I can think
of, is spending a little more, and going to Apple, and buying a phone out
right which mean the one that you want, and then taking it to carrier that
you wish to take it too. And buying an unlocked means that you can take it
to any carrier. Which is very nice.
On Jul 13, 2017, at 6:45 PM, Dennis L <dennisl1982@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi does anyone know where you can get I phones at good prices? I was
thinking about an SE. feel free to email me at Dennisl1982@gmail.com

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi Dennis, then what I stated below doesn't apply. I recommend going to an apple store, and seeing him they still have that CD for free with a two-year contract. And then go ahead and sign the contract with cricket wireless so that way you don't have to worry about looking for one. I believe Apple still has this deal going on. It's been over a while since I got my grandma ST from Apple. But it was definitely a great purchase.

On Jul 14, 2017, at 2:20 AM, Dennis L <dennisl1982@gmail.com> wrote:

I have cricket which works on at&t.

Hi Dennis, do you have a carrier right now? If not, I will go to the
different ones and see what options they wouldn't give you. And you should
be over to get an S he through them. The only other option that I can think
of, is spending a little more, and going to Apple, and buying a phone out
right which mean the one that you want, and then taking it to carrier that
you wish to take it too. And buying an unlocked means that you can take it
to any carrier. Which is very nice.
On Jul 13, 2017, at 6:45 PM, Dennis L <dennisl1982@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi does anyone know where you can get I phones at good prices? I was
thinking about an SE. feel free to email me at Dennisl1982@gmail.com

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Why pay 400 bucks from Amazon whenever you can go to Apple, and get the essay for free on a two-year contract which is the phone that he wants.

On Jul 14, 2017, at 1:39 AM, Jeremy <icu8it2@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

heather albright

You know apple has payment plans for up to two years for  unlocked phones.  My mom got her se for 14 dollars a month. I think it was 64gb or it could have been the 128. That included apple care too. So one does not need to sign contracts to afford iphones anymore! Cheers Heather

contact:
e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
skype: cynterline
ham call sign:
kd5cbl
sites:
National Federation of The Blind:
www.nfb.org
how the blind do it:
www.blindhow.com

Why pay 400 bucks from Amazon whenever you can go to Apple, and get the essay for free on a two-year contract which is the phone that he wants.

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 1:39 AM, Jeremy <icu8it2@...> wrote:

> Yeah, Amazon is definitely a great way to go about it. My wife just got a refurbished unlocked 128 gigabyte 6S for about 400 bucks and she absolutely loves it. I don't have any links off the top of my head, but I'd highly suggest taking a look there to see what's available. Just pay attention to what the description and such says about the device, take note of the providers with more reviews of a higher rating, etc.

> Take care.

> On 7/13/2017 11:58 PM, Lenron wrote:

>> Maybe find a good deal on the bay or Amazon.

>> On 7/13/17, Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...> wrote:

>>> Hi Dennis, do you have a carrier right now? If not, I will go to the

>>> different ones and see what options they wouldn't give you. And you should

>>> be over to get an S he through them. The only other option that I can think

>>> of, is spending a little more, and going to Apple, and buying a phone out

>>> right which mean the one that you want, and then taking it to carrier that

>>> you wish to take it too. And buying an unlocked means that you can take it

>>> to any carrier. Which is very nice.

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Peter Spitz

I've used Cricket for a few years now and it's always been $35 a month
with auto-pay and that's unlimited everything. I know the data slows
after some time but I don't use it enough to ever experience the
slowdown. They apparently piggyback off of ATT's equipment so if your
ATT signal is good or spotty, Cricket's will be too. Here in
Janesville, WI, the coverage isn't great, only 3 bars max but if you
go ten miles south, it goes to full 5 bars. So far, my 5C has taken
every iOS update that has been offered and while it does have a 2.5mm
audio port, I still prefer my Bluetooth headphones when I listen to it
privately.

Peter

[...]

As for finding an unlocked phone, there is a BLIND BST (Buy, Sell,
Trade) group that often has people selling their phones.