From: Josh Kennedy
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2017 10:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] plumbing issue any ideas?

hey everyone I have a question. I have my own house. within the past two
months you know how when you flush the toilet the water turns on to fill
the tank back up? Well first of all, it fills up slower than it used to,
second, when I run the bath the toilet filling process nearly comes to a
standstill. next, when i run the washer in the basement when the washer
is filling up the bath won't fill and toilet won't fill the tank back up
unless the washer is done filling first. also washer filling seems to
take longer. any ideas?

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Rob <captinlogic@...>

Mich Verrier <michv@eastlink.ca> wrote:
hmm it sounds like you said in your subject line a plumming ishu and iw ould

It sounds like maybe there might be some air vents being blocked. Go around and check those out too. But I'm no plumbing expert.

Dave Mitchel

was the pressure good before the last couple of months?
ask the city to check the water pressure at the meter.
then you may have to have a plumber check the pressure coming into the house and if there is a difference it may be roots clogging the lines somewhere along the way.
Call the city first if they are your water supplier.

hey everyone I have a question. I have my own house. within the past two
months you know how when you flush the toilet the water turns on to fill
the tank back up? Well first of all, it fills up slower than it used to,
second, when I run the bath the toilet filling process nearly comes to a
standstill. next, when i run the washer in the basement when the washer
is filling up the bath won't fill and toilet won't fill the tank back up
unless the washer is done filling first. also washer filling seems to
take longer. any ideas?

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hey Josh, I think that your question would be more suitable for the blind handyman list. As I think these guys mainly do more with technology for computers. So the adjoining link will be below for you.

Joseph Hudson

Email
jhud7789@gmail.com
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89
facebook
Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

FaceTime/iMessage
jhud7789@yahoo.com

On Jul 16, 2017, at 9:27 PM, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@gmail.com> wrote:

hey everyone I have a question. I have my own house. within the past two months you know how when you flush the toilet the water turns on to fill the tank back up? Well first of all, it fills up slower than it used to, second, when I run the bath the toilet filling process nearly comes to a standstill. next, when i run the washer in the basement when the washer is filling up the bath won't fill and toilet won't fill the tank back up unless the washer is done filling first. also washer filling seems to take longer. any ideas?

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Michael Boyd <mike122061@...>

Start by checking that the stop valve underneath the toilet has not gotten turned partially off, then check the float valve inside the tank to make sure it is flowing fully. If you have good pressure while filling your bath tub or out of your shower head, it has to be something isolated to the toilet. If the entire house has lost pressure, then the problem is most likely stemming from your main water supply. The drain vents do not effect the inbound water pressure, so you can eliminate that as an issue in this case. Also make sure that you do not have any leakes around your house that could be bleeding off your pressure and running up your bill.

Michael

hey everyone I have a question. I have my own house. within the past two
months you know how when you flush the toilet the water turns on to fill
the tank back up? Well first of all, it fills up slower than it used to,
second, when I run the bath the toilet filling process nearly comes to a
standstill. next, when i run the washer in the basement when the washer
is filling up the bath won't fill and toilet won't fill the tank back up
unless the washer is done filling first. also washer filling seems to
take longer. any ideas?

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

yes before the last few months pressure was fine.

-----Original Message----- From: Josh Kennedy
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2017 7:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

hey everyone I have a question. I have my own house. within the past two
months you know how when you flush the toilet the water turns on to fill
the tank back up? Well first of all, it fills up slower than it used to,
second, when I run the bath the toilet filling process nearly comes to a
standstill. next, when i run the washer in the basement when the washer
is filling up the bath won't fill and toilet won't fill the tank back up
unless the washer is done filling first. also washer filling seems to
take longer. any ideas?

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Dave

Hi Josh,

Every home I've been in, has a Main Water Valve. Usually between the
Street and the house.

Usually covered by a Metal plate that can be easily lifted off and
someone could screw around with this valve. You could find this Water
Valve and open it up.

Sounds like you are experiencing a Water Restriction of what water is
coming into the home. This Main Valve is where I would check first.

The other possibility is much more dreadful as you could have a very bad
leak in the water pipe between the house and the previously mentioned
Valve. This will cause your Water Bill to Explode into something you
won't want to see.

The other thing that comes to mind, is the main water pipe coming into
the home might be clogged. Or in this case a partial clog.

If not the Main Valve being almost closed, time to call the plumber.

Grumpy Dave

--
Dave <dlh007@centurylink.net>

john s

Josh, I wonder if you have corrosion in your lines?

At 10:27 PM 7/16/2017, you wrote:
hey everyone I have a question. I have my own house. within the past two months you know how when you flush the toilet the water turns on to fill the tank back up? Well first of all, it fills up slower than it used to, second, when I run the bath the toilet filling process nearly comes to a standstill. next, when i run the washer in the basement when the washer is filling up the bath won't fill and toilet won't fill the tank back up unless the washer is done filling first. also washer filling seems to take longer. any ideas?

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

John

Donna

I asked my Dad who is a plumber.. Sounds like there is a leak in the main water line that supplies water to your house. Hoping for your sake if I'm correct it is on the city's side & not in your yard. If in your yard it is going to be expensive to fix. My Dad also suggested that you go outside & remove the cover to the crawl space & listen to see if you hear water running. The leak from what you describe will be pretty bad & you should be able to hear.

Donna

hey everyone I have a question. I have my own house. within the past two months you know how when you flush the toilet the water turns on to fill the tank back up? Well first of all, it fills up slower than it used to, second, when I run the bath the toilet filling process nearly comes to a standstill. next, when i run the washer in the basement when the washer is filling up the bath won't fill and toilet won't fill the tank back up unless the washer is done filling first. also washer filling seems to take longer. any ideas?

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Well, I'm not a plumber, so I can't give you any advice except that you've got a water pressure problem. My best advice is to call a plumber. I'd get names from your neighbors or friends. I'd get three estimates if it looks like it's going to take lots of money to fix, and I'd choose either the middle one, or the guy who treats you like a human being instead of like a blind person. If you're really worried about being stiffed, get a neighbor or friend to be with you when the people come, and if you get a contract, do not sign anything unless you have the whole thing read to you, the whole thing, not parts. Do not allow your reader to say, "It says ..." No, no, uh-uh. read the whole thing, every word.

That's my best advice.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Dave Mitchel

ask neighbors if they are having the same proboems

Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2017 7:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

hey everyone I have a question. I have my own house. within the past two
months you know how when you flush the toilet the water turns on to fill
the tank back up? Well first of all, it fills up slower than it used to,
second, when I run the bath the toilet filling process nearly comes to a
standstill. next, when i run the washer in the basement when the washer
is filling up the bath won't fill and toilet won't fill the tank back up
unless the washer is done filling first. also washer filling seems to
take longer. any ideas?

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

My one friend told me that maybe when the guy was here to put in my new water filter maybe he did not turn the main valve open all the way. I also contacted my uncle who knows about plumbing stuff, so am waiting to hear back from him so he can come to my house and check it out. I don't remember what valve is the main water valve and am hesitant to go down in the basement and start turning valves and stuff without knowing what I am doing. I did know a few years ago which one was the main water valve. But since I have no reason to touch it, I forget what does what down there.

Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2017 7:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

hey everyone I have a question. I have my own house. within the past two
months you know how when you flush the toilet the water turns on to fill
the tank back up? Well first of all, it fills up slower than it used to,
second, when I run the bath the toilet filling process nearly comes to a
standstill. next, when i run the washer in the basement when the washer
is filling up the bath won't fill and toilet won't fill the tank back up
unless the washer is done filling first. also washer filling seems to
take longer. any ideas?

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Dave Mitchel

oh yes! I bet that is it. always start with the easiest thing to check. I hope that is it.

Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2017 7:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

hey everyone I have a question. I have my own house. within the past two
months you know how when you flush the toilet the water turns on to fill
the tank back up? Well first of all, it fills up slower than it used to,
second, when I run the bath the toilet filling process nearly comes to a
standstill. next, when i run the washer in the basement when the washer
is filling up the bath won't fill and toilet won't fill the tank back up
unless the washer is done filling first. also washer filling seems to
take longer. any ideas?

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

This is a very good reason for learning and using Braille. If I were thee, of course I haven't labeled my electric box, stick a Braille lable on your valves and then you won't have to remember. That's why the sighted label everything from soup to nuts. They don't want to have to remember what's what.

The fact that you have somebody come and he fiddled with the main valve is a good indication that this may be the trouble. If it is, it's an easy fix. Good luck.

Ann P.