Help needed with downloading files using Mozilla Firefox's earlier version

rhonda

Good morning
 I think that this topic has been touched on a while back.
But for the life of me I can't remember what was said,concerning  Mozilla Firefox and Webvism and updating.
I am running Windows Vista, JAWS 11.00 and I'm still using Mozilla Firefox 52.2.1 32Bit.
The problem that I'm having is with downloading files.
It doesn't finish the download process.
I get that the, download has Failed or retry,
but when I try to download again, or retry, nothing happens.
I keep getting the same results.
I've even tried deleting the download library and trying to download once again and still it won't complete.
Even tried re-installing and,
 the same.
What should I do?
Help Please!!!

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it
(KJV)

'If you pray about it,
 don't worry about it.
 If you're going to worry about it,
 don't pray about it.
Because it is all in the divine order.

At this point, you don't know if the problem has anything to do with Firefox.  the first thing to do is to test with another browser.  Since you have Internet Explorer, try a download and see if you get the whole thing.  Either before or after the Internet Explorer test, try the download with Firefox to be sure that the download doesn't complete.  you are trying to rule out that there may be something unusual about the site or current conditions that is letting the download complete.  In general, you want to be sure that the site you are trying at the moment of the test, is not completeing downloads in firefox.  If the firefox download completes, then that makes the Internet Explorer test worthless.  It has to be done on a known site where Firefox downloads don't complete for a proper comparison.

[...]

As for Internet Explore,
I am still running 8.
and I have tried to download wit it, and it doesn't complete there either.

[...]

Then the problem isn't the browser.  Did you try downloading with IE8 when you first tried to solve the problem?  If you can check a problem with another program such as in this case, you may save a lot of time and frustration.  Once you determine that the problem isn't the browser, you don't have to do anything such as reinstalling the browser or trying to correct problems in the browser.  The problem may be with your Internet Connection, or with something else in your computer.  I don't know what, if anything in the computer might cause downloads not to complete. Others may have ideas.

As I said, the problem may be with the Internet Connection.  Can you stream properly or do streams stop as well?

Gene