Going back to the hospital

Carlos

Hello everyone,

I've finally given in and I'm going to the emergency room tomorrow.  These horrible reoccurring fevers have been making my life miserable on and off for the last few weeks and the only thing I can think it might be is the blood infection again.  Sigh of course, I've actually been feeling a bit better the last couple of days, but I'm still going in because assuming it is the infection, I can't afford to just ignore it.  I'm hoping they won't make be stay and I'll be able to just do the antibiotic treatments at home, but last time they wouldn't release me until my blood tests came back negative which took almost two weeks.  Even if they decide to keep me, I'm taking a computer this time so hopefully I won't be completely out of contact as I was during my previous stay.  Although it may depend on the status of internet service at this hospital.  I would assume Wi-Fi is free as it is with most of them, but they charged me for the phone and television service which is apparently uncommon so who knows.  At least for television service.  However, if there are no hitches with internet service, I should still be here.  I don't even mind paying for Wi-Fi as long as it isn't too unreasonable.  At worst I'm guessing that even if they do charge, it would be part of the package including the phone and television.  Still, I thought I would just let everyone know in case something unforeseeable happens and I do lose contact.

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Well crap, sorry to hear that bro, that's for sure. best of wishes for you and hope that everything goes well and that you get out, nice and quick. I know how frustrating hospital stays can be, but just take it easy and do what ever it takes to get to feeling better as best you can.
Take care and hope you get to feeling better soon.
Laters. :)

On 8/9/2017 11:48 PM, Carlos wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've finally given in and I'm going to the emergency room tomorrow.  These horrible reoccurring fevers have been making my life miserable on and off for the last few weeks and the only thing I can think it might be is the blood infection again.  Sigh of course, I've actually been feeling a bit better the last couple of days, but I'm still going in because assuming it is the infection, I can't afford to just ignore it.  I'm hoping they won't make be stay and I'll be able to just do the antibiotic treatments at home, but last time they wouldn't release me until my blood tests came back negative which took almost two weeks.  Even if they decide to keep me, I'm taking a computer this time so hopefully I won't be completely out of contact as I was during my previous stay.  Although it may depend on the status of internet service at this hospital.  I would assume Wi-Fi is free as it is with most of them, but they charged me for the phone and television service which is apparently uncommon so who knows.  At least for television service.  However, if there are no hitches with internet service, I should still be here.  I don't even mind paying for Wi-Fi as long as it isn't too unreasonable.  At worst I'm guessing that even if they do charge, it would be part of the package including the phone and television.  Still, I thought I would just let everyone know in case something unforeseeable happens and I do lose contact.

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Carlos, this sounds awful. I hope that you get better soon.

On Aug 9, 2017, at 11:48 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've finally given in and I'm going to the emergency room tomorrow. These horrible reoccurring fevers have been making my life miserable on and off for the last few weeks and the only thing I can think it might be is the blood infection again. Sigh of course, I've actually been feeling a bit better the last couple of days, but I'm still going in because assuming it is the infection, I can't afford to just ignore it. I'm hoping they won't make be stay and I'll be able to just do the antibiotic treatments at home, but last time they wouldn't release me until my blood tests came back negative which took almost two weeks. Even if they decide to keep me, I'm taking a computer this time so hopefully I won't be completely out of contact as I was during my previous stay. Although it may depend on the status of internet service at this hospital. I would assume Wi-Fi is free as it is with most of them, but they charged me for the phone and television service which is apparently uncommon so who knows. At least for television service. However, if there are no hitches with internet service, I should still be here. I don't even mind paying for Wi-Fi as long as it isn't too unreasonable. At worst I'm guessing that even if they do charge, it would be part of the package including the phone and television. Still, I thought I would just let everyone know in case something unforeseeable happens and I do lose contact.

Carlos

Thanks guys. At Jeremy, LOL yes it is the hospital stay itself I am least looking forward to.

----- Original Message -----
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:04 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Going back to the hospital

Hello everyone,

I've finally given in and I'm going to the emergency room tomorrow. These horrible reoccurring fevers have been making my life miserable on and off for the last few weeks and the only thing I can think it might be is the blood infection again. Sigh of course, I've actually been feeling a bit better the last couple of days, but I'm still going in because assuming it is the infection, I can't afford to just ignore it. I'm hoping they won't make be stay and I'll be able to just do the antibiotic treatments at home, but last time they wouldn't release me until my blood tests came back negative which took almost two weeks. Even if they decide to keep me, I'm taking a computer this time so hopefully I won't be completely out of contact as I was during my previous stay. Although it may depend on the status of internet service at this hospital. I would assume Wi-Fi is free as it is with most of them, but they charged me for the phone and television service which is apparently uncommon so who knows. At least for television service. However, if there are no hitches with internet service, I should still be here. I don't even mind paying for Wi-Fi as long as it isn't too unreasonable. At worst I'm guessing that even if they do charge, it would be part of the package including the phone and television. Still, I thought I would just let everyone know in case something unforeseeable happens and I do lose contact.

Rob <captinlogic@...>

Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:
I've finally given in and I'm going to the emergency room tomorrow. These horrible reoccurring fevers have been making my life miserable on and off for the last few weeks and the only thing I can think it might be is the blood infection again.
Sounds like fun. Remember to slap a few nurses for entertainment. Good luck.

Moty Azrad

Carlos,

I send to you my berst wishes and good health.
I like and learn much from you in this list.

Moti

Moti Azrad

Musician & Piano-Tuner
motia@...
azrad_moty@...
motiaz@...
ISRAEL

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Carlos
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:03 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Thanks guys. At Jeremy, LOL yes it is the hospital stay itself I am least
looking forward to.

Hello everyone,

I've finally given in and I'm going to the emergency room tomorrow.
These horrible reoccurring fevers have been making my life miserable
on and off for the last few weeks and the only thing I can think it
might be is the blood infection again. Sigh of course, I've actually
been feeling a bit better the last couple of days, but I'm still going
in because assuming it is the infection, I can't afford to just ignore
it. I'm hoping they won't make be stay and I'll be able to just do
the antibiotic treatments at home, but last time they wouldn't release
me until my blood tests came back negative which took almost two
weeks. Even if they decide to keep me, I'm taking a computer this
time so hopefully I won't be completely out of contact as I was during
my previous stay. Although it may depend on the status of internet
service at this hospital. I would assume Wi-Fi is free as it is with
most of them, but they charged me for the phone and television service
which is apparently uncommon so who knows. At least for television
service. However, if there are no hitches with internet service, I
should still be here. I don't even mind paying for Wi-Fi as long as
it isn't too unreasonable. At worst I'm guessing that even if they do
charge, it would be part of the package including the phone and
television. Still, I thought I would just let everyone know in case
something unforeseeable happens and I do lose contact.

Gene

Carlos

When I had to unexpectedly return to the hospital after being discharged, going back bothered me a lot more than what I had to go back for.  I wasn't happy at all about being there again.  I'm really sorry you may have to go back and I hope you can receive treatment at home.  I hope you are finally over this soon.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 11:48 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Going back to the hospital

Hello everyone,

Pamela Dominguez

Oh!  Good luck, man!  I hope they find out what this thing is.  I didn’t know you were sick.  Pam.

Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 12:48 AM

Hello everyone,

I've finally given in and I'm going to the emergency room tomorrow.  These horrible reoccurring fevers have been making my life miserable on and off for the last few weeks and the only thing I can think it might be is the blood infection again.  Sigh of course, I've actually been feeling a bit better the last couple of days, but I'm still going in because assuming it is the infection, I can't afford to just ignore it.  I'm hoping they won't make be stay and I'll be able to just do the antibiotic treatments at home, but last time they wouldn't release me until my blood tests came back negative which took almost two weeks.  Even if they decide to keep me, I'm taking a computer this time so hopefully I won't be completely out of contact as I was during my previous stay.  Although it may depend on the status of internet service at this hospital.  I would assume Wi-Fi is free as it is with most of them, but they charged me for the phone and television service which is apparently uncommon so who knows.  At least for television service.  However, if there are no hitches with internet service, I should still be here.  I don't even mind paying for Wi-Fi as long as it isn't too unreasonable.  At worst I'm guessing that even if they do charge, it would be part of the package including the phone and television.  Still, I thought I would just let everyone know in case something unforeseeable happens and I do lose contact.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

john s

Carlos, I'm sorry to hear about your hospital stay.  If it is an infection, I hope it is cleared up, soon.

At 12:48 AM 8/10/2017, you wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've finally given in and I'm going to the emergency room tomorrow.  These horrible reoccurring fevers have been making my life miserable on and off for the last few weeks and the only thing I can think it might be is the blood infection again.  Sigh of course, I've actually been feeling a bit better the last couple of days, but I'm still going in because assuming it is the infection, I can't afford to just ignore it.  I'm hoping they won't make be stay and I'll be able to just do the antibiotic treatments at home, but last time they wouldn't release me until my blood tests came back negative which took almost two weeks.  Even if they decide to keep me, I'm taking a computer this time so hopefully I won't be completely out of contact as I was during my previous stay.  Although it may depend on the status of internet service at this hospital.  I would assume Wi-Fi is free as it is with most of them, but they charged me for the phone and television service which is apparently uncommon so who knows.  At least for television service.  However, if there are no hitches with internet service, I should still be here.  I don't even mind paying for Wi-Fi as long as it isn't too unreasonable.  At worst I'm guessing that even if they do charge, it would be part of the package including the phone and television.  Still, I thought I would just let everyone know in case something unforeseeable happens and I do lose contact.

John

Pat Seed

Hi Carlos,
I am Definitely Praying that you do not need to stay in the hospital. If you do need to stay, I Pray that the amount of time needed in the hospital is as short as possible. Lastly, I Definitely Pray that this blood infection thing can be solved so that it does not occur again. I almost forgot, if you do need to stay, I Pray that you can use your laptop without much cost. It is no fun just doing nothing. Please take care.
Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat Seed

Hello everyone,

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Carlos, stay well. Will miss you, but hoping you'll be able to keep in contact.

Get well soon, Thinking of you, blessings.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
** New EMAIL: akp@...
web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Carlos

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.

To Gene,
Yes I agree. The hospital stay itself is worse than the reason for being there. Especially for me personally since until recently, my health has always been good and I've never in my entire life been hospitalized for anything. The constant poking and prodding, trying to sleep in a strange environment, the rooms always being too cold, not being able to bathe easily because you have IVs stuck in your arms, and so on. It is a miserable experience I'm not looking forward to repeating.

Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 7:16 AM

Hi all,

Carlos, stay well. Will miss you, but hoping you'll be able to keep in contact.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

David Ferrin <dpf.1996@...>

I feel your pain brother having been in for only two nights last November myself the first wasn’t too bad, but the second was the longest night of my life. You call for a nurse and they just don’t show up for hours and I was right across the hall from their station. My wife called and I couldn’t talk to her because of the discomfort I won’t go into on this forum. Let’s just say no thank you on a repeat visit.

Hello everyone,

David Ferrin
Life is what happens after you have already made other plans.

joanne

Carlos, I hope they find out what has caused the fevers and that they can get you better soon.  Please let us know how you're doing.

Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 11:48 PM

Hello everyone,

Chris G <jedikent@...>

You forgot about the food how wonderful that is.

Good luck, hope they find it and get rid of it quickly.

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower

On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 07:32:47 -0400
"Carlos" <carlos1106@...> wrote:

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.

To Gene,
Yes I agree. The hospital stay itself is worse than the reason for being there. Especially for me personally since until recently, my health has always been good and I've never in my entire life been hospitalized for anything. The constant poking and prodding, trying to sleep in a strange environment, the rooms always being too cold, not being able to bathe easily because you have IVs stuck in your arms, and so on. It is a miserable experience I'm not looking forward to repeating.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 7:16 AM

Hi all,

Carlos, stay well. Will miss you, but hoping you'll be able to keep in > contact.

Ann P.

-- > Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Get well we will miss you.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pat Seed
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 6:50 AM

Hi Carlos,

I am Definitely Praying that you do not need to stay in the hospital. If you do need to stay, I Pray that the amount of time needed in the hospital is as short as possible. Lastly, I Definitely Pray that this blood infection thing can be solved so that it does not occur again. I almost forgot, if you do need to stay, I Pray that you can use your laptop without much cost. It is no fun just doing nothing. Please take care.

Blessings and All the Very Best,

Pat Seed

Hello everyone,

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Don't forget the 5 star food

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Carlos
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:03 AM

Thanks guys. At Jeremy, LOL yes it is the hospital stay itself I am least
looking forward to.

Hello everyone,

I've finally given in and I'm going to the emergency room tomorrow.
These horrible reoccurring fevers have been making my life miserable
on and off for the last few weeks and the only thing I can think it
might be is the blood infection again. Sigh of course, I've actually
been feeling a bit better the last couple of days, but I'm still going
in because assuming it is the infection, I can't afford to just ignore
it. I'm hoping they won't make be stay and I'll be able to just do
the antibiotic treatments at home, but last time they wouldn't release
me until my blood tests came back negative which took almost two
weeks. Even if they decide to keep me, I'm taking a computer this
time so hopefully I won't be completely out of contact as I was during
my previous stay. Although it may depend on the status of internet
service at this hospital. I would assume Wi-Fi is free as it is with
most of them, but they charged me for the phone and television service
which is apparently uncommon so who knows. At least for television
service. However, if there are no hitches with internet service, I
should still be here. I don't even mind paying for Wi-Fi as long as
it isn't too unreasonable. At worst I'm guessing that even if they do
charge, it would be part of the package including the phone and
television. Still, I thought I would just let everyone know in case
something unforeseeable happens and I do lose contact.

Barb O'Connor

Carlos, thank you for the heads up. My thoughts will be with you. I certainly hope you don't have to stay as long as you did the last time. Keep us posted as you can. Take care of yourself.
Barb

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 10, 2017, at 12:18 AM, Jeremy <icu8it2@...> wrote:

Well crap, sorry to hear that bro, that's for sure. best of wishes for you and hope that everything goes well and that you get out, nice and quick. I know how frustrating hospital stays can be, but just take it easy and do what ever it takes to get to feeling better as best you can.
Take care and hope you get to feeling better soon.
Laters. :)

On 8/9/2017 11:48 PM, Carlos wrote:
Hello everyone,

Jamie

Hi, Carlos,
I hope everything will be all right and that you won’t have to stay in the hospital. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 10:48 PM

Hello everyone,

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

So sorry to hear this and want to wish you the best of luck.
Marie

Sent: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 9:48 PM

Hello everyone,