From: "Bill Koppelmann" <billmeister@...>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2016 10:18 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] flash drive info

Hi Carlos,
Ok, that works for me, so I'll go with sandisk then. However, that reminds me of something. In my MD-620, it has what I'll call a mini sd card. I'm not sure just what they call them as I'm from the old dos days, (smiles) but I bet you know, and hopefully can tell me.
Thanks,
Bill K.

Monte Single

Nowadays, when you buy a micro sd card, it comes in a sd adapter, so it can
be used as both sd and micro sd.

Ok, that works for me, so I'll go with sandisk then. However, that reminds
me of something. In my MD-620, it has what I'll call a mini sd card. I'm not
sure just what they call them as I'm from the old dos days, (smiles) but I
bet you know, and hopefully can tell me.
Thanks,
Bill K.

Carlos

It is probably not anymore expensive to buy a MicroSD card which comes with an adapter, but it cannot be assumed that they will all include one since they can be purchased with or without the adapter.

Nowadays, when you buy a micro sd card, it comes in a sd adapter, so it can
be used as both sd and micro sd.

Ok, that works for me, so I'll go with sandisk then. However, that reminds
me of something. In my MD-620, it has what I'll call a mini sd card. I'm not
sure just what they call them as I'm from the old dos days, (smiles) but I
bet you know, and hopefully can tell me.
Thanks,
Bill K.

Pamela Dominguez

I thought that the sandisk drives had software in them that you had to take out with a removal program. Pam.

Ok, that works for me, so I'll go with sandisk then. However, that
reminds me of something. In my MD-620, it has what I'll call a mini sd
card. I'm not sure just what they call them as I'm from the old dos
days, (smiles) but I bet you know, and hopefully can tell me.
Thanks,
Bill K.

Carlos

No, only certain SanDisk drives contain U3 software.

I thought that the sandisk drives had software in them that you had to take out with a removal program. Pam.

Ok, that works for me, so I'll go with sandisk then. However, that
reminds me of something. In my MD-620, it has what I'll call a mini sd
card. I'm not sure just what they call them as I'm from the old dos
days, (smiles) but I bet you know, and hopefully can tell me.
Thanks,
Bill K.

Pamela Dominguez

So, how do you know which ones to avoid? Pam.

No, only certain SanDisk drives contain U3 software.
I thought that the sandisk drives had software in them that you had to take out with a removal program. Pam.

Ok, that works for me, so I'll go with sandisk then. However, that
reminds me of something. In my MD-620, it has what I'll call a mini sd
card. I'm not sure just what they call them as I'm from the old dos
days, (smiles) but I bet you know, and hopefully can tell me.
Thanks,
Bill K.

Carlos

The SanDisk drives which include U3 software will usually say so in the description, but especially these days the majority of their drives do not include it.