From: "MamaPeach" <mamapeach@charter.net>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 1:44 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Question For Members Subscribed With A Verizon Address

Has anyone on this list that is subscribed with Verizon notice that your
messages never show up on the list? I just started a subgroup of my recipe
list and for some weird reason, one person that is subscribed with Verizon
tries to post, but not everyone receives her messages. Some do, some don't.
I am one of those who never sees her messages, which makes it more weird
because I am the owner of the list and should receive all posts from all
members. I have contacted groups.io support and tried to explain to them
what is happening, but they haven't given me any answers yet.

Gerald Levy

Aha!! Another Verizon customer who is having trouble with a Groups.IO mailing list. As I posted here yesterday,any message I send to this list as well as the three other Groups.IO email lists I belong to is no longer appearing in my In Box, although it is apparently being received by other list members. This started happening about 3 days ago,and I have contacted Groups.IO support but have not yet received a response. I am having the same problem with the Blind Tech, JFW and Household Tips lists, which are also hosted by Groups.IO. If the problem is with Verizon, forget about it because their customer support is based overseas in India and their agents do not speak or understand English very well so the chances of getting them to resolve the problem are probably slim to none.

Gerald

Has anyone on this list that is subscribed with Verizon notice that your
messages never show up on the list? I just started a subgroup of my recipe
list and for some weird reason, one person that is subscribed with Verizon
tries to post, but not everyone receives her messages. Some do, some don't.
I am one of those who never sees her messages, which makes it more weird
because I am the owner of the list and should receive all posts from all
members. I have contacted groups.io support and tried to explain to them
what is happening, but they haven't given me any answers yet.

Gerald Levy

Because my messages are not reaching my In Box, would it make sense as a work around to simply add my email address to the "TO" field of any message I send to this list to ensure that it reaches my In Box as well as the rest of the list? Or is this a dumb idea?

Gerald

Gerald was having this problem and Verizon is his ISP. Although it seemed
more like his messages were reaching the list in general, but not his inbox.
Has anyone on this list that is subscribed with Verizon notice that your
messages never show up on the list? I just started a subgroup of my recipe
list and for some weird reason, one person that is subscribed with Verizon
tries to post, but not everyone receives her messages. Some do, some don't.
I am one of those who never sees her messages, which makes it more weird
because I am the owner of the list and should receive all posts from all
members. I have contacted groups.io support and tried to explain to them
what is happening, but they haven't given me any answers yet.

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

No, I think that might be a dumb idea. Is we know that you can get private emails from other subscribers.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89 facebook
Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

-----Original Message----- From: Carlos
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 2:17 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

----- Original Message ----- From: "MamaPeach" <mamapeach@...>
Has anyone on this list that is subscribed with Verizon notice that your
messages never show up on the list? I just started a subgroup of my recipe
list and for some weird reason, one person that is subscribed with Verizon
tries to post, but not everyone receives her messages. Some do, some don't.
I am one of those who never sees her messages, which makes it more weird
because I am the owner of the list and should receive all posts from all
members. I have contacted groups.io support and tried to explain to them
what is happening, but they haven't given me any answers yet.

MamaPeach <mamapeach@...>

Yes, they make it to the archives, but not to some people's inboxes. Same problem here. Did he figure out how to fix it?

Gerald was having this problem and Verizon is his ISP. Although it seemed
more like his messages were reaching the list in general, but not his inbox.
Has anyone on this list that is subscribed with Verizon notice that your
messages never show up on the list? I just started a subgroup of my recipe
list and for some weird reason, one person that is subscribed with Verizon
tries to post, but not everyone receives her messages. Some do, some don't.
I am one of those who never sees her messages, which makes it more weird
because I am the owner of the list and should receive all posts from all
members. I have contacted groups.io support and tried to explain to them
what is happening, but they haven't given me any answers yet.

Carlos

I don't believe so based on his next few messages. The problem must be on Verizon's end unless the owner of groups.io has any thoughts to the contrary.

[...]

Although as a general or temporary workaround, I would suggest that members experiencing this problem might want to consider subscribing using a more generic Email provider like Gmail.

[...]

Gene

Also, the providers being used by those not receiving mail may be placing it in the spam folders of those peoples' online accounts.  They might be able to see the messages if they looked in the spam folder using their on line web mail service.  They may have to tell their spam filter that the messages aren't spam.  If this sort of thing is beyond the knowledge of those list members, perhaps they should contact their providers.

Just because the messages aren't reaching their dcomputers doesn't mean that they are not being received.  They may be being stopped at the provider's spam filter.

I don't believe so based on his next few messages.  The problem must be on
Verizon's end unless the owner of groups.io has any thoughts to the
contrary.
> Yes, they make it to the archives, but not to some people's inboxes. Same
> problem here. Did he figure out how to fix it?

I suggested that to Gerald, but he says that he saw nothing when logging in via the Verizon web interface.

Also, the providers being used by those not receiving mail may be placing it in the spam folders of those peoples' online accounts.  They might be able to see the messages if they looked in the spam folder using their on line web mail service.  They may have to tell their spam filter that the messages aren't spam.  If this sort of thing is beyond the knowledge of those list members, perhaps they should contact their providers.

Just because the messages aren't reaching their dcomputers doesn't mean that they are not being received.  They may be being stopped at the provider's spam filter.

I don't believe so based on his next few messages.  The problem must be on
Verizon's end unless the owner of groups.io has any thoughts to the
contrary.
> Yes, they make it to the archives, but not to some people's inboxes. Same
> problem here. Did he figure out how to fix it?

Ugh, I hate charter’s website. It is a nightmare to find your way around and talking to someone there can be even more of a nightmare. I will see what I can find out on the site.

Also, the providers being used by those not receiving mail may be placing it in the spam folders of those peoples' online accounts.  They might be able to see the messages if they looked in the spam folder using their on line web mail service.  They may have to tell their spam filter that the messages aren't spam.  If this sort of thing is beyond the knowledge of those list members, perhaps they should contact their providers.

Just because the messages aren't reaching their dcomputers doesn't mean that they are not being received.  They may be being stopped at the provider's spam filter.

I don't believe so based on his next few messages.  The problem must be on
Verizon's end unless the owner of groups.io has any thoughts to the
contrary.
> Yes, they make it to the archives, but not to some people's inboxes. Same
> problem here. Did he figure out how to fix it?

Matt

Well. that or the list has so many emails coming thru that Verizon has black listed this list and you might have to call and see if they have and if you can get them to take it off! If all else fells just create a Gmail account .

Also, the providers being used by those not receiving mail may be placing it in the spam folders of those peoples' online accounts.  They might be able to see the messages if they looked in the spam folder using their on line web mail service.  They may have to tell their spam filter that the messages aren't spam.  If this sort of thing is beyond the knowledge of those list members, perhaps they should contact their providers.

Just because the messages aren't reaching their dcomputers doesn't mean that they are not being received.  They may be being stopped at the provider's spam filter.

I don't believe so based on his next few messages.  The problem must be on
Verizon's end unless the owner of groups.io has any thoughts to the
contrary.
> Yes, they make it to the archives, but not to some people's inboxes. Same
> problem here. Did he figure out how to fix it?

Lois is a Verizon subscriber and she never sees her own messages on my recipe list. I am able to correspond with her privately with my Charter address, just am not receiving any of her messages on the groups.io list. Just learned of another member who uses Verizon that his messages aren’t making it to the list either, but he is able to write me privately. That just doesn’t sound like Charter is blocking. It sounds like groups.io is blocking for some reason. Plus others that are not on Charter aren’t receiving messages from Verizon members. It is weird, some are receiving, but not everyone. The only way that I know that someone who uses Verizon has posted is by looking in the archives of the list, or if someone who did get the message replies to that person. I get the messages from people using Verizon just fine with my gmail address, just makes no sense at all to me.

Also, the providers being used by those not receiving mail may be placing it in the spam folders of those peoples' online accounts.  They might be able to see the messages if they looked in the spam folder using their on line web mail service.  They may have to tell their spam filter that the messages aren't spam.  If this sort of thing is beyond the knowledge of those list members, perhaps they should contact their providers.

Just because the messages aren't reaching their dcomputers doesn't mean that they are not being received.  They may be being stopped at the provider's spam filter.

I don't believe so based on his next few messages.  The problem must be on
Verizon's end unless the owner of groups.io has any thoughts to the
contrary.
> Yes, they make it to the archives, but not to some people's inboxes. Same
> problem here. Did he figure out how to fix it?

I don’t see how that could be as the list was just created on February 5th. Shrugging shoulders with no knowledge as to why this is happening.

Well. that or the list has so many emails coming thru that Verizon has black listed this list and you might have to call and see if they have and if you can get them to take it off! If all else fells just create a Gmail account .

Also, the providers being used by those not receiving mail may be placing it in the spam folders of those peoples' online accounts.  They might be able to see the messages if they looked in the spam folder using their on line web mail service.  They may have to tell their spam filter that the messages aren't spam.  If this sort of thing is beyond the knowledge of those list members, perhaps they should contact their providers.

Just because the messages aren't reaching their dcomputers doesn't mean that they are not being received.  They may be being stopped at the provider's spam filter.

I don't believe so based on his next few messages.  The problem must be on
Verizon's end unless the owner of groups.io has any thoughts to the
contrary.
> Yes, they make it to the archives, but not to some people's inboxes. Same
> problem here. Did he figure out how to fix it?

I just discovered another groups.io list that is having the same problem, not seeing posts by Verizon users.

I don’t see how that could be as the list was just created on February 5th. Shrugging shoulders with no knowledge as to why this is happening.

Well. that or the list has so many emails coming thru that Verizon has black listed this list and you might have to call and see if they have and if you can get them to take it off! If all else fells just create a Gmail account .

Also, the providers being used by those not receiving mail may be placing it in the spam folders of those peoples' online accounts.  They might be able to see the messages if they looked in the spam folder using their on line web mail service.  They may have to tell their spam filter that the messages aren't spam.  If this sort of thing is beyond the knowledge of those list members, perhaps they should contact their providers.

Just because the messages aren't reaching their dcomputers doesn't mean that they are not being received.  They may be being stopped at the provider's spam filter.

I don't believe so based on his next few messages.  The problem must be on
Verizon's end unless the owner of groups.io has any thoughts to the
contrary.
> Yes, they make it to the archives, but not to some people's inboxes. Same
> problem here. Did he figure out how to fix it?

With two groups being affected I had already assumed the problem was specific to groups.io and Verizon.  I suspect only the owner will be able to determine which one is responsible.  Or a call to Verizon, but Gerald seems convinced that dealing with Verizon would be pointless.

I just discovered another groups.io list that is having the same problem, not seeing posts by Verizon users.

I don’t see how that could be as the list was just created on February 5th. Shrugging shoulders with no knowledge as to why this is happening.

Well. that or the list has so many emails coming thru that Verizon has black listed this list and you might have to call and see if they have and if you can get them to take it off! If all else fells just create a Gmail account .

Also, the providers being used by those not receiving mail may be placing it in the spam folders of those peoples' online accounts.  They might be able to see the messages if they looked in the spam folder using their on line web mail service.  They may have to tell their spam filter that the messages aren't spam.  If this sort of thing is beyond the knowledge of those list members, perhaps they should contact their providers.

Just because the messages aren't reaching their dcomputers doesn't mean that they are not being received.  They may be being stopped at the provider's spam filter.

I don't believe so based on his next few messages.  The problem must be on
Verizon's end unless the owner of groups.io has any thoughts to the
contrary.
> Yes, they make it to the archives, but not to some people's inboxes. Same
> problem here. Did he figure out how to fix it?

Yep, it is more than two groups now. I hope something is done about this soon.

With two groups being affected I had already assumed the problem was specific to groups.io and Verizon.  I suspect only the owner will be able to determine which one is responsible.  Or a call to Verizon, but Gerald seems convinced that dealing with Verizon would be pointless.
I just discovered another groups.io list that is having the same problem, not seeing posts by Verizon users.

I don’t see how that could be as the list was just created on February 5th. Shrugging shoulders with no knowledge as to why this is happening.

Well. that or the list has so many emails coming thru that Verizon has black listed this list and you might have to call and see if they have and if you can get them to take it off! If all else fells just create a Gmail account .

Also, the providers being used by those not receiving mail may be placing it in the spam folders of those peoples' online accounts.  They might be able to see the messages if they looked in the spam folder using their on line web mail service.  They may have to tell their spam filter that the messages aren't spam.  If this sort of thing is beyond the knowledge of those list members, perhaps they should contact their providers.

Just because the messages aren't reaching their dcomputers doesn't mean that they are not being received.  They may be being stopped at the provider's spam filter.

I don't believe so based on his next few messages.  The problem must be on
Verizon's end unless the owner of groups.io has any thoughts to the
contrary.
> Yes, they make it to the archives, but not to some people's inboxes. Same
> problem here. Did he figure out how to fix it?

Yeah, my Verizon spam folder is empty, so my messages are not being routed there.  I just submitted a Whitelist request to Verizon to unblock groups.io, but I’m not too optimistic that they will do anything.    This is basically all I can do.  In my experience, Verizon support is very unhelpful and they will almost always deny that the problem is at their end.

Gerald

I suggested that to Gerald, but he says that he saw nothing when logging in via the Verizon web interface.
Also, the providers being used by those not receiving mail may be placing it in the spam folders of those peoples' online accounts.  They might be able to see the messages if they looked in the spam folder using their on line web mail service.  They may have to tell their spam filter that the messages aren't spam.  If this sort of thing is beyond the knowledge of those list members, perhaps they should contact their providers.

Just because the messages aren't reaching their dcomputers doesn't mean that they are not being received.  They may be being stopped at the provider's spam filter.

I don't believe so based on his next few messages.  The problem must be on
Verizon's end unless the owner of groups.io has any thoughts to the
contrary.
> Yes, they make it to the archives, but not to some people's inboxes. Same
> problem here. Did he figure out how to fix it?

Well, if this problem persists, and neither Groups.IO nor Verizon is able to fix it, then moving the list to a different listserv may be the only alternative.

Gerald

Yep, it is more than two groups now. I hope something is done about this soon.

With two groups being affected I had already assumed the problem was specific to groups.io and Verizon.  I suspect only the owner will be able to determine which one is responsible.  Or a call to Verizon, but Gerald seems convinced that dealing with Verizon would be pointless.
I just discovered another groups.io list that is having the same problem, not seeing posts by Verizon users.

I don’t see how that could be as the list was just created on February 5th. Shrugging shoulders with no knowledge as to why this is happening.

Well. that or the list has so many emails coming thru that Verizon has black listed this list and you might have to call and see if they have and if you can get them to take it off! If all else fells just create a Gmail account .

Also, the providers being used by those not receiving mail may be placing it in the spam folders of those peoples' online accounts.  They might be able to see the messages if they looked in the spam folder using their on line web mail service.  They may have to tell their spam filter that the messages aren't spam.  If this sort of thing is beyond the knowledge of those list members, perhaps they should contact their providers.

Just because the messages aren't reaching their dcomputers doesn't mean that they are not being received.  They may be being stopped at the provider's spam filter.

I don't believe so based on his next few messages.  The problem must be on
Verizon's end unless the owner of groups.io has any thoughts to the
contrary.
> Yes, they make it to the archives, but not to some people's inboxes. Same
> problem here. Did he figure out how to fix it?

No, I won't move the list.  I have seen how many problems that has caused in the past.  Assuming the issue cannot be resolved, it would be simpler for those members who are experiencing this problem with Verizon to subscribe using a third-party Email address like Gmail.