captia

Jeffrey Schwartz

Is there a program to help with these buggers?  Even with the auditory version,  the speech is poor and even if I could hear it, my memory fils me when I get to the edit field

Thanks,

Jeff

Gene

Some captchas can be solved with programs.  Some can't.  The I am not a robot captcha is one that can't be.  You may be able to verify yourself by filling out the information required by the form and then chaecking the check box that says I am not a robot.  If you aren't verified, you can try an audio challenge or you can get another audio challenge if you wish to see if you can fine an easier to understand one.  I don't know if there is a limit on the number of times you can get an audio challenge.But your comments on memory failing you shows a significant misconception.  You can fill in the edit field as you hear the numbers.  You don't need to memorize them and then fill in the field.  If you are in the field when the numbers are read, each time a number is announced, you can enter it in the edit field. 

I should also say that if you check the check box and aren't verified, you can try to avoid an audio challenge by closing the page, going to it again, filling out the information again, and then checking the check box again.  You may be verified if you do this two, three, or a number of times beyond three. 

Gene

------ Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 6:52 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] captia

Is there a program to help with these buggers?  Even with the auditory version,  the speech is poor and even if I could hear it, my memory fils me when I get to the edit field

Thanks,

Jeff

Jujube

Webvisum

----- Original Message -----
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 19:52:10 -0400

Is there a program to help with these buggers? Even with the auditory
version, the speech is poor and even if I could hear it, my memory fils me
when I get to the edit field

Thanks,

Jeff

Michael Boyd <mike122061@...>

Hi Jeff,

There is Web Visum, but I don’t believe it works with the latest versions of Firefox, and it will not work with Internet Explorer at all. There is one that requires a monthly subscription called Captcha Be Gone, around $5 per month, and you have to subscribe to the one for the browser that you use. The last time I checked, the versions for Firefox and Google Chrome had not been released yet, but that has been quite a while ago. I tried the one for IE, but had no luck from it. I have found that listening very closely to the audio captchas and replaying them is the best method of solving them. Over time your ear can be trained to understand what they are saying without too much trouble. Sometimes there is an option to download a mp3 file of the captcha, and Windows Media Player typically plays the voices much clearer than the web player does. That’s the best I can give you on this subject.

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey Schwartz

Looks good but requires me to switch to Firefox I've been using IE for
many years. I'm quite familiar with it and don't wish to switch.
Thanks,
Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Jujube
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 9:30 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] captia

Webvisum

Is there a program to help with these buggers? Even with the auditory
version, the speech is poor and even if I could hear it, my memory fils me

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey Schwartz

Thanks Michael,

The worst part of being blind, in my experience, is the loss of independence.  I guess that I’ll have to give in on this one and call my wife in.

Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Boyd
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 10:43 PM

Hi Jeff,

There is Web Visum, but I don’t believe it works with the latest versions of Firefox, and it will not work with Internet Explorer at all. There is one that requires a monthly subscription called Captcha Be Gone, around $5 per month, and you have to subscribe to the one for the browser that you use. The last time I checked, the versions for Firefox and Google Chrome had not been released yet, but that has been quite a while ago. I tried the one for IE, but had no luck from it. I have found that listening very closely to the audio captchas and replaying them is the best method of solving them. Over time your ear can be trained to understand what they are saying without too much trouble. Sometimes there is an option to download a mp3 file of the captcha, and Windows Media Player typically plays the voices much clearer than the web player does. That’s the best I can give you on this subject.

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz

Thanks,

Jeff

Carlos

It doesn't matter that WebVisum doesn't work with newer versions of Firefox.  You can use it with an older portable version such as 52 and only run it when you need to solve captchas.  And there are less expensive alternatives than Captcha Be Gone that work with other browsers such as Rumola.

Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 10:42 PM

Hi Jeff,

Michael

Thanks,

Jeff

Carlos

You talk about refusing to switch to Firefox in your previous message, but then you talk about lack of independence.  It is exactly this kind of thinking that leads to less independence.  If you want more independence, you should use any tools which are available.  First of all, you don't have to switch to Firefox.  You can just install an older portable version to use with WebVisum.  Who knows, you might decide that you like Firefox after all, but even if not, you can just continue to use IE and switch to Firefox only when you need to solve captchas with WebVisum.  Installing a second browser will not prevent you from continuing to use your preferred browser.

Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 11:10 PM

Thanks Michael,

The worst part of being blind, in my experience, is the loss of independence.  I guess that I’ll have to give in on this one and call my wife in.

Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Boyd
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 10:43 PM

Hi Jeff,

Michael

Thanks,

Jeff

Sadam Ahmed <lists@...>

I've  installed Rumola.

How do I start using it to pass captias?

On 12/09/2017 1:16 PM, Carlos wrote:

It doesn't matter that WebVisum doesn't work with newer versions of Firefox.  You can use it with an older portable version such as 52 and only run it when you need to solve captchas.  And there are less expensive alternatives than Captcha Be Gone that work with other browsers such as Rumola.

Hi Jeff,

Michael

Thanks,

Jeff

Carlos

I am copying and pasting from one of my older replies so the following may contain some information you are already aware of.

1. Go to the main Rumola website here
http://skipinput.com/

2. Highlight the link labeled
.. RUMOLA ....
with the Tab key (not the Arrow keys). It is important to use the Tab key since the Arrow keys may or may not properly highlight the link.

3. After you have highlighted the link with the Tab key, press the Applications key and choose
"Add to favorites..."
from the context menu.

4. In the
"Create in"
combo box, select
"Favorites Bar".

Once you have added Rumola to the Favorites Bar, you can select it from the
Favorites Bar directly or from the
"Favorites"
menu.  The simplest method is probably to press Alt A to activate the
"Favorites"
menu and then select it from the
"Favorites Bar"
submenu.  It will tell you that you have no credits and offer to take you to
a page on the Rumola website where you can purchase credits. After the purchase
is complete, an account is automatically created for you and you will
receive a confirmation Email containing login information. However, the
account information is not required to use your credits. You can immediately
start using Rumola. The login information consists of the Email you provided
during the purchase and a password which is also automatically generated.
The account only seems to be needed if you are using the extension in one of
the supported browsers or want to check the number of credits you have left.
Note that you cannot change the account password yourself. If you lose it
you can request that a new one be sent to your Email address. If you test
Rumola on a page which has no captcha, you will receive a message stating
that a captcha was not found on this page. If a captcha is found, then it
will be silently filled in so you have to check the results since there is
no alert of any kind.

Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 11:34 PM

I've  installed Rumola.

Hi Jeff,

Michael

Thanks,

Jeff

Gene

Webvisum will solve many captchas but it won't solve the I'm not a robot captchas.  Also, you have to use Webvisum with firefox, not the current version but version 52 or older.  If you already use Firefox, you can get a portable version to use just for sites where you want to solve captchas, and you can use the version of firefox that you already have, which of course, will remain current through updates for other browsing. 

And if you don't use firefox, you can get either the portable or installed version of 52 or older and use it just on sites you want to use Webvisum with.  You should use 52.x since that is the most current version that works with Webvisum.

Gene

Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 8:30 PM

Webvisum

Is there a program to help with these buggers?  Even with the
auditory
version,  the speech is poor and even if I could hear it, my
memory fils me

Thanks,

Jeff

Sadam Ahmed <lists@...>

Thanks for that.

I have tried this and it doesn't seem to work.

On my  laptop no issues.

On 12/09/2017 1:38 PM, Carlos wrote:

I am copying and pasting from one of my older replies so the following may contain some information you are already aware of.

.. RUMOLA ....
with the Tab key (not the Arrow keys). It is important to use the Tab key since the Arrow keys may or may not properly highlight the link.

3. After you have highlighted the link with the Tab key, press the Applications key and choose
"Add to favorites..."
from the context menu.

4. In the
"Create in"
combo box, select
"Favorites Bar".

"Favorites"
"Favorites"
"Favorites Bar"
no alert of any kind.

I've  installed Rumola.

Hi Jeff,

Michael

Thanks,

Jeff

Carlos

I'm not sure why.  It works for me.

Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 1:58 AM

Thanks for that.

I have tried this and it doesn't seem to work.

On my  laptop no issues.

On 12/09/2017 1:38 PM, Carlos wrote:

.. RUMOLA ....

"Add to favorites..."
from the context menu.

4. In the
"Create in"
combo box, select
"Favorites Bar".

"Favorites"
"Favorites"
"Favorites Bar"
no alert of any kind.

I've  installed Rumola.

Hi Jeff,

Michael

Thanks,

Jeff

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

Does Rumola work only with IE?
Marie

Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 8:16 PM

It doesn't matter that WebVisum doesn't work with newer versions of Firefox.  You can use it with an older portable version such as 52 and only run it when you need to solve captchas.  And there are less expensive alternatives than Captcha Be Gone that work with other browsers such as Rumola.

Hi Jeff,

Michael

Thanks,

Jeff

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Carlos

No.  They have add-ons for Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.  The bookmarklet works with IE and should work with browsers on other platforms.

Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:42 AM

Does Rumola work only with IE?
Marie

Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 8:16 PM

It doesn't matter that WebVisum doesn't work with newer versions of Firefox.  You can use it with an older portable version such as 52 and only run it when you need to solve captchas.  And there are less expensive alternatives than Captcha Be Gone that work with other browsers such as Rumola.

Hi Jeff,

Michael

Thanks,

Jeff

Virus-free. www.avast.com