From: "Rob Hudson" <rob_hudson_3182@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 9:02 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Further to my Esata Issue

Rob Hudson <rob_hudson_3182@...> wrote:
While esata is plugged in, no matter what button I press on the enclosure, nothing seems to happen. No feeling of air from the fans. No drives whirring.
I should also add that, for esata interface on the computer, I have
RocketRAID 622 SATA Controller
The driver is installed and, according to device manager, working properly.

Carlos

For the record, these are the last set of eSATA cables I purchased which seem to have good connectivity.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V6QA282/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not sure. Check your eSATA cables. I have discovered over the years that the eSATA connection in general can suffer from poor connectivity and some cables just connect better than others.

Rob Hudson <rob_hudson_3182@...>

Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:
For the record, these are the last set of eSATA cables I purchased which
seem to have good connectivity.

Further research indicates I need to determine if the card I am using supports port multiplying. Where in windows can I go to find that out? I was told this card does, but apparently, you have to turn on the feature, somehow.

Carlos

I don't know of anywhere in Windows where this information is displayed. You may have to look up your motherboard's/chipset's specs to see if port multiplying is supported.