From: "Sharon Hooley" <shooley42@gmail.com>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 10:30 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Intro and Modem Question

Hi,

I’m Sharon Hooley. I don’t remember posting here before, but I see that it’s got a good amount of traffic. Thanks to those who keep it running!

Anyway, is there such a thing as a USB cable for wireless modems? I’ve used the phone jack on laptops before, but my Mac doesn’t have that kind of setup. I’d like to get the most out of my 12 BPM data.

Thanks,

Carlos

Note that my previous reply was not based on personal testing so you might want to either wait for other replies or do more research before wasting money on an adapter which might or might not work.

I saw your message, but I don't really have a good answer for your question. What kind of connections does the wireless modem have available? You said you have used the phone jack on laptops before. For the record, although they look similar, most laptops have an ethernet/network port, not a phone jack. That being the case, you might be able to use an adapter such as the following.
https://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Ethernet-Chromebook-Ultrabook-USB3GIG/dp/B00LIW8TBG
I’m Sharon Hooley. I don’t remember posting here before, but I see that it’s got a good amount of traffic. Thanks to those who keep it running!

Anyway, is there such a thing as a USB cable for wireless modems? I’ve used the phone jack on laptops before, but my Mac doesn’t have that kind of setup. I’d like to get the most out of my 12 BPM data.

Thanks,

Michael Boyd <mike122061@...>

Why don't you call the Apple Accessibility support group on this, 877-204-3930. I have not used a Mac in many years, so I am unfamiliar with the configurations of the data ports on them. I do know that Firewire is available and there is another port on most Macs that is like an advanced version of the USB, but I don't remember the name of it.

Michael