How to find and get rid of....

Sugar

Hi when I ran my malware bite program
I found this
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\GeekBuddyRSP (PUP.Optional.GeekBuddy) -> No action taken.

How do I get rid of this and where can I find it?
I removed it but this one things keeps popping up every time I run malware bites.

Using:
Windows 7, 64
Del desk top
Office/outlook 2010
Jaws 14

night.
-Sugar
Your Support is appreciated:

See if this 3explanation helps you determine if you want to get rid of it and if it is the legitimate version of the file.

I don't know how you instruct Malware bytes to quaranteen or remove something.  When you say you remove it, are you saying you have Malware Bytes remove it or do you remove it in some other way?

Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:34 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] How to find and get rid of....

Hi when I ran my malware bite program
I found this
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\GeekBuddyRSP (PUP.Optional.GeekBuddy) -> No action taken.

How do I get rid of this and where can I find it?
I removed it but this one things keeps popping up every time I run malware bites.

Using:
Windows 7, 64
Del desk top
Office/outlook 2010
Jaws 14

night.
-Sugar
Your Support is appreciated:

Sugar

When it has been removed it’s because malware bites has found it and asked me if I want to remove it.

I say yes and poof it’s gone

Until the next time I run it

Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:34 PM

Hi when I ran my malware bite program
I found this
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\GeekBuddyRSP (PUP.Optional.GeekBuddy) -> No action taken.

How do I get rid of this and where can I find it?
I removed it but this one things keeps popping up every time I run malware bites.

Using:
Windows 7, 64
Del desk top
Office/outlook 2010
Jaws 14

night.
-Sugar
Your Support is appreciated:

It needed to be clarified because you said no action taken.  So we needed to know how it was removed.

do you use or have you ever used the legitimate operation being discussed?

[...]

That’s the thing, I never had it before and now it’s showing up when I sscan my computer using malware bites

Malware bites shows it and then it will ask if I want to remove it.

I say yes and it removes it on it’s own

Since I am not sure if I need it or not since it was not there in the past, I really don’t want something I don’t know what it is or have used in the past.

So my question is how can I remove it from my system if I don’t know where to start to look for it?

Thanks

sugar

Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:34 PM

Hi when I ran my malware bite program
I found this
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\GeekBuddyRSP (PUP.Optional.GeekBuddy) -> No action taken.

How do I get rid of this and where can I find it?
I removed it but this one things keeps popping up every time I run malware bites.

Using:
Windows 7, 64
Del desk top
Office/outlook 2010
Jaws 14

night.
-Sugar
Your Support is appreciated:

Sugar

Yes, sorry

After I run Malware bites it will say” Malware is finish scanning”

Then it will say “click here to remove items found”

So I tab to the log and that is where I found it

Then once I close that log page Malware bites will ask click here to remove selected items”

So I tab to yes and then it says “selected items has been successfully removed” then I tab to excit

Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:34 PM

Hi when I ran my malware bite program
I found this
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\GeekBuddyRSP (PUP.Optional.GeekBuddy) -> No action taken.

How do I get rid of this and where can I find it?
I removed it but this one things keeps popping up every time I run malware bites.

Using:
Windows 7, 64
Del desk top
Office/outlook 2010
Jaws 14

night.
-Sugar
Your Support is appreciated:

But you didn't do anything to select the item.  Assuming that you must select items, the first question is how to select items.  I don't use Malware Bytes enough to be sure of this, but my impression from discussions I've seen before is that you must select items.  So that's the first question.  How do you see items and select them in the program.  also, since this may vary from version to version, what version are you running?

[...]

I did select the item by pressing the space bar because malware will let me know all that was found

Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:34 PM

Hi when I ran my malware bite program
I found this
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\GeekBuddyRSP (PUP.Optional.GeekBuddy) -> No action taken.

How do I get rid of this and where can I find it?
I removed it but this one things keeps popping up every time I run malware bites.

Using:
Windows 7, 64
Del desk top
Office/outlook 2010
Jaws 14

night.
-Sugar
Your Support is appreciated:

I don't recall that method working in Malware bytes.  But others who use the program regularly will, I am confident comment.

Gene

[...]

Thanks, it’s ok it’s gone now so we will move on

Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:34 PM

Hi when I ran my malware bite program
I found this
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\GeekBuddyRSP (PUP.Optional.GeekBuddy) -> No action taken.

How do I get rid of this and where can I find it?
I removed it but this one things keeps popping up every time I run malware bites.

Using:
Windows 7, 64
Del desk top
Office/outlook 2010
Jaws 14

night.
-Sugar
Your Support is appreciated:

Carlos

I do recall that working in Malwarebytes, but the control for selecting items has a table style interface with rows and columns which might not be obvious to those who don't have experience with newer versions.