The end of my shiny Android saga.

Carolyn Arnold

We went to get the phone. At first, we could not get Voice
Assist; so I had her download Talkback, having problem
getting Speech to Text to stay in, might have to go back,
had hard time getting it in first place, but the lady who
waited on us was Spanish speaking, and could read from the
User Manual, which was only in Chinese and Spanish. Isn't it
just always something, but no speech, no phone for me. All
smart phones are supposed to have that capability, and she
had it at the store, but not here. Jim tried. We'll see how
it goes after lunch.

We went back to Cricket a second time, and she got the
speech going, showed Jim how. It kept going down at home.
While he napped I did some calling, Samsung and LG. LG is
the type phone I had with Verizon, plus I got us closed with
Verizon. So, Jim got it talking. We went back to Cricket,
because the man from LG assured me that the LG Tru that
Cricket had was accessible. We went; it was. By the time we
got there, speech was off again on the smart phone. I paid
$30, and the plan for a flip phone for unlimited talk and
text is $25, so will pay for the phone in six months savings
on the plan I had. Tax is included in their price if you opt
for them to draw it from your card. It operates differently
from the LG that I had, but already, I have found that it
does stuff the other one did not. All in all, although
pretty stressed over the day and poor Jim too, but I am very
happy. Nice little phone, and the case she had given me for
the other phone will hold this phone, plus I put my key
thing through it. I have one of those that just opens, and I
can take the ring off. So now they are together, makes it
really good there.

The one really big thing that this phone does that the other
LG did not is that when I come to a contact, say John Smith,
it will read John Smith, 919-000000000000 whatever the
number is. It has a tiny round button on it, you can press
it, and TTS is off; let a sightie use it. Take it back,
press it, boom, it says TTS is on.

Best from,

Carolyn

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Carolyn, Which LG did you say this was? Does it make adding contacts easy? Can you get the battery status? Does it tell you who texts are from when you go to the inbox?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Carolyn Arnold

It is the LG Tru. I haven't figured out how to make it say
battery status, but when the battery is low, it says
"battery low," and when you connect it beeps four times,
when the battery is out of the low, low range.

The guy at LG told me, "it reads menus." I remember Gene
pointing out that aspect. It does a thorough job of it, even
will tell me, like if you were in my list, Ann Parks,
102/138. I currently have 138 contacts. I haven't had it 24
hours yet and already am doing lots of stuff with the thing.
Jim said that phone was made for blind people. It's just
that we can do stuff with things that are accessible; that
is the difference.

Best from,

Carolyn

Carolyn, Which LG did you say this was? Does it make adding
contacts
easy? Can you get the battery status? Does it tell you
who texts are
from when you go to the inbox?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
** New EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Monte Single

Have you tried ;

"check battery'

Carolyn, Which LG did you say this was? Does it make adding contacts
easy? Can you get the battery status? Does it tell you
who texts are
from when you go to the inbox?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
** New EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gary Greico

Does it have buttons?

On 24-Sep-17 3:04 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
[...]

Sorry, Ann Parson for getting your last name wrong.

I am having some trouble figuring out exactly how to do
texts and put in new contacts. My husband says I want to do
it all in a day, well, why not? I have deleted some contacts
and put in a few speed dials. I like them better than
favorites, but memory is something that has come easily for
me, so whatever works for someone.

Best from,

Carolyn

Carolyn, Which LG did you say this was? Does it make adding
contacts
easy? Can you get the battery status? Does it tell you
who texts are
from when you go to the inbox?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
** New EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Carolyn Arnold

The Voice Command is in Tools. I can try to go there and get
it, but it appears from what it did this afternoon, that it
pretty much rreads contacts to make calls. I thought it
might send a message like Siri, but I'm pretty sure it only
does the contacts, and it is having to adjust to my voice,
but finally got one right and called. I just wanted to see
if I could make it do it.

I am trying to figure how to make it save a new contact. My
husband says I want to do it all in a day. I say why not? He
is a one who can take things slow, says we do a better job
one thing at a time.

Best from,

Carolyn

Carolyn, Which LG did you say this was? Does it make adding
contacts
easy? Can you get the battery status? Does it tell you
who texts are
from when you go to the inbox?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
** New EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Carolyn Arnold

Yes. It has buttons -

Left side has select
Camera
Messages

Right
Send
Clear
And forgot what next was, will have to try it, see what it does.

There then is Send on the left and End/Power on the right; nothing between.

Then there is the 12-key standard phone keypad. I may have some growing pains with the thing, but definitely worth $30.00.

Best from,

Carolyn

Carolyn, Which LG did you say this was? Does it make adding contacts
easy? Can you get the battery status? Does it tell you
who texts are
from when you go to the inbox?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
** New EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gary Greico

when is it the end anyway?

On 24-Sep-17 7:19 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
[...]

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

I must have missed some messages in this thread. Did you decide not to keep the Samsun folder 2?

web site:  http://www.portaltutoring.info
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Carolyn Arnold

I had to return the Samsung Folder 2, because, first of all, there was no Voice Assist. So I got the lady at Cricket to download TalkBack. She could load it, it would be there, but then it would just disappear. My husband could get it back, then it would go away. Before we took it back, and I exchanged it, he had it going, when we left the apartment. By the time we got to the Cricket store, ten minutes away, with nothing done on the phone, there was no speech at all.

It was such a pretty phone, and I did have hopes. Well, life goes on, and I got an inexpensive phone plan.

Best from,

Carolyn