From: Keith S
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2017 8:02 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] question about installing free windows 10

Hi, planning on downloading and installing windows 10 to update my 8.1 computer.

question:

Can I use a USB keyboard to setup the windows 10 OS on a laptop, or do I have to use the laptop's built in keyboard?  I have really bad neropathy in my hands and can use a USB keyboard with the raised keys, while not being able to differentiate between keys on the laptaop's keys.  If I have to use the laptop's built in keyboard, I'm going to have to find  sighted assistance with upgrading the OS, and that's going to be an issue due to the screen (my wife tells me) looks like someone spilled liquid into the screen.

Thanks for any help/info

Keith

Keith S

thanks carlos.  'ppreciate it.

Hi, planning on downloading and installing windows 10 to update my 8.1 computer.

question:

Can I use a USB keyboard to setup the windows 10 OS on a laptop, or do I have to use the laptop's built in keyboard?  I have really bad neropathy in my hands and can use a USB keyboard with the raised keys, while not being able to differentiate between keys on the laptaop's keys.  If I have to use the laptop's built in keyboard, I'm going to have to find  sighted assistance with upgrading the OS, and that's going to be an issue due to the screen (my wife tells me) looks like someone spilled liquid into the screen.

Thanks for any help/info

Keith

Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>

Hi,

As for when to install it, I advise waiting until later in October, as by then Fall Creators Update would have been out in the wild for some time.

Cheers,

Joseph