accessible air fryer

Mike Thomas

Hello all,  I'm planning on purchasing an air fryer.  Can anyone offer information on their experiences with one and the accessibility of the different units?  How about the size, and any pertinent information.  All responses are greatly appreciated.
Mike

Dave

Hi Mike,

I bought one, about 6 months ago, and never thought about it having a
Touch Screen. But, I open the Box and pull the unit out and it has one
of those Blasted Touch Screens!

Was curious to see how good the food would be, so had my wife help with
the first Test Run of this new machine.

Cooked up some Fries, and found the results were less than expected.

One of the Units Advertising High Points was that the food would not be
Deep Fried in Oil. However, with this machine, I need to Spray a light
covering of oil over everything before it cooks.

Turn it on, and the machine makes noise, but not too bad. It cooks in a
reasonable amount of time. Pull out the Cooking pot, and the Taste test
was a bit disappointing. The Fries were too hard, or tough. They were
OK, but reminded me of Fries that have spent a bit too long under the
Heat Lamp at the Fast Food place.

Did another test a few days later, with the same results.

Hopefully, your milage will be much better than mine.

Perhaps using less time may give better results.

I still want to try other foods than fries, but have yet to do it. Have
lost my interest in the idea of Cooking by Air.

And then needing to spray a light layer of oil over what gets cooked is
not what I was expecting either.

If I had it to do over again, I would not buy this unit.

If I had to buy one, I would buy the next size up, as this one doesn't
cook all that much. Even for one guy, it still is not enough room to
cook more than one or two items.

But, don't let my experience sway you. But, if you can, find someone in
yr area and do a Taste Test for yourself. I wish I would hve done so.

I may try something like Tater Tots as they are larger, and may not get
so firm.

Cleaning was easy enough. Although, I was thinking of cooking Fish, and
wonder if the Fish Smell would be inside the entire machine, lasting for
months. I don't mind the Fish smell, but my Wife, who has the nose of a
Blood Hound, would probably demand I keep the unit in the out door yard
shed.
After being disappointed with the size of the machine, and the results,
I didn't bother to ask my wife to explain the Touch Screen.

Sorry to give a Downer Report, but these were my experiences. Someone
else may love the results.

-- Grumpy Dave

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

Had a similar experience. Bought one at Kohls on sale and it had a touch screen, but I knew my wife could use it but the food was not good. I had rather oven fry, turns out much better.

[...]

mcLeod stinnett

--
From Mack having read a lot of reviews, I came to the conclusion, it's no better than a convection oven, just another bulky appliance to take up space. I do not recommend.

Kay Malmquist

I have a Philips and it was not accessible because it has a touch screen.
We had dots put on just below the bottom buttons and just above the top
ones. We have figured out how to use it and have checked out a lot of
recipes on you tube and had the book that came with it Brailed. You need to
play around with it a bit but it does work. We have done pork steaks and
quite a bit of things in it. Some were better than others. As for
accessible, I have checked with a few manufacturers and really have not
found anything out of the box. But they can work if you want them to.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@gmail.com