WiFi With a Cellular Data Provider?

Sharon Hooley

Hi,

Is it possible to get high-speed WiFi with a cellular provider like TMobile that’s comparable to a plan with an internet provider?

Thanks,

Allen West

On 11/18/17, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to get high-speed WiFi with a cellular provider like TMobile
that’s comparable to a plan with an internet provider?

Thanks,

T-Mobile does have hot spots. I don't think that they would be as good
as having Wi-Fi in your home.

Allen

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi Sharon, the on as long as you have good service where you are, the personal hotspot will work just about as good as a cable connection. Especially whenever it comes to using your iPhone as a personal hotspot for a computer. But I had trouble connecting to other devices such as Alexa to this particular device. I know that it can be done, but I have not been successful at doing so. If you did you happen to use your iPhone with a Sonos product, you won't need to have a Cable connection so I was only making this recommendation only for your laptop usage only. I hope this helps.
Joseph Hudson

Email
jhud7789@gmail.com
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89
facebook
Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

FaceTime/iMessage
jhud7789@yahoo.com

On Nov 18, 2017, at 8:18 PM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to get high-speed WiFi with a cellular provider like TMobile that’s comparable to a plan with an internet provider?

Thanks,

George Martinez Sr <GA.Martinez@...>

I have a friend with AT&T that has a hot spot and gets over 100mb on it. Also, when I go for kauphy with my youngest son and we are in a rare place without wifi I can connect to the internet through his hot spot. Very cool.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results.
George a Martinez CPA, PC
12231 N 50th Avenue
Glendale, Arizona 85304-2215
Voice 602.368.8854 FAX 206-666-2589
Email GA.Martinez@cox.net

[...]

Okay, however, the most important reason that i want high speed for my laptop is not only to listen to streaming without interruptions, but also to be able to download files, some of which are large. Right now I’m supposed to have 12 BPM on a wireless connection.

Thanks again,

On Nov 19, 2017, at 7:07 AM, George Martinez Sr <GA.Martinez@cox.net> wrote:

[...]

Carolyn Arnold

As I understood it, the question was could a provider like T-Mobile provide Wi-Fi service like a land line or cable service can? That would be interesting to know, but I would guess not, otherwise, you could have Wi-Fi everywhere you went and would not need a data plan.

Best from,

Carolyn

Is it possible to get high-speed WiFi with a cellular provider like
TMobile that’s comparable to a plan with an internet provider?

Thanks,

T-Mobile does have hot spots. I don't think that they would be as good as having Wi-Fi in your home.

Allen

Carolyn Arnold

That is interesting about a hot spot, and if one had that, one would want a plan with unlimited data.

Best from,

Carolyn

[...]

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

The main things to keep in mind when you are wishing to connect to a carrier's hotspot for internet are, how good is the coverage in the areas you'll be using it in and what, if any, restrictions/limitations do you have on data usage for the plan. When it comes to a carrier that you're unfamiliar with, I'd say to try it out and see how well the data works in your area, what types of speeds do you get on uploads/downloads, etc. :)

As has already been mentioned here, in at least the messages I've read so far, t-mobile seems to have some pretty good deals on the amounts of data you get per month for their price. I personally don't think I'd use them though, as the coverage in my area wouldn't really make it worth the cost. If I were to want a hotspot, I think I'd much rather go with AT&T, but then I know their coverage for both voice and data are much better here, but they have some pretty crappy limitations on data usage per month that would make my current uses kick over that monthly limit. This is where you'd need to sorta figure out how much data you use per month and then figure out if it falls within the amount you are given each month. If it's things like checking emails, listening to a few streams here and there, 10-15 gigabytes a month might be pretty good, but then with all the other sweet things we do these days on the interwebs, netflix/hulu, youtube, downloading large files such as with steam, that data per month can get gobbled right up. lol
Take care.