Topics

accessible kindle

john s

It is Kindle, K i n d l e.

At 10:37 AM 11/29/2019, Monte Single, wrote:
Thanks for this.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Dave
Sent: November-29-19 9:17 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] accessible kindle

Hello,

I do use the App for Kendal PC, and I find it to be a bit Flaky, but still
usable.

As for the Scrolling Speeds, can't help you with that question. I use Scroll
to end, at times, but mostly I read line by line, more because of the nature
of the Books I am reading.

One thing to warn you about, most books I have bought, and I've bought about
25 so far. Most will read fine with the Voice of your Screen Reader.
However, I've bought about 4 or 5 Books that will not use the Screen Reader
voice, but some voice that Kendal uses, which is much less understandable.
It works, and since it is your only voice choice, you will make it work.

You may wish to call the Amazon handicap Desk to see if there is any
Notations added to the Books descriptions on the Amazon Web site to know if
the book will read with the Screen Reader Voice, or with the Kendal voice.

I've been using the Kendal PC for about a year now, and for what it does,
it works. Could it be more Polished, Yes, it could be. Will out be? So
far, that hasn't happened. But, it is Free and it does allow you to have
access to most books.

And others experiences might be better than mine, or worse.

As for a Link to the Download, Sorry, But, you can do to the Amaozon.com web
site and look for Kendal PC, you should find it.

Grumpy Dave

John

Monte Single

Thanks for this.

[...]

Hi List,

I would like to try the accessible kindle for p c app.

Has anyone experienced this app?

Do have a download link for it?

Can the reading speed be adjusted?

Thanks,