From: Joe Orozco
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 12:48 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Obtaining Accessible Firefox

Hi, where can I find an accessible portable version of Firefox? I’m
assuming with such a portable version, I can import a profile that
could include my old Webvisum and other add-ons? Thank you kindly in
advance, and please forgive me if the information has already been
shared.--Joe

Blaster

Here's the link to the downloadable versions of Firefox:
https://mozilla-firefox-portable.en.uptodown.com/windows/old

Blaster

I don't know anything about importing profiles. In general, if you can do
something in the installed version, you can do it in the portable version.

Hi, where can I find an accessible portable version of Firefox? I’m
assuming with such a portable version, I can import a profile that
could include my old Webvisum and other add-ons? Thank you kindly in
advance, and please forgive me if the information has already been
shared.--Joe

Joe Orozco

Hi, to confirm, version 55 is the last accessible version, correct?--Joe

On 11/24/17, Blaster <blaster.nil8@gmail.com> wrote:
Here's the link to the downloadable versions of Firefox:
https://mozilla-firefox-portable.en.uptodown.com/windows/old

Blaster

I don't know anything about importing profiles. In general, if you can
do
something in the installed version, you can do it in the portable
version.

Hi, where can I find an accessible portable version of Firefox? I’m
assuming with such a portable version, I can import a profile that
could include my old Webvisum and other add-ons? Thank you kindly in
advance, and please forgive me if the information has already been
shared.--Joe

Gene

Version 56 is the last of the old versions.  But saying it's the last accessible version, thus implying that version 57 isn't is a real oversimplification and is misleading.  Some people have had serious problems with version 57 and some haven't.  Mozilla has said that they are working on making future versions of Firefox work without the problems in version 57.  Also, people shouldn't be looking for the last accessible version.  they should be running the ESR (extended release version) during this time that Firefox is having problems in the current version or versions.

On 11/24/17, Blaster <blaster.nil8@...> wrote:
> Here's the link to the downloadable versions of Firefox:
> https://mozilla-firefox-portable.en.uptodown.com/windows/old
>
> Blaster
>

> On 11/24/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
>> I don't know anything about importing profiles.  In general, if you can
>> do
>> something in the installed version, you can do it in the portable
>> version.

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

How and where can I get this ESR version? I am having multiple issues with 57. I was loving 56 and planning to make it my default browser. I had the setting to notify me of update but not to install unless I chose that option. However It went right ahead and updated and what a  headache. probably part my own fault since I am still a novice FF user.

Version 56 is the last of the old versions.  But saying it's the last accessible version, thus implying that version 57 isn't is a real oversimplification and is misleading.  Some people have had serious problems with version 57 and some haven't.  Mozilla has said that they are working on making future versions of Firefox work without the problems in version 57.  Also, people shouldn't be looking for the last accessible version.  they should be running the ESR (extended release version) during this time that Firefox is having problems in the current version or versions.

Hi, to confirm, version 55 is the last accessible version, correct?--Joe

On 11/24/17, Blaster <blaster.nil8@...> wrote:
> Here's the link to the downloadable versions of Firefox:
> https://mozilla-firefox-portable.en.uptodown.com/windows/old
>
> Blaster
>

> On 11/24/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
>> I don't know anything about importing profiles.  In general, if you can
>> do
>> something in the installed version, you can do it in the portable
>> version.

Gene

Here is a Mozilla site giving information about the ESR version.  A download link is on the page.  Above the link there is a question that is worded something like :Where can I download the ESR version?"  I haven't specified a direct download link because There are different English versions such as a Brittish english and an American English one.
Gene

How and where can I get this ESR version? I am having multiple issues with 57. I was loving 56 and planning to make it my default browser. I had the setting to notify me of update but not to install unless I chose that option. However It went right ahead and updated and what a  headache. probably part my own fault since I am still a novice FF user.

Version 56 is the last of the old versions.  But saying it's the last accessible version, thus implying that version 57 isn't is a real oversimplification and is misleading.  Some people have had serious problems with version 57 and some haven't.  Mozilla has said that they are working on making future versions of Firefox work without the problems in version 57.  Also, people shouldn't be looking for the last accessible version.  they should be running the ESR (extended release version) during this time that Firefox is having problems in the current version or versions.

Hi, to confirm, version 55 is the last accessible version, correct?--Joe

On 11/24/17, Blaster <blaster.nil8@...> wrote:
> Here's the link to the downloadable versions of Firefox:
> https://mozilla-firefox-portable.en.uptodown.com/windows/old
>
> Blaster
>

> On 11/24/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
>> I don't know anything about importing profiles.  In general, if you can
>> do
>> something in the installed version, you can do it in the portable
>> version.

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

downloaded and installed the English version of the F.F. ESR and still having problems on my laptop running Windows 8.1 and Jaws 2018. Is there a site where I an get the version 56 which worked great for me?
Thanks

Here is a Mozilla site giving information about the ESR version.  A download link is on the page.  Above the link there is a question that is worded something like :Where can I download the ESR version?"  I haven't specified a direct download link because There are different English versions such as a Brittish english and an American English one.
Gene

How and where can I get this ESR version? I am having multiple issues with 57. I was loving 56 and planning to make it my default browser. I had the setting to notify me of update but not to install unless I chose that option. However It went right ahead and updated and what a  headache. probably part my own fault since I am still a novice FF user.

Version 56 is the last of the old versions.  But saying it's the last accessible version, thus implying that version 57 isn't is a real oversimplification and is misleading.  Some people have had serious problems with version 57 and some haven't.  Mozilla has said that they are working on making future versions of Firefox work without the problems in version 57.  Also, people shouldn't be looking for the last accessible version.  they should be running the ESR (extended release version) during this time that Firefox is having problems in the current version or versions.

Hi, to confirm, version 55 is the last accessible version, correct?--Joe

On 11/24/17, Blaster <blaster.nil8@...> wrote:
> Here's the link to the downloadable versions of Firefox:
> https://mozilla-firefox-portable.en.uptodown.com/windows/old
>
> Blaster
>

> On 11/24/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
>> I don't know anything about importing profiles.  In general, if you can
>> do
>> something in the installed version, you can do it in the portable
>> version.

Gene

There is a Mozilla page, perhaps more than one, where you can get old versions.
Here is a page for Firefox 56.  I don't know what -eme free means.  The Windows versions come in pairs, one says -eme free and the other just says the version.  They are both links.  There are 32 and 64 bit versions.

Gene

----- Original Message -----From: Marie
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2017 10:08 AM

downloaded and installed the English version of the F.F. ESR and still having problems on my laptop running Windows 8.1 and Jaws 2018. Is there a site where I an get the version 56 which worked great for me?
Thanks

Here is a Mozilla site giving information about the ESR version.  A download link is on the page.  Above the link there is a question that is worded something like :Where can I download the ESR version?"  I haven't specified a direct download link because There are different English versions such as a Brittish english and an American English one.
Gene

How and where can I get this ESR version? I am having multiple issues with 57. I was loving 56 and planning to make it my default browser. I had the setting to notify me of update but not to install unless I chose that option. However It went right ahead and updated and what a  headache. probably part my own fault since I am still a novice FF user.

Version 56 is the last of the old versions.  But saying it's the last accessible version, thus implying that version 57 isn't is a real oversimplification and is misleading.  Some people have had serious problems with version 57 and some haven't.  Mozilla has said that they are working on making future versions of Firefox work without the problems in version 57.  Also, people shouldn't be looking for the last accessible version.  they should be running the ESR (extended release version) during this time that Firefox is having problems in the current version or versions.

Hi, to confirm, version 55 is the last accessible version, correct?--Joe

On 11/24/17, Blaster <blaster.nil8@...> wrote:
> Here's the link to the downloadable versions of Firefox:
> https://mozilla-firefox-portable.en.uptodown.com/windows/old
>
> Blaster
>

> On 11/24/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
>> I don't know anything about importing profiles.  In general, if you can
>> do
>> something in the installed version, you can do it in the portable
>> version.

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

Thanks so much as always.
Marie

Sent: Friday, December 01, 2017 10:08 AM

downloaded and installed the English version of the F.F. ESR and still having problems on my laptop running Windows 8.1 and Jaws 2018. Is there a site where I an get the version 56 which worked great for me?
Thanks

Here is a Mozilla site giving information about the ESR version.  A download link is on the page.  Above the link there is a question that is worded something like :Where can I download the ESR version?"  I haven't specified a direct download link because There are different English versions such as a Brittish english and an American English one.
Gene

How and where can I get this ESR version? I am having multiple issues with 57. I was loving 56 and planning to make it my default browser. I had the setting to notify me of update but not to install unless I chose that option. However It went right ahead and updated and what a  headache. probably part my own fault since I am still a novice FF user.

Version 56 is the last of the old versions.  But saying it's the last accessible version, thus implying that version 57 isn't is a real oversimplification and is misleading.  Some people have had serious problems with version 57 and some haven't.  Mozilla has said that they are working on making future versions of Firefox work without the problems in version 57.  Also, people shouldn't be looking for the last accessible version.  they should be running the ESR (extended release version) during this time that Firefox is having problems in the current version or versions.

Hi, to confirm, version 55 is the last accessible version, correct?--Joe

On 11/24/17, Blaster <blaster.nil8@...> wrote:
> Here's the link to the downloadable versions of Firefox:
> https://mozilla-firefox-portable.en.uptodown.com/windows/old
>
> Blaster
>

> On 11/24/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
>> I don't know anything about importing profiles.  In general, if you can
>> do
>> something in the installed version, you can do it in the portable
>> version.

Joe Orozco

I'm looking for the last version that worked with WebVisum. Sorry, I
should have been clearer.--Joe

On 12/1/17, Marie <magpie.mn@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks so much as always.
Marie

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/56.0/

Gene

----- Original Message -----From: Marie

Here is a Mozilla site giving information about the ESR version. A download
link is on the page. Above the link there is a question that is worded
something like :Where can I download the ESR version?" I haven't specified
a direct download link because There are different English versions such as
a Brittish english and an American English one.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/
Gene

Hi, where can I find an accessible portable version of Firefox? I’m
assuming with such a portable version, I can import a profile that
could include my old Webvisum and other add-ons? Thank you kindly in
advance, and please forgive me if the information has already been
shared.--Joe

Victor

I wish that web this some work with Google Chrome. I like the Google Chrome browser much better because it’s so much faster than Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Victor

Sent from my iPhone