unpaid version outlook express 6

heather albright

Hello, I am trying to use outlook express six on my win ten machine!  It works great on my desktop but, not on my laptop! I have reinstalled three times on my laptop and I used revo uninstaller but, it keeps certain files because, my settings are not being deleted off the laptop!  The only problem is that it does not have a spell checker installed on the laptop!  My desktop has the spell checker when I install outlook express six! I am using an e-mail program without ribbons for now till I get my training in may! So is their a dictionary I should install for outlook express six or is their another version of outlook express six I should install!  I remember there were two different versions at one time!  Thanks for any help! Heather

Carlos

Hello Heather,
What version of Windows were you running on your desktop?  Outlook Express does not include a spellchecker by default and the version for Windows 7 and later can be flakey in general so I have stopped recommending it.  You may be better off using another client like Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird.  There is a version of Windows Live Mail without ribbons.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:16 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] unpaid version outlook express 6

Hello, I am trying to use outlook express six on my win ten machine!  It works great on my desktop but, not on my laptop! I have reinstalled three times on my laptop and I used revo uninstaller but, it keeps certain files because, my settings are not being deleted off the laptop!  The only problem is that it does not have a spell checker installed on the laptop!  My desktop has the spell checker when I install outlook express six! I am using an e-mail program without ribbons for now till I get my training in may! So is their a dictionary I should install for outlook express six or is their another version of outlook express six I should install!  I remember there were two different versions at one time!  Thanks for any help! Heather

heather albright

Which version of live mail does not have ribbons?  I used to have one 2009 but, my computer said it will not work with 10.  I have recently upgraded to ten so, that maybe my problem! Thanks, Heather

Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:29 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] unpaid version outlook express 6

Hello Heather,
What version of Windows were you running on your desktop?  Outlook Express does not include a spellchecker by default and the version for Windows 7 and later can be flakey in general so I have stopped recommending it.  You may be better off using another client like Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird.  There is a version of Windows Live Mail without ribbons.

Carlos

Yes, 2009.  Where did you hear that it won't run on 10?  I haven't personally tested it myself, but that sounds unlikely.

Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 8:37 PM

Which version of live mail does not have ribbons?  I used to have one 2009 but, my computer said it will not work with 10.  I have recently upgraded to ten so, that maybe my problem! Thanks, Heather

Hello Heather,

Troy Burnham

A friend of mine who was running OE in windows 7 had to switch to thunderbird when he went to windows 10.  I don't know what problems he was having with OE in win 10, he just let me know he had to switch because that was one of the things that I wanted to know before I decide if I'm going to upgrade to win 10 or not is whether or not I was going to be able to continue using OE.

Troy

Hello Heather,

This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
www.avast.com

Carlos

It works for me in 10, but I just don't recommend it unless you are confident in your ability to recover from it's potential flakiness.

Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 9:08 PM

A friend of mine who was running OE in windows 7 had to switch to thunderbird when he went to windows 10.  I don't know what problems he was having with OE in win 10, he just let me know he had to switch because that was one of the things that I wanted to know before I decide if I'm going to upgrade to win 10 or not is whether or not I was going to be able to continue using OE.

Troy

Hello Heather,

www.avast.com

Ron Canazzi

Hi Carlos,

I thought that by the time Windows ten came out that the website for the Outlook Express hack was requiring a payment. Did you pay for the Windows Ten update to the hack?

On 2/25/2016 9:16 PM, Carlos wrote:
It works for me in 10, but I just don't recommend it unless you are confident in your ability to recover from it's potential flakiness.
To: TechTalk@groups.io

A friend of mine who was running OE in windows 7 had to switch to thunderbird when he went to windows 10. I don't know what problems he was having with OE in win 10, he just let me know he had to switch because that was one of the things that I wanted to know before I decide if I'm going to upgrade to win 10 or not is whether or not I was going to be able to continue using OE.

Troy

Hello Heather,
What version of Windows were you running on your desktop? Outlook Express does not include a spellchecker by default and the version for Windows 7 and later can be flakey in general so I have stopped recommending it. You may be better off using another client like Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird. There is a version of Windows Live Mail without ribbons.

Hello, I am trying to use outlook express six on my win ten machine! It works great on my desktop but, not on my laptop! I have reinstalled three times on my laptop and I used revo uninstaller but, it keeps certain files because, my settings are not being deleted off the laptop! The only problem is that it does not have a spell checker installed on the laptop! My desktop has the spell checker when I install outlook express six! I am using an e-mail program without ribbons for now till I get my training in may! So is their a dictionary I should install for outlook express six or is their another version of outlook express six I should install! I remember there were two different versions at one time! Thanks for any help! Heather

www.avast.com

Carlos

Hi Ron,
LOL no, someone was nice enough to offer me a registration key.

To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 9:25 PM

Hi Carlos,

I thought that by the time Windows ten came out that the website for the Outlook Express hack was requiring a payment. Did you pay for the Windows Ten update to the hack?

A friend of mine who was running OE in windows 7 had to switch to thunderbird when he went to windows 10. I don't know what problems he was having with OE in win 10, he just let me know he had to switch because that was one of the things that I wanted to know before I decide if I'm going to upgrade to win 10 or not is whether or not I was going to be able to continue using OE.

Troy

Hello Heather,
What version of Windows were you running on your desktop? Outlook Express does not include a spellchecker by default and the version for Windows 7 and later can be flakey in general so I have stopped recommending it. You may be better off using another client like Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird. There is a version of Windows Live Mail without ribbons.

Hello, I am trying to use outlook express six on my win ten machine! It works great on my desktop but, not on my laptop! I have reinstalled three times on my laptop and I used revo uninstaller but, it keeps certain files because, my settings are not being deleted off the laptop! The only problem is that it does not have a spell checker installed on the laptop! My desktop has the spell checker when I install outlook express six! I am using an e-mail program without ribbons for now till I get my training in may! So is their a dictionary I should install for outlook express six or is their another version of outlook express six I should install! I remember there were two different versions at one time! Thanks for any help! Heather

www.avast.com

heather albright

Does the paid version of express work on ten? Or is it a hit and a miss.And where do you go to obtain it? Thanks, Heather

Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 8:32 PM

Hi Ron,

Hi Carlos,

Troy

Hello Heather,

www.avast.com

Carlos

Yes it works on 10, but as I said I no longer recommend it to most users. Outlook Express can be flakey in general. The mailbox files become easily corrupted and the JAWS scripts no longer work with JAWS 17. If you're still interested, you can find it here.
http://www.runasxp.com/forum-2.html
You will have to register on the forums to donate and there is a captcha which needs to be resolved as part of the registration.

Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 4:18 PM

Does the paid version of express work on ten? Or is it a hit and a miss.And where do you go to obtain it? Thanks, Heather
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 8:32 PM

Hi Ron,

Hi Carlos,

Troy

Hello Heather,

www.avast.com