Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:16 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] unpaid version outlook express 6

Hello, I am trying to use outlook express six on my win ten machine!  It works great on my desktop but, not on my laptop! I have reinstalled three times on my laptop and I used revo uninstaller but, it keeps certain files because, my settings are not being deleted off the laptop!  The only problem is that it does not have a spell checker installed on the laptop!  My desktop has the spell checker when I install outlook express six! I am using an e-mail program without ribbons for now till I get my training in may! So is their a dictionary I should install for outlook express six or is their another version of outlook express six I should install!  I remember there were two different versions at one time!  Thanks for any help! Heather

heather albright

Which version of live mail does not have ribbons?  I used to have one 2009 but, my computer said it will not work with 10.  I have recently upgraded to ten so, that maybe my problem! Thanks, Heather

What version of Windows were you running on your desktop?  Outlook Express does not include a spellchecker by default and the version for Windows 7 and later can be flakey in general so I have stopped recommending it.  You may be better off using another client like Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird.  There is a version of Windows Live Mail without ribbons.
Hello, I am trying to use outlook express six on my win ten machine!  It works great on my desktop but, not on my laptop! I have reinstalled three times on my laptop and I used revo uninstaller but, it keeps certain files because, my settings are not being deleted off the laptop!  The only problem is that it does not have a spell checker installed on the laptop!  My desktop has the spell checker when I install outlook express six! I am using an e-mail program without ribbons for now till I get my training in may! So is their a dictionary I should install for outlook express six or is their another version of outlook express six I should install!  I remember there were two different versions at one time!  Thanks for any help! Heather

Carlos

Yes, 2009.  Where did you hear that it won't run on 10?  I haven't personally tested it myself, but that sounds unlikely.

[...]

Troy Burnham

A friend of mine who was running OE in windows 7 had to switch to thunderbird when he went to windows 10.  I don't know what problems he was having with OE in win 10, he just let me know he had to switch because that was one of the things that I wanted to know before I decide if I'm going to upgrade to win 10 or not is whether or not I was going to be able to continue using OE.

Troy

[...]

It works for me in 10, but I just don't recommend it unless you are confident in your ability to recover from it's potential flakiness.

[...]

Ron Canazzi

Hi Carlos,

I thought that by the time Windows ten came out that the website for the Outlook Express hack was requiring a payment. Did you pay for the Windows Ten update to the hack?

On 2/25/2016 9:16 PM, Carlos wrote:
[...]

Hi Ron,
LOL no, someone was nice enough to offer me a registration key.

[...]

Does the paid version of express work on ten? Or is it a hit and a miss.And where do you go to obtain it? Thanks, Heather