From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Troy Burnham
Sent: November-26-17 7:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Question about convection ovens

Hi all,

I recently purchased a convection oven but I haven't used it yet and it's
the first oven I've had like this.

friend of mine has had a convection oven in the past that also had a
microwave oven but the one I bought is just convection. Does anybody know
of the oven I have can be used as a microwave, both to warm and cook food?
We live in Texas where the floods from the hurricane were back in August,
and we're getting ready to move back into the house soon after it was
damaged by the floods and had to be redone, and we also lost most of our
appliances and we're just wondering if we'll need to buy a new microwave
oven in addition to the convection oven we bought.

We use a microwave mostly to warm food, but I also will heat up frozen
dinners and other small things like frozen burritos.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Troy

Sent from my iPhone

Bob J

Troy,

I haven't investigated the whole world of convection ovens, but, I have a KitchenAid toaster oven that is also a convection oven.

My toaster oven is just a toaster oven with the option to run the fan to speed up the cooking process and, perhaps, to add some crispness to the food being prepared.

I suspect that your convection oven does not have a microwave generator, so, you probably will need to purchase one of those for faster heating of foods, frozen or not.

BTW, thermal ovens, such as toaster ovens and/or convection ovens, do a better job of preparing such foods as pizza and breaded fish; however, those ovens take much longer to accomplish their task.

hth,

Bob

[...]

Kay Malmquist

Yes, that is what I would tell you as well. I have a Dacor convection
Microwave and it specifically says that. So if you look at it there should
be no doubt as to what it is. I had a sharp one before this.
Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@gmail.com

I have a toaster, convection, standard oven all in one. It is not a
microwqave. If it is a microwave, convection combo, it will say on the box
it came in.

[...]

Mike Thomas

I would say both would be necessary in my particular case. Remember, the convection oven cooks food by circulating super-heated air around the item being cooked, while the microwave heats by energizing the water molecules in the food. The frozen dinner will probably take about 45 minutes in the convection oven and 5 minutes in the microwave. Some containers cannot be put in the convection oven, and some not in the microwave.
Mike

[...]

Thanks. I already know this isn't a combo oven so that answers my question.

Troy

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 26, 2017, at 7:40 PM, Monte Single <mrsingle@sasktel.net> wrote:

[...]

Monte Single

And some foods do not do so well in the microwave, pizza being a prime
example.

[...]

Pamela Dominguez

Oh yes! You can do pizza in the microwave if you want to eat a sponge. (smile) Pam.

[...]

---
http://www.avg.com