From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeremy
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 3:24 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] an article on internet security thought on this please?

I'd still want to read more about it, but it looks pretty cool. I've always used Google's DNS, for it's being easy to configure and use for all the devices on my network, but any extra security is always a good thing for sure.
Pretty neat though and thank you for sharing it.
Tc.

On 11/28/2017 12:50 PM, Dennis L wrote:

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

I am speaking more so of having the DNS entries sent out as part of the configurations from my router's DHCP server, as it takes care of setting which ever DNS I'd want to use for the devices that might be more difficult to access, something like the Chromecast or Apple TV, but you can manually set them too. I don't have the exact instructions on how to navigate through that silly Network and Sharing Center, but it's in the same set of preferences where you'd configure your computer to get an IP Address through DHCP or you can set a static one. I always have to poke around in the sharing center thing to find the option, but it's under adapter options where you can then press applications on the network adapter you wish to change the properties for and then select TCP/IP, version 4. Lol, these are probably the worse directions in the world, but it should get you in the right direction at least. :)
I'll write up something better, if you need more help with it though.
Take care.

On 11/28/2017 3:33 PM, Dennis L wrote:

How would I configure it I’m on windows7.

I'd still want to read more about it, but it looks pretty cool. I've always used Google's DNS, for it's being easy to configure and use for all the devices on my network, but any extra security is always a good thing for sure.
Pretty neat though and thank you for sharing it.
Tc.

On 11/28/2017 12:50 PM, Dennis L wrote:

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Please write up something better if you have the time.  I have windows7 I only say that as I don’t know if it would differ if you had win10.