Seeking accessible disk cloning application

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

Good day everyone.  I am looking for recommendations for accessible disk cloning software for Windows 10.  Thanks in advance for your help.

george b <gbmagoo@...>

It is built into windows

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Johnson
Sent: December 7, 2019 8:08
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Seeking accessible disk cloning application

Good day everyone.  I am looking for recommendations for accessible disk cloning software for Windows 10.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Smiling?

Image for Windows:

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steven Johnson
Sent: Saturday, December 7, 2019 8:08 AM

Thank you!  This is precisely what I needed.  I’m trying to image an iPod so I can replace its hard drive with an SD card and an iFlash, and just restore the image on to the SD card.  This is the software that will get the job done.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Smiling?
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 3:24 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Seeking accessible disk cloning application

Image for Windows:

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steven Johnson

Steve Matzura

Then IFW isn't what you need. Note the word "Windows" in its name.

On 12/9/2019 7:08 PM, Steven Johnson wrote:

Thank you!  This is precisely what I needed.  I’m trying to image an iPod so I can replace its hard drive with an SD card and an iFlash, and just restore the image on to the SD card.  This is the software that will get the job done.

Image for Windows:

Hi Steve.  Believe it or not, IFW worked like a charm cloning my iPod, and allowing me to restore the image to a 256gb SD card.  I got the version with linux and DOS functionality, ran it in its simple mode to back up the iPod, then I simply used IFW to restore the image to an SD card.  I placed it back into the iFlash, snapped the iPod back together, and my dual boot loader set to start with Rockbox came right up.  The only thing I had to do was extend the 74.34gb partition to include the unallocated space on the SD card to use its full capacity.  I love this application.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:36 AM

Then IFW isn't what you need. Note the word "Windows" in its name.

On 12/9/2019 7:08 PM, Steven Johnson wrote:

Image for Windows:

Steve Matzura

iPod with Rockbox? How old is this thing?

On 12/10/2019 12:26 PM, Steven Johnson wrote:

Hi Steve.  Believe it or not, IFW worked like a charm cloning my iPod, and allowing me to restore the image to a 256gb SD card.  I got the version with linux and DOS functionality, ran it in its simple mode to back up the iPod, then I simply used IFW to restore the image to an SD card.  I placed it back into the iFlash, snapped the iPod back together, and my dual boot loader set to start with Rockbox came right up.  The only thing I had to do was extend the 74.34gb partition to include the unallocated space on the SD card to use its full capacity.  I love this application.

I think mine is the 2009 model.  It is the iPod Classic 6th gen, model A1238 with the 80gb hard drive, which I replaced with an iFlash Solo, and I am using a 256gb SDXC card in the iFlash.  It is a lot more responsive than it was with the 80gb hard drive.  I have a ton of jazz and lots of books on it.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 4:32 PM

iPod with Rockbox? How old is this thing?

On 12/10/2019 12:26 PM, Steven Johnson wrote: