From: Monica Jones [mailto:coffeegal57@...]
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2016 12:59 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Difficulty with Siri In New Phone

Thursday I upgraded my 5S to a 6SPlus. I got everything going except that Siri won’t take most of my commands. For instance, I was able to tell Siri to call someone in my contacts and he would do it. With this new phone, it will start out to call the person; then it will tell me it can’t do it. If I ask it to open one of my apps, Siri will tell me I don’t have such and such app when it is there and I have to find it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks bunches.

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Lenron

I have done that and I have the same issue

On 2/27/16, Matt <matt.from.florida@...> wrote:
Have you did this sign out of Siri and also take all apps out of the app
switcher and reboot the device and then sign back in with Siri and then once
signed in with her then back out of settings and try her out. Now it might
take a little bit for her to understand your voice especially if you have
some kind of accent to it as she is starting all over on the new device and
has to relearn your voice.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Matt

Well, then the only other thing and this might help is to do a total restore and put the device back as a new device and see what happens. You do have good internet connection I assume?

Matt.from.florida@...

Thursday I upgraded my 5S to a 6SPlus. I got everything going except
that Siri won’t take most of my commands. For instance, I was able to
tell Siri to call someone in my contacts and he would do it. With this
new phone, it will start out to call the person; then it will tell me
it can’t do it. If I ask it to open one of my apps, Siri will tell me
I don’t have such and such app when it is there and I have to find it.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks bunches.

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

Lenron

Oh yes the net is pretty good here. I think I might just do that even
though I hate total restore, but if that's what I have to do to fix
siri so be it.

[...]

Carolyn Arnold

We have an iPhone 4S. Not long ago, I asked Siri, "what's the temperature in Sanford, North Carolina."

She said, "see what I found on the net for you."

We were riding down the road in the car. I waited a minute and said "well, the S, as in Sam word you."

She replied, "I wouldn't talk to you like that."

My daughter-in-law laughed and asked, that even though it was a "machine," did I feel bad about it. I said I told her "I'm sorry." It would annoy me though, when she'd tell me "here's what I found on the net for you."

That would be frustrating to have her not make calls for you. By the time you go into Favorites or Contacts, and get to a contact, well, it's a hassle to be sure. It could be that if you can get the phone back to the store, they could check it out for you to see if they can make an adjustment.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Thursday I upgraded my 5S to a 6SPlus. I got everything going except that Siri won’t take most of my commands. For instance, I was able to tell Siri to call someone in my contacts and he would do it. With this new phone, it will start out to call the person; then it will tell me it can’t do it. If I ask it to open one of my apps, Siri will tell me I don’t have such and such app when it is there and I have to find it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks bunches.
Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Monica Jones

I'm thinking I may have to call Apple to fix this. It tells me I don't have apps when I ask it to open them as well. Someone from another list had the same problem and she had to erase her phone and do a restore again.

Thursday I upgraded my 5S to a 6SPlus. I got everything going except that Siri won’t take most of my commands. For instance, I was able to tell Siri to call someone in my contacts and he would do it. With this new phone, it will start out to call the person; then it will tell me it can’t do it. If I ask it to open one of my apps, Siri will tell me I don’t have such and such app when it is there and I have to find it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks bunches.
Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Monica Jones

I don’t know any way of signing out of Siri, but I have signed out of my account, did the reboot thing; nothing works. I’m beginning to think this is a bug with the 6SPlus.