From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Onwardbob
Sent: December-16-19 1:34 PM
To: talk <TechTalk@groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] About alt tabbing

Hi, just recently while alt tabbing I only land on two out of the five items
that should be there. Why, and what can I do?

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Bob,

Check out the note below and see if the keystroke, Windows key + Tab, will work for you.

From: Rebecca Lineberger
I prefer using windows key-tab. After you press that, you can left and right
arrow through all the open windows. Press enter on the one you want to
select it. If you want to close something as you're arrowing through, press
the application/menu key and arrow up to close and press enter.
As I remember, this also works in Windows 7, but it's been awhile. Smile.
Rebecca

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go Rams!
Hi, just recently while alt tabbing I only land on two out of the five items
that should be there. Why, and what can I do?

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

Howard Traxler

And, if you let up the alt key between tabs, you only get to see the last two windows.

Sent: Monday, December 16, 2019 5:51 PM

Yes, alt tab moves through open windows.
Did I say otherwise?

Doesn't alt tabbing only work if the windows are open?  Pam.

In win 10 alt tabbing no longer includes the desktop.

Hi, just recently while alt tabbing I only land on two out of the five items
that should be there. Why, and what can I do?

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

chris judge

Also, if you have more than 2 items running on your task bar you should keep
the alt key held down until you reach the item you want. If you just press
alt then tab, then rlease both every time you will just end up cycling
between the last 2 items and focus.

In win 10 alt tabbing no longer includes the desktop.

Hi, just recently while alt tabbing I only land on two out of the five items
that should be there. Why, and what can I do?

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

chris judge

Yes Pam you are correct. Alt tab is for cycling between open applications.