locked A Letter From Carlos To All!

Janet

Hi All,
Well here it is Christmas once again, and Carlos just sent this so I could share it with you all. I copied and pasted it below.
Janet

Hi To All!
I see the countless Christmas Trees around the world below,
with tiny lights, like heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear,
for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
but the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring,
for it is beyond description, to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me. I see the pain inside your heart,
but I am not so far away. We really aren't apart.
So be happy for me dear ones. You all know I hold you dear,
and be glad I'm spending Christmas, with Jesus Christ this year.
I send you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above.
I send you each a memory of, of my undying love.
After all "Love" is the gift, more precious than pure gold.
It was always most import in the stories Jesus told.
Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to do,
for I can't count the blessing or love he has for each of you.
So, have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear.
Remember, I'm spending Christmas, with Jesus Christ this year.

Carlos!

Peace Be With You.

Cristóbal

I mean, I get it, but this is getting rather weird.

Cristóbal

[...]

George McCoy

That was very nice, Janet.  Carlos was a great guy who helped countless people and he is sorely missed.

George

On 12/25/2019 7:32 PM, Janet wrote:
[...]

Robin Frost

Hi,
I appreciated the sentiment and am in awe of anyone who can write structured verse poetry. It's a talent I always wish I had. Still I couldn't help but wonder how his family and loved ones would feel reading something penned in his name. Further he wasn't one to speak of his personal views on things spiritual on lists his own or others which is why it took me aback a bit to read something of this nature ascribed to him.
I mean no disrespect or to detract still it does cause me some concern for the reasons stated above.
Take good care.
Robin

[...]

Pat Seed

Hi Everyone,
I too, Definitely appreciate the sentiment in what was sent. However, I do not believe that we should write anything in Carlos name, as if he had written it.

Carlos was a Very Kind person, so Very Gifted in computer knowledge and know-how, and helped so many of us. This is evidenced by how we are still passing around is so Very Helpful information. All of it is Definitely Carlos' gift to us, and I know that all of us Treasure that information.

We also Treasure our many memories of and with him, which will forever be in our hearts.

I have to say something about the author of the letter. I am not sure who wrote the original letter way back when. However, I do know that this same letter was sent to me after my Mom passed away on December 19th of 2011. I can tell you that it really helped me through Christmas that year.

There is only one other thing that I would like to say. Because we Treasure Carlos So Much, as a person and as a helper, we need to Honor him and let him truly (Rest in Peace).

Take care, Everyone, and let us, as I will, keep remembering Carlos with Joy.

Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat Seed

[...]

Mike B

Hi Pat,

Since I'm the one that usually initiates the emails for the birthdays & the passing of Carlos to keep his memory alive, are you asking / suggesting that all posts' regarding Carlos are stopped?!  You said,

" we need to Honor him and let him truly (Rest in Peace)."

Are you just referring to the Xmas post / prayer?  Anyways, if list members would like for all posts' about Carlos be stopped, then maybe this is something the list owner / moderators should take a poll on.  Personally, I've never met anyone as computer savvy that could explain things in lamens terms as well as carlos, and I just don't see anything wrong with giving him his coodos at times.  Thoughts please list owner & moderators?

Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.  "Eyden I"

> I appreciated the sentiment and am in awe of anyone who can write
> structured verse poetry. It's a talent I always wish I had. Still I
> couldn't help but wonder how his family and loved ones would feel reading
> something penned in his name. Further he wasn't one to speak of his
> personal views on things spiritual on lists his own or others which is why
> it took me aback a bit to read something of this nature ascribed to him.
> I mean no disrespect or to detract still it does cause me some concern for
> the reasons stated above.
> Take good care.
> Robin

Pat Seed

Hi Mike and Everyone,
I Definitely did not mean for posts about remembering Carlos to stop. It is a way of keeping his memory alive. Indeed, he could explain the (how to) with computers so well.

I was (Only) referring to the Christmas letter post.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat Seed

> I appreciated the sentiment and am in awe of anyone who can write
> structured verse poetry. It's a talent I always wish I had. Still I
> couldn't help but wonder how his family and loved ones would feel reading
> something penned in his name. Further he wasn't one to speak of his
> personal views on things spiritual on lists his own or others which is why
> it took me aback a bit to read something of this nature ascribed to him.
> I mean no disrespect or to detract still it does cause me some concern for
> the reasons stated above.
> Take good care.
> Robin

Gene

I’d rather let the discussion continue if it doesn’t take over the list rather than censor what is said about Carlos.  As an individual and not speakihng as the owner. I agree that things representing Carlos as having or believing certain views shouldn’t be sent because we don’t know what he thought about such things.  We know the kind of person he was and how he lived and that he helped people in valuable ways and that is worth commemorating.  If someone says something like I believe he is in heaven, or something of the sort, that’s the person’s belief, which is fine, but putting beliefs in
Carlos’ mouth, as though he believed them is without foundation.

> I appreciated the sentiment and am in awe of anyone who can write
> structured verse poetry. It's a talent I always wish I had. Still I
> couldn't help but wonder how his family and loved ones would feel reading
> something penned in his name. Further he wasn't one to speak of his
> personal views on things spiritual on lists his own or others which is why
> it took me aback a bit to read something of this nature ascribed to him.
> I mean no disrespect or to detract still it does cause me some concern for
> the reasons stated above.
> Take good care.
> Robin

chris judge

Yes I agree.

[...]

iram shabbir

kindly guide us who was carlos?

[...]

My only gripe if you can call it that is the weird first person letter thing.

I don’t even recall if Carlos was the religious type so I don’t know if even penning something in his name with this theme is appropriate, but again, the whole thing just seemed weird and off. There are a myriad of ways to honor/remember someone without going all ghost of Christmas past or something. Especially if we’re not sure if that person was into Christmas to begin with.

> I appreciated the sentiment and am in awe of anyone who can write
> structured verse poetry. It's a talent I always wish I had. Still I
> couldn't help but wonder how his family and loved ones would feel reading
> something penned in his name. Further he wasn't one to speak of his
> personal views on things spiritual on lists his own or others which is why
> it took me aback a bit to read something of this nature ascribed to him.
> I mean no disrespect or to detract still it does cause me some concern for
> the reasons stated above.
> Take good care.
> Robin

M.E.N. <magpie.mn@...>

I have to agree with this. I did know and love Carlos as did many of us on the TechTalk list and the Chat sub group. He was an extremely knowledgeable computer user and probably the best list owner ever.  His death was a tragic event and touch many of us a great deal. So I actually resent anyone trying to create a "letter" from him.

To me, this is not a way to remember Carlos, even though I realize the best of intentions were behind this.

Marie

On 12/27/2019 7:42 AM, Cristóbal wrote:

My only gripe if you can call it that is the weird first person letter thing.

I don’t even recall if Carlos was the religious type so I don’t know if even penning something in his name with this theme is appropriate, but again, the whole thing just seemed weird and off. There are a myriad of ways to honor/remember someone without going all ghost of Christmas past or something. Especially if we’re not sure if that person was into Christmas to begin with.

> I appreciated the sentiment and am in awe of anyone who can write
> structured verse poetry. It's a talent I always wish I had. Still I
> couldn't help but wonder how his family and loved ones would feel reading
> something penned in his name. Further he wasn't one to speak of his
> personal views on things spiritual on lists his own or others which is why
> it took me aback a bit to read something of this nature ascribed to him.
> I mean no disrespect or to detract still it does cause me some concern for
> the reasons stated above.
> Take good care.
> Robin

Janet

Hello Marie,

No I did not create this pone, so, you are dead wrong when you accuse me of creating this beautiful pone!  I resent you for saying this, and I flat out refuse to discuss this matter with you any further!

Janet

> I appreciated the sentiment and am in awe of anyone who can write
> structured verse poetry. It's a talent I always wish I had. Still I
> couldn't help but wonder how his family and loved ones would feel reading
> something penned in his name. Further he wasn't one to speak of his
> personal views on things spiritual on lists his own or others which is why
> it took me aback a bit to read something of this nature ascribed to him.
> I mean no disrespect or to detract still it does cause me some concern for
> the reasons stated above.
> Take good care.
> Robin

Janet

Hello Chris and Cristóbal ,
You think this is weird because you just don't understand it.
Janet

[...]

Hello Gene,

You are so wrong when you say I am putting words in to Carlos’s mouth!  This pone was written for a deceased person, not a person who is living!  I would like to think these words in this beautiful pone are definitely the words of Carlos, as well as others who have passed on, in hopes they are resting peacefully, as well as happy.  This is the whole point to this pone.  When I talked to Carlos vs email, he told me he was praying, and he also asked me to pray for him.  This tells me something!  Having said all this, I will not discuss this matter with you any longer.  Because I was accused of being weird, putting words in to Carlos’s mouth, creating this pone, I felt it is only fair I had a chance to defend myself, and that I did!

Janet

I’d rather let the discussion continue if it doesn’t take over the list rather than censor what is said about Carlos.  As an individual and not speakihng as the owner. I agree that things representing Carlos as having or believing certain views shouldn’t be sent because we don’t know what he thought about such things.  We know the kind of person he was and how he lived and that he helped people in valuable ways and that is worth commemorating.  If someone says something like I believe he is in heaven, or something of the sort, that’s the person’s belief, which is fine, but putting beliefs in
Carlos’ mouth, as though he believed them is without foundation.

> I appreciated the sentiment and am in awe of anyone who can write
> structured verse poetry. It's a talent I always wish I had. Still I
> couldn't help but wonder how his family and loved ones would feel reading
> something penned in his name. Further he wasn't one to speak of his
> personal views on things spiritual on lists his own or others which is why
> it took me aback a bit to read something of this nature ascribed to him.
> I mean no disrespect or to detract still it does cause me some concern for
> the reasons stated above.
> Take good care.
> Robin

Janet

Hello Pat,
You say we shouldn't write anything in Carlos's name, this was written to mean it was coming from a deceased person, not a person who is living! As I said before, and I will say this again, I hope these are the words of Carlos, in which he is saying he is Peaceful, I like to think he is resting Peacefully! I think you and others are really missing the whole point to this Prayer. You say this helped you before, well, did you ever thing this might help someone else. You also say we should Honor and let him rest in Peace, I firmly agree, but I also believe sending Prayers for a deceased person is a wonderful way to help them rest in Peace! Now, you had your say, and I had to defend myself! I will not carry on this conversation with you any longer.
Janet

[...]

Hello Robin,
I sure hope you don't mean I actually wrote something this beautiful, but if you are, you are giving me way too much credit. Robin, you say, Further he wasn't one to speak of his personal views on things spiritual, how do you know that, you don't. You also say how would his family feel about seeing something in Carlos's name, once again, this poem was written to mean it was coming from a person who is deceased not a person who is living, and I would think Carlos's family would love to see this. The whole point to this poem is to give hope to living people that their love ones are happy and resting Peacefully, so what is wrong with that, nothing is wrong with that. That is why poems like this are written.
Janet

[...]

HI George,
Thank yu for your understanding, as for the others, they are missing the whole point.
Janet

[...]

Brian Zolo <bzolo@...>

Hey there, Janet, Brian Zolo here in Gahanna, Ohio, feel free to call me BZ, grin! I was very blessed by what you sent, thank you so much for being such a blessing! Just as an encouragement, I want to encourage you to choose to forgive those who didn't understand your message. I've found that when I've been hurt, it's helped me to choose to forgive the one who has hurt me and then I pray that the Lord would bless them from the top of their head to the soles of their feet! Keep on being a blessing! Your bro1 BZ!

[...]

David Moore

Hi Janet!

Bless you for sending that!

Carlos was a blessing to all in this world, but there will be those who want to dampen the happiness and peace that others bring!

Like my brother in Christ, BZ said, you have to forgive them, and pray that they will find the peace and joy that can only come from the Lord Jesus!

That is the one and only place you can find this peace and joy!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10