Topics

Learning a new language

Akshaya Choudhary

Hello guys,
I'm looking to learn either of the three languages as a foreign language: German, French or Spanish. I have native fluency in English. Could you guys suggest a visual impairment friendly app/course/program?
All suggestions are welcome.

Regards

jan howells <gale7978@...>

The Hadley Institute for the Blind has all accessible courses for learning languages and just about anything you want to learn. They are a correspondent institute. They are college accredited. People can also get their GED there. You can call student services. The number is escaping me at the moment. I have to look it up in my directory. You can also take their courses online. I take them through the mail. You are allowed to keep your braille and usb study materials. Hope that this helps.

Akshaya, if you use a smartphone, please take a good look at DuoLingo.

Since I'm in the Android universe, please go to the Google Play Store and
grab the app from there. It is reasonably accessible; but be patient with
it and, in due course, you'll be having tons of fun with the app.

Good luck and don't forget to teach me whichever other language you happen
to speak besides English; being a polyglot is real fun and I love it!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Shelly Kane

I have been using Duo lingo for the past year and it works great.  I'm not sure how the app on the phone is but the computer is awesome.  Good luck.

Shelly

On 1/8/2020 6:50 AM, Akshaya Choudhary wrote:
Hello guys,
I'm looking to learn either of the three languages as a foreign language: German, French or Spanish. I have native fluency in English. Could you guys suggest a visual impairment friendly app/course/program?
All suggestions are welcome.

Regards

Akshaya, here's another resource worth looking at for learning new
languages; it is Radio Lingua. Visit its website at:

https://radiolingua.com/

It has a COFFEE BREAK approach to learning various languages. Example,
Coffee Break Spanish, Coffee Break French, etc.

Enjoy and have fun learning slicing and dicing new languages!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Akshaya Choudhary

Olusegun, thank you for your suggestions! They are proving to be very helpful and fun.
I know Hindi besides English. I would love to teach you, it's very logical and easy to learnn. You can contact me on my email: acsociopath@...

Regards

Akshaya Choudhary

Jan and Shelly, thank you for your valuable suggestions as well!

Regards