From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steven Johnson
Sent: January-19-20 8:52 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Dectalk cable, what is the phone jack end called

One of my buddies is sending me a Dectalk external to have some fun with, but it has no cables.  I seem to remember that the cable that connects it to the serial port on the PC has a 9 pin female on one end, and a phone jack kind of RJ45 looking plug for the Dectalk.  I know that the Dectalk end was smaller than the RJ45, but bigger than a phone jack.  I’m trying to find a cable to hook up the Dectalk.  What is the name of the end that fits the Dectalk?  RJ11 or RJ12 maybe?  Thanks.

Steven Johnson

Thanks Monte.  That’s a shame.  I should probably check with my old friends who I know to have drawers full of old cables and electronic relics from the 1980s