From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Penny Golden
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 3:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] timer repeat.

Try this.

Tell her lady-ship: set a timer for fifteen seconds.

This is just for trial purposes, you understand.

When it goes off you can say: ay lady, repeat the timer.

That way you eliminate the command: stop the timer, at least.

I wish we could have her announce the time every 5 minutes, let us say; so that we could keep on track as we're getting out in the morning.

Pen

Onwardbob

Thanks neat tricik

BOB SOUTAR…ONWARD THRU THE FOG

There is a skill called Interval Notice that will sort of do that. Tell her Highness, Alexa enable interval notice. Then, you can say something like, Alexa tell interval notice to set a 2 minute interval 5 times. Every 2 minutes on mine, she said "Time." You can read about it here.
https://www.amazon.com/Justin-Witt-Interval-Notice/dp/B078N9ZRPM

Tell her lady-ship: set a timer for fifteen seconds.

This is just for trial purposes, you understand.

When it goes off you can say: ay lady, repeat the timer.

That way you eliminate the command: stop the timer, at least.

I wish we could have her announce the time every 5 minutes, let us say; so that we could keep on track as we're getting out in the morning.

Pen

Mike B.

Hi Penny,

I tried that, but when I ask her to repeat the timer, she asks, for how long?  That could work, but in the meantime I'm making settings adjustments to the treadmill and this could get a little tedious, talking to her and adjusting the treadmill, but if all else fails I could do it.  Thank you very much for your input.

Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 3:40 PM

Try this.

Tell her lady-ship: set a timer for fifteen seconds.

This is just for trial purposes, you understand.

When it goes off you can say: ay lady, repeat the timer.

That way you eliminate the command: stop the timer, at least.

I wish we could have her announce the time every 5 minutes, let us say;
so that we could keep on track as we're getting out in the morning.

Pen

Mike B.

Hi Steven,

This sounds like the skill I need!  Thank you very much for your input.

Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 3:49 PM

There is a skill called Interval Notice that will sort of do that.  Tell her Highness, Alexa enable interval notice.  Then, you can say something like, Alexa tell interval notice to set a 2 minute interval 5 times.  Every 2 minutes on mine, she said "Time."  You can read about it here.
https://www.amazon.com/Justin-Witt-Interval-Notice/dp/B078N9ZRPM

Tell her lady-ship: set a timer for fifteen seconds.

This is just for trial purposes, you understand.

When it goes off you can say: ay lady, repeat the timer.

That way you eliminate the command: stop the timer, at least.

I wish we could have her announce the time every 5 minutes, let us say; so that we could keep on track as we're getting out in the morning.

Pen

Penny Golden

Oh, she didn't ask me how long.  sorry.

Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 3:40 PM

Try this.

Tell her lady-ship: set a timer for fifteen seconds.

This is just for trial purposes, you understand.

When it goes off you can say: ay lady, repeat the timer.

That way you eliminate the command: stop the timer, at least.

I wish we could have her announce the time every 5 minutes, let us say;
so that we could keep on track as we're getting out in the morning.

Pen

Penny Golden

Interval notice is tremendous. thank you. i didn't know about that one. it works like a charm.