Olympus digital recorders?

Vicky Vaughan

Hi List, I Googled this line of digital recorders and nothing was said about any voice feedback.

Does this whole line not have any accessibility or do some particular models have some accessibility?

I would be grateful for any information, since I am totally blind and looking for a digital recorder for music lessons.

Thanks very much!

Sincerely, Vicky V

Patrick Ford

Hi, I use an Olympus DM 620 and it is accessible, with  voice. I think the latest model is the DM 720. I cannot change or set the time and date but all else is accessible and easy to use.
Patrick

On Jan 27, 2020, at 6:47 PM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:

Hi List, I Googled e of digital recorders and nothing was said about any voice feedback.

Does this whole line not have any accessibility or do some particular models have some accessibility?

I would be grateful for any information, since I am totally blind and looking for a digital recorder for music lessons.

Thanks very much!

Sincerely, Vicky V

Robin Frost

Hi,

Most in the dm series have voice feedback as does the ls-p4 one model which allows you to even set the time with voice feedback if you are concerned about such. I hope that helps.

Robin

On 1/27/2020 6:47 PM, Vicky Vaughan wrote:

Hi List, I Googled this line of digital recorders and nothing was said about any voice feedback.

Does this whole line not have any accessibility or do some particular models have some accessibility?

I would be grateful for any information, since I am totally blind and looking for a digital recorder for music lessons.

Thanks very much!

Sincerely, Vicky V

Joe Giovanelli

Good Evening,

One can set the time and date on the DM-720. I was unable to set either AM or PM.

This is a great voice recorder but if the right menu choices are made, it can be one of the finest sound recorders. It can record the lowest organ tones and the high frequencies associated with the various gadgets used by percussionists.

Joe Giovanellli, W2PVY

On Jan 27, 2020, at 6:47 PM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Hello List, Has anyone here been able to get an accessible manual or guide
on the DM-720?

I just received my unit and there were no instructions in there as far as I
could tell.

Any pointers would be very gratefully received!

Sincerely, Vicky V

wrote:

[...]

Teri McElroy

Hi Vicky

Do you have Aira? You could get an aira agent to help you ID the buttons and find out what you need by downloading the user guide.

wrote:
[...]

Hi, Thanks for your suggestion. That's exactly what I had to do. The Aira agent helped me find and download the manual. I have made it into a Word document. Does anyone want a copy of the Olympus DM 720 manual?

Sincerely, Vicky V