From: Fanus
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 4:31 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] MSWord lines per page

Hello list
I am from the old school and I loved Word Perfect in the days of MSDos. My
problem is that I have to use MSWord now and for some reason I only get 26
lines of text per page. Even if I change the font to Regular Normal and the
size to 10. With WP I was used to 54 lines of text with a top and bottom
margin of 1. Can someone please explain how to use MSWord to get more text
on a page without making the font so small that it becomes difficult to
read.
Kind regards
Fanus

Mike B

Hi Fanus,

If you're running Jaws try the following:
1. While in Word press, Insert + 6, on the the number row to open the Settings Center.
2. Down arrow to, Web / HTML / PDFs, and right arrow to open.
3. Down arrow to, Navigation, and right arrow to open.
4. In here you'll find a setting for lines per page, but I've never played with this setting so I hope this does what you want.

I am from the old school and I loved Word Perfect in the days of MSDos. My
problem is that I have to use MSWord now and for some reason I only get 26
lines of text per page. Even if I change the font to Regular Normal and the
size to 10. With WP I was used to 54 lines of text with a top and bottom
margin of 1. Can someone please explain how to use MSWord to get more text
on a page without making the font so small that it becomes difficult to
read.
Kind regards
Fanus

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Famus are you doublespacing? If so then you will get only 26 lines per page. Is your printer set for this?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Fanus

Hello Ann
Well, I selected the text and then I pressed control-1 but nothing is
better. When I load MSWord I hear "print view edit". Is this the correct
view for creating documents?
Regards
Fanus

Famus are you doublespacing? If so then you will get only 26 lines per
page. Is your printer set for this?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Fanus

Hello Gene

So, what do you use for document creation? I do not need a very feature full program but it must be able to tell when it goes to page two etc. when typing documents. I do miss Word Perfect very, very much.

Regards

Fanus