groups.io Has Changed Their Login Screen

Steve Matzura

It used to be that I would log in and at the top of the page I would see a collapsed item called "Your groups." Now, I log in and see a page called "Subscriptions," with each group to which I am subscribed located on what is seemingly their new home page. Did I do something to make this happen, or is that just the way things are now?

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

This is a change that was just recently made. If you want to know about all the changes that are made I suggest looking at the beta group.

On Jan 28, 2020, at 8:55 PM, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:

It used to be that I would log in and at the top of the page I would see a collapsed item called "Your groups." Now, I log in and see a page called "Subscriptions," with each group to which I am subscribed located on what is seemingly their new home page. Did I do something to make this happen, or is that just the way things are now?

Steve Matzura

Good idea, but they probably talk about a lot of thing that never make it into production. I'm only interested in what goes live.

P.S.: Are they having a bad day over there or something: I posted messages over seven hours ago that are just now coming through and getting onto the lists to which they were posted.

On 1/28/2020 10:02 PM, joseph hudson wrote:
This is a change that was just recently made. If you want to know about all the changes that are made I suggest looking at the beta group.
On Jan 28, 2020, at 8:55 PM, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:

It used to be that I would log in and at the top of the page I would see a collapsed item called "Your groups." Now, I log in and see a page called "Subscriptions," with each group to which I am subscribed located on what is seemingly their new home page. Did I do something to make this happen, or is that just the way things are now?

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

It's probably because the people that are posting or moderated. And no, everything is discussed live with the developer. And everybody puts their two cents in, and then they help him tweak it if they see any problems.

On Jan 28, 2020, at 9:11 PM, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:

[...]

Gene

Groups.io shows the your groups screen when you log in.  I'm not sure where you want to be so I'm not sure how to direct you.  But at the top of the page is a button for general navigation in the site.  If you activate it, you will see items.
At the bottom of the page is a button that shows you options for working with your groups and perhaps other things that I don't recall now.  I can look to give you more information if you want it, but if you activate these buttons and look at what opens, that may allow you to get to the places you want.  Increasingly, sites use buttons to expand collapsed parts of pages.  Web pages increasingly don't show all their content just by opening them.

Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 8:55 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] groups.io Has Changed Their Login Screen

It used to be that I would log in and at the top of the page I would see
a collapsed item called "Your groups." Now, I log in and see a page
called "Subscriptions," with each group to which I am subscribed located
on what is seemingly their new home page. Did I do something to make
this happen, or is that just the way things are now?

Steve Matzura

It used to be all collapsed, which was a nice compact view. Now it's all wide open. I'll figure it out, no need to trouble yourself. Thanks for the offer though.

On 1/28/2020 10:46 PM, Gene wrote:
Groups.io shows the your groups screen when you log in.  I'm not sure where you want to be so I'm not sure how to direct you.  But at the top of the page is a button for general navigation in the site.  If you activate it, you will see items.
At the bottom of the page is a button that shows you options for working with your groups and perhaps other things that I don't recall now.  I can look to give you more information if you want it, but if you activate these buttons and look at what opens, that may allow you to get to the places you want.  Increasingly, sites use buttons to expand collapsed parts of pages.  Web pages increasingly don't show all their content just by opening them.

Gene

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Steve, I would be willing to help you if you need me to. My office number is below for your convenience if you want me to show you how to navigate around if you would like. I still have the your groups button at the top as Jean stated. And I will be available till five today and then not again till after eight central time. As I'm going out to dinner.

joseph hudson

Technology support for the blind or better known as Mack, IOS and Windows support

FaceTime, iMessage, and email

jhud7789@twc.com

Telephone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667