CC Crane AM and FM broadcast radio

Fred Adams <w4hc@...>

I have two of the CC Crane broadcast radios and the memory buttons have
stopped working in both radios and I would like to know if anyone on the
list knows if there is a reset button someplace on the radios. I know that
some radios have a small hole in the cabinet and using a small screwdriver a
button can be pressed for reset. If anyone has any info on this I would
appreciate it very much. When I have tried getting info from the Crane
Company, I get no response. Thanks much,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET
ETERNITY ETERNITY AVERY LONG TIME

Dave

Hello Fred,

I also own two of these Crane Radios, and for the most part, I like
them, and they have worked well now for years.

Sorry, I don't know of any Fix for your Radio's, but I always lose all
settings when I unplug the Cord, and remove the Batteries, and leave it
for an hour or so.

All settings in memory are erased.

It is odd that both radios are suffering the same problem, and that it
is All the memory Buttons and not just one or two.

One of my Radio's had a problem with the On and Off Switch.  I bought
some of that tuner Cleaner, and sprayed all around that Switch, and it
started working again.

If it were me, I would call the Crane Company and talk to a live person,
and see if they can give you an answer, or pass you to someone who could.

Hope you get those Radios fixed.

Dave

Mike B.

Hi Fred,

When you say you get no response from the CCrane company, have you tried calling their tech support?  1-800-522-8863
Please let us know what you find out, I've had the same thing happen to just a couple of the memory buttons.

I have two of the CC Crane broadcast radios and the memory buttons have
stopped working in both radios and I would like to know if anyone on the
list knows if there is a reset button someplace on the radios.  I know that
some radios have a small hole in the cabinet and using a small screwdriver a
button can be pressed for reset.  If anyone has any info on this I would
appreciate it very much.  When I have tried getting info from the Crane
Company, I get no response.  Thanks much,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET
ETERNITY ETERNITY AVERY LONG TIME

Fred Adams <w4hc@...>

Thanks for the email. I love the CC Crane radios and the way that they are built.

I also own two of these Crane Radios, and for the most part, I like them, and they have worked well now for years.

Sorry, I don't know of any Fix for your Radio's, but I always lose all settings when I unplug the Cord, and remove the Batteries, and leave it for an hour or so.

All settings in memory are erased.

It is odd that both radios are suffering the same problem, and that it is All the memory Buttons and not just one or two.

One of my Radio's had a problem with the On and Off Switch. I bought some of that tuner Cleaner, and sprayed all around that Switch, and it started working again.

If it were me, I would call the Crane Company and talk to a live person, and see if they can give you an answer, or pass you to someone who could.

Hope you get those Radios fixed.

Dave

Fred Adams <w4hc@...>

I did not know that they had tech support but I will give them a call using the number that you gave me.  I contacted them by email before.  Thanks for your response.

When you say you get no response from the CCrane company, have you tried calling their tech support?  1-800-522-8863

Please let us know what you find out, I've had the same thing happen to just a couple of the memory buttons.

I have two of the CC Crane broadcast radios and the memory buttons have
stopped working in both radios and I would like to know if anyone on the
list knows if there is a reset button someplace on the radios.  I know that
some radios have a small hole in the cabinet and using a small screwdriver a
button can be pressed for reset.  If anyone has any info on this I would
appreciate it very much.  When I have tried getting info from the Crane
Company, I get no response.  Thanks much,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET
ETERNITY ETERNITY AVERY LONG TIME

Victor

Years ago, I spoke with Bob Crane one day. He is the owner of the company. Apparently he just happened to be answering the phones that day. Anyhow, I purchased their a.m. radio antenna from the company at that time and I loved it. Mr. Crane was a very nice and helpful man. I told him that I was blind and he and I had a short but very pleasant conversation. It’s a good company.

Victor

[...]

brian

I would like to know how the receptions is on the cc radio.  The same man that said that over the air radio is going away also said that the c crain radios are junk.  I don't think so  but I have never had one.  I think that if they were junk then all of those coast to coast listeners would send them back.  Brian Sackrider

On 1/31/2020 12:01 PM, Dave wrote:
[...]

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

I have the CC Radio EP, and to me, the AM reception at night is nothing short of fantastic. Definitely not junk when you're on a camping trip in Central Washington State and can pull in the Kansas City Royals while sitting around the fire.

[...]

The a.m. antenna I bought from the company was great! I live in Northern Nevada where there are lots of mountains that block a.m. reception and the antenna overcame much of that.

Victor

On Jan 31, 2020, at 1:37 PM, Steven Johnson <saxmonger@comcast.net> wrote:

[...]

As mentioned before, I own two of the CC+ Radios, and I like them a lot.

As far as reception goes, have never had an issue with them fading in or out.

If I had a complaint, it would be that there are only Five Stations on AM, and Five more Stations on FM that can be set as Memory Buttons.

I wish I had Ten in each Band.

Dave

Victor

I remember the days when I used to listen to a.m. radio from all over the country at night. Lots of fun.

Victor

On Jan 31, 2020, at 2:20 PM, Dave <dlh007@centurylink.net> wrote:

As mentioned before, I own two of the CC+ Radios, and I like them a lot.

As far as reception goes, have never had an issue with them fading in or out.

If I had a complaint, it would be that there are only Five Stations on AM, and Five more Stations on FM that can be set as Memory Buttons.

I wish I had Ten in each Band.

Dave

brian

Thanks to those of you who have inlightetened me on the cclain radios thats good to that they are not junk like that man thinks they are.  If you are on mytelaspace the man's name is Tom.  hHe comes acrost like he think he knows everything about radio.  He thinks that there are no radios for the serious dxers and that includes the ccrain radios.  He is the man that thinks that over the air radio will go away in 20 or 30 years from now. I think that it would be good if somone would go on mytelaspace and subscrie to his all things radio board and deminstrate your ccrain radio on the board.  Prove to him that they are not junk. I think that he is discouraging people from buying radios because he thinks they are junk.  I would like to see somone chalenge him and probe to everyone on the board that radios are not junk.  If you want to subscribe to mytelaspace just call for a free account.  712-432-2831  I am the 70's man on mytelaspace.

Brian Sackrider

On 1/31/2020 5:23 PM, Victor wrote:
I remember the days when I used to listen to a.m. radio from all over the country at night. Lots of fun.

Victor
On Jan 31, 2020, at 2:20 PM, Dave <dlh007@centurylink.net> wrote:

As mentioned before, I own two of the CC+ Radios, and I like them a lot.

As far as reception goes, have never had an issue with them fading in or out.

If I had a complaint, it would be that there are only Five Stations on AM, and Five more Stations on FM that can be set as Memory Buttons.

I wish I had Ten in each Band.

Dave

Pamela Dominguez

I have two ccradios, and I don't like them. They are Sangean, and every sangean product I have had isn't what it is cracked up to be. Pam.

[...]

Brian K. Lingard

Dear Pamela &list:
C. Crane no longer sells any Sangean products. Perhaps they listen to their customers.
I own several Sangean radios, CCCCRadio , CCRadio 2, CCRadio SW, the Observer and two of the shirt-pocket AM/FM/weather radios and a wind-up AM/FM/Weather radio. Gave two wind-up radios to friends in NYC, they said they have plenty electricity, them Sandy played New York, the lights went out for over a week, the electric train set was flooded to top of the stations. However, the MTA brought in trains with Pump cars and work trains with new ballast, they got the train set running again in a week or so. And the 44-foot GM diesel busses.

Brian K. Lingard

I have two ccradios, and I don't like them. They are Sangean , and every singeing product I have had isn't what it is cracked up to be. Pam.

[...]

The talking ccradio is a sangean product. It's almost exactly like the hdradio I bought that was a sangean product; it looks just like it, anyway. I saw it, but didn't get much useful information from the person I know who bought it, because she doesn't listen to over-the-air radio. She just uses it to hook her iphone up to. Pam.