blind programmers group

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

hello all

is there a group for my subject line?
that is blind software developers and programmers?

Rayn Darren

Hey Kerryn,

Check out program-l@freelists.org.

HTH,

Sarah

On 2/6/2020 5:14 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
hello all

is there a group for my subject line?
that is blind software developers and programmers?

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

rayn

am putting in my email address and it is telling me am a robot
try again

waw

On 2/6/2020 5:14 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
hello all

is there a group for my subject line?
that is blind software developers and programmers?

Rayn Darren

I had the same issue, had to do it a few times before it accepted me.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rayn Darren" <rayndarren@gmail.com>
On 2/6/2020 5:14 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
hello all

is there a group for my subject line?
that is blind software developers and programmers?

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

this is stress

do u have an email to subscribe?

On 2/6/2020 5:14 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
hello all

is there a group for my subject line?
that is blind software developers and programmers?

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

rayn

it is stressing me out trying to subscribe via the link

does it have a subscribe email?

i am not a robot

On 2/6/2020 5:14 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
hello all

is there a group for my subject line?
that is blind software developers and programmers?

Alex Stone

Send a blank email to program-l-request@... with the word subscribe in the subject line, any problems and I’ll try and help.

it is stressing me out trying to subscribe via the link

does it have a subscribe email?

i am not a robot

On 2/6/2020 5:14 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
> hello all
>
> is there a group for my subject line?
> that is blind software developers and programmers?

Gene

I did some checking.  The information was incomplete.  You are supposed to send a message to the address, as you did, but with the word subscribe in the subject line.  To unsubscribe, use unsubscribe.

the list serve thought you were a robot because you used an incorrect configuration.

On 2/6/2020 5:14 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
> hello all
>
> is there a group for my subject line?
> that is blind software developers and programmers?

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

thanks jene

I did some checking.  The information was incomplete.  You are supposed to send a message to the address, as you did, but with the word subscribe in the subject line.  To unsubscribe, use unsubscribe.

the list serve thought you were a robot because you used an incorrect configuration.

On 2/6/2020 5:14 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
> hello all
>
> is there a group for my subject line?
> that is blind software developers and programmers?

Jaffar Sidek

Hi Karyn.  Try:

program-l+subscribe@freelists.org.

Will get in touch with you soon.  Cheers!

On 2/9/2020 4:41 AM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
rayn

it is stressing me out trying to subscribe via the link

does it have a subscribe email?

i am not a robot

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rayn Darren" <rayndarren@gmail.com>

On 2/6/2020 5:14 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
hello all

is there a group for my subject line?
that is blind software developers and programmers?

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

i tried your, jene's and rayn's suggestions and nothing worrk

On 2/6/2020 5:14 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
hello all

is there a group for my subject line?
that is blind software developers and programmers?

Jaffar Sidek

Hmm! strange.  I'll write to the owner.  Something must be not working right with the subscription service.  Cheers!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jaffar Sidek" <jaffar.sidek10@gmail.com>

On 2/6/2020 5:14 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
hello all

is there a group for my subject line?
that is blind software developers and programmers?

Alex Stone

I managed to subscribe by denial some time last week.

Hmm! strange.  I'll write to the owner.  Something must be not working
right with the subscription service.  Cheers!

On 2/10/2020 6:08 AM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
> i  tried your, jene's and rayn's suggestions and nothing worrk
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jaffar Sidek"
> <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Mike B.

Hi Jaffar,

If the person just tried clicking on the link it wouldn't work because there's a period at the end and if they tried copying / pasting they would get the same results if they didn't read the line character by character and delete the period.  Here's the subscribe link again minus the period.

Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2020 4:08 PM

program-l+subscribe@....

>> Will get in touch with you soon. Cheers!
>>
>> On 2/9/2020 4:41 AM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
>>> rayn
>>>
>>> it is stressing me out trying to subscribe via the link
>>>
>>> does it have a subscribe email?
>>>
>>> i am not a robot
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rayn Darren" <rayndarren@...>

mike

yes i saw the period at the end, i deleted the period on each time

but thanks for your  info though

If the person just tried clicking on the link it wouldn't work because there's a period at the end and if they tried copying / pasting they would get the same results if they didn't read the line character by character and delete the period.  Here's the subscribe link again minus the period.

Take care.  Mike  Sent from my iBarstool.

program-l+subscribe@....

>> Will get in touch with you soon. Cheers!
>>
>> On 2/9/2020 4:41 AM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
>>> rayn
>>>
>>> it is stressing me out trying to subscribe via the link
>>>
>>> does it have a subscribe email?
>>>
>>> i am not a robot
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rayn Darren" <rayndarren@...>

Flor Lynch

should work? (I’ve come late here.) My understanding is that freelists have always used the –subscribe (hyphen-subscribe) designation.

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 1:30 PM

program-l+subscribe@....

>> Will get in touch with you soon. Cheers!
>>
>> On 2/9/2020 4:41 AM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
>>> rayn
>>>
>>> it is stressing me out trying to subscribe via the link
>>>
>>> does it have a subscribe email?
>>>
>>> i am not a robot
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rayn Darren" <rayndarren@...>

this email did not work

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 1:30 PM

program-l+subscribe@....

>> Will get in touch with you soon. Cheers!
>>
>> On 2/9/2020 4:41 AM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
>>> rayn
>>>
>>> it is stressing me out trying to subscribe via the link
>>>
>>> does it have a subscribe email?
>>>
>>> i am not a robot
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rayn Darren" <rayndarren@...>

What does did not work mean?  Was there any response to the message or nothing?

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 9:18 AM

this email did not work

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 1:30 PM

program-l+subscribe@....

>> Will get in touch with you soon. Cheers!
>>
>> On 2/9/2020 4:41 AM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
>>> rayn
>>>
>>> it is stressing me out trying to subscribe via the link
>>>
>>> does it have a subscribe email?
>>>
>>> i am not a robot
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rayn Darren" <rayndarren@...>

See this page for the results of a search of Freelists for blind programmers.  I don't recall just what you are looking for in terms of the focus of the list, but you should find what you want there and by following the link to the list you want, you should find subscription information.

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 9:18 AM

this email did not work

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 1:30 PM

program-l+subscribe@....