MS Office 2016

Dave

Hello,

I have such a small Need for Microsoft Word, that I don't have it
installed on any of my Systems.  Instead I use Jarte, and for my needs,
it works great.  It is Small, Quick, Simple, and works well with either
of my Screen Readers.

However, there are times when I need to send a file to someone using a
Microsoft Format, either MS Word 2013 or newer.

For the price of $36 down to $24 for Office Pro 2016, this deal is hard
to resist.

Guess my question is this, How Accessible is Office 2016?

I use the Spell Checker, and need to change Fonts and Font Sizes.  Need
to do Underlining and some Outlining.

I also need to read large Documents of more than 100 pages.

I assume that Jaws 2019, and the latest NVDA Screen Readers will read
enough in Word 2016 to do those items I listed above.

But, I thought I would ask here first, since these days, very little
should be Assumed.

Oh, and if it matters, I am running everything on a Win 10 Pro System,
with an I7 Chip and loads of Memory.

Isn't there a Newer version of MS Word?  2018, 19 or 20?

But, for $36 to $24, This deal is a temptation.

I would Love to hear from users of Office 2016 and hear how well it
works with Screen Readers.

Thanks for any reply,

Grumpy Dave

Quentin Christensen

Office 2016 works fine with NVDA at least (and in fairness, I'd assume it should work fine with Jaws also).  If you do get tempted to go further into using advanced features of Word, we have a training module on Microsoft Word with NVDA:  https://www.nvaccess.org/product/microsoft-word-training-for-nvda-ebook/  It's only $30 Australian, which still should just come in under your $24 cost of Office itself :)

There is a newer version of Office, Office 2019, which like Office 2016, is a standalone, one-off purchase.  Otherwise the newest version of Office which is constantly updated, is Office 365, which is a yearly or monthly subscription.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

heather albright

Yes I have 2016 and it works very well with jaws. I thought there was a training tutorial with jaws that one can get, cant say for sure. Heather

[...]

Smiling?

It so far anyway, works exceptionally well in fact, better than Office2010 did. Using JAWS2020.

[...]

chris judge

Jaws will for sure. I can't speak for NVDA.

[...]

Onwardbob

Hi, missed the post regarding that low price option and can't locate it. Could someone please pass along the info...thanks

BOB SOUTAR…ONWARD THRU THE FOG

[...]

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Howdy Bob,

Here you go, and just to let you know, I haven't been able to download the 2 copies I bought yesterday as of yet and I'm waiting to here from them.  Also I had problems using any of the chromium browsers on their website and had to use IE11.

[...]

Hi Bob,

I tried Chrome, Brave & Waterfox, but got it all done with IE11.  I didn't try Firefox.

[...]

Monte Single

Hi Bob,
If you do a search on amazon for micro soft office, you'll find it.

[...]

I haven't been able to find anything on amazon for that price either.

[...]

Hi Chris,

I found mine on;
www.amazon.ca

it was towards the en of 2019.
I think I searched under "micro soft office 2016".

[...]

This information below has already been sent/shared, but yes, there are newer versions of Office, Office2019 for example and Office365 are two examples, but the price of Office2016 was just exceptionally priced which is why I selectively chose it instead. Office2019 was something around $55 after the use of the coupon below.

[...]

How did you get your purchase downloaded?  I completed the purchase of 2 key codes for Office2016, the download link send me to a Microsoft page that I can't find a download link for.  This is the message I get & I have reported it.  Was anyone that made a purchase able to use PayPal?  I had to use a credit card because PayPal wouldn't open when selected.

Sorry, we can't set up your account right now
Hang on to your product key, and try again later.

If this happens again, contact support.
Well, I reported this 2 days ago and I haven't heard anything other than an email stating they received my message.

[...]

You most likely could not find a download link simply due to you not being signed in to your specific account. So go to the site below and either sign into your account, or create an account for you to be signed into upon Microsoft.

If you were actually signed into your account, then maybe try another browser. I myself used Firefox with no difficulties at all and I did not try using PayPal.

https://setup.office.com/

[...]

Okay, I fixed the problem.  The link they sent to click on had extra characters and after correcting the link I got signed in and got both Office suites downloaded.  Thanks much.