NVDA audio ducking

heather albright

Hello, can someone kindly tell me where to find audio ducking for NVDA? I went threw the settings. I wish NVDA had a settings center like jaws does and you can type what you are looking for. Heather

Greg Wocher

Hello,
If you do a NVDA plus Control plus s this will bring up the choose synthesizer dialog. If you tab past the list of synths you will find where you can turn audio ducking on or off.

Greg Wocher

On Feb 19, 2020, at 1:38 PM, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, can someone kindly tell me where to find audio ducking for NVDA? I went threw the settings. I wish NVDA had a settings center like jaws does and you can type what you are looking for. Heather

Mike B

In NVDA2019.3.1 the audio ducking is no longer there, and I couldn't find where it's located.

Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 12:27 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA audio ducking

Hello,
If you do a NVDA plus Control plus s this will bring up the choose synthesizer dialog. If you tab past the list of synths you will find where you can turn audio ducking on or off.

Greg Wocher

On Feb 19, 2020, at 1:38 PM, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, can someone kindly tell me where to find audio ducking for NVDA? I went threw the settings. I wish NVDA had a settings center like jaws does and you can type what you are looking for. Heather

heather albright

Darn, thanks, I am going back to an older version woe! Cheers Heather

In NVDA2019.3.1 the audio ducking is no longer there, and I couldn't find where it's located.

Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 12:27 PM

Hello,

If you do a NVDA plus Control plus s this will bring up the choose synthesizer dialog. If you tab past the list of synths you will find where you can turn audio ducking on or off.

Greg Wocher

On Feb 19, 2020, at 1:38 PM, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, can someone kindly tell me where to find audio ducking for NVDA? I went threw the settings. I wish NVDA had a settings center like jaws does and you can type what you are looking for. Heather

heather albright

Ah, yes, thank you! This is what I did after switching back to an older version of NVDA! Heather

If you do a NVDA plus Control plus s this will bring up the choose synthesizer dialog. If you tab past the list of synths you will find where you can turn audio ducking on or off.

Greg Wocher

On Feb 19, 2020, at 1:38 PM, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, can someone kindly tell me where to find audio ducking for NVDA? I went threw the settings. I wish NVDA had a settings center like jaws does and you can type what you are looking for. Heather

John Dowling <1008jmd@...>

Hi,
You can also do NVDA shift d to cyle through the audio ducking options. I don't think this works on the latest version though, since I'm primarily a mac user.

On Feb 19, 2020, at 4:58 PM, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Ah, yes, thank you! This is what I did after switching back to an older version of NVDA! Heather

If you do a NVDA plus Control plus s this will bring up the choose synthesizer dialog. If you tab past the list of synths you will find where you can turn audio ducking on or off.

Greg Wocher

On Feb 19, 2020, at 1:38 PM, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, can someone kindly tell me where to find audio ducking for NVDA? I went threw the settings. I wish NVDA had a settings center like jaws does and you can type what you are looking for. Heather

chris judge

I just did NVDA control S, tabbed past the synthisizer options, and audio docking is there.

In NVDA2019.3.1 the audio ducking is no longer there, and I couldn't find where it's located.

Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 12:27 PM

Hello,

If you do a NVDA plus Control plus s this will bring up the choose synthesizer dialog. If you tab past the list of synths you will find where you can turn audio ducking on or off.

Greg Wocher

On Feb 19, 2020, at 1:38 PM, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, can someone kindly tell me where to find audio ducking for NVDA? I went threw the settings. I wish NVDA had a settings center like jaws does and you can type what you are looking for. Heather

Mike B

I have NVDA2019.3.1 installed and audio ducking is not there, but this is on my Windows 7 system and with JAWS audio ducking is not available with Win7, only with Win8 & above.  So, I don't know if NVDA follows the same guidelines of not being available to Win7 or not.

Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 3:14 PM

I just did NVDA control S, tabbed past the synthisizer options, and audio docking is there.

In NVDA2019.3.1 the audio ducking is no longer there, and I couldn't find where it's located.

If you do a NVDA plus Control plus s this will bring up the choose synthesizer dialog. If you tab past the list of synths you will find where you can turn audio ducking on or off.

Greg Wocher

On Feb 19, 2020, at 1:38 PM, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, can someone kindly tell me where to find audio ducking for NVDA? I went threw the settings. I wish NVDA had a settings center like jaws does and you can type what you are looking for. Heather

Mike B

Okay, I'm totally wrong and I'm terribly sorry for the wrong information I posted about audio ducking not being available.  In Windows 7 it's not availble, but in Windows 10 it's in the select synthesizer dialogue as Greg and Chris have stated.  Please accept my apologies.

Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 3:14 PM

I just did NVDA control S, tabbed past the synthisizer options, and audio docking is there.

In NVDA2019.3.1 the audio ducking is no longer there, and I couldn't find where it's located.

If you do a NVDA plus Control plus s this will bring up the choose synthesizer dialog. If you tab past the list of synths you will find where you can turn audio ducking on or off.

Greg Wocher

On Feb 19, 2020, at 1:38 PM, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, can someone kindly tell me where to find audio ducking for NVDA? I went threw the settings. I wish NVDA had a settings center like jaws does and you can type what you are looking for. Heather

Gene

Searching the user guide using NVDA search for ducking and repeating the search once showed this:
Audio Ducking Mode
Key: NVDA+shift+d

Regarding a settings center, eep in mind that the NVDA user guide is one document with links to different sections.  Therefore, you can use the NVDA search command to search the entire document for what you want.  That may not be as efficient as a settings center but at the same time, it is an efficient way to find things.

Hello, can someone kindly tell me where to find audio ducking for NVDA? I went threw the settings. I wish NVDA had a settings center like jaws does and you can type what you are looking for. Heather

Gene

People can test and see.  That command is listed in the User Guide.  If it doesn't work, that indicates a bug and if so, I suspect the other method is supposed to be available as well.

If you do a NVDA plus Control plus s this will bring up the choose synthesizer dialog. If you tab past the list of synths you will find where you can turn audio ducking on or off.

Greg Wocher

On Feb 19, 2020, at 1:38 PM, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, can someone kindly tell me where to find audio ducking for NVDA? I went threw the settings. I wish NVDA had a settings center like jaws does and you can type what you are looking for. Heather

Mike B

When you invoke the,NVDA, shift + D, keystroke it works as a toggle that will cycle you through the 3 audio ducking settings, 1 setting at a time for each press of the keystrroke, so when using the keystroke listen carefully to make your audio ducking setting selection.