What is a good flip phone to buy?

Terry Olandese

I’m going to have to replace my flip phone at the end of the year because of 3 g going away. Could someone recommend a inexpensive phone that I can buy? Would appreciate the help. All the information that you can give to me about the phone would be appreciated.

Gerald Levy

Gene mentioned that he is considering doing a podcast demo of  the Alcatel Flip Go 3, so stay tuned.

Gerald

On 2/22/2020 8:44 AM, Terry Olandese wrote:

I’m going to have to replace my flip phone at the end of the year because of 3 g going away. Could someone recommend a inexpensive phone that I can buy? Would appreciate the help. All the information that you can give to me about the phone would be appreciated.

Gene

I'm going to do a presentation on Accessible World on March 9 about the phone I use.  You will have to decide if you want to use that phone, with its prolems and accessibility limitations or another.  After seeing discussions of two other off-the-shelf phones on one of the lists I follow, I don't remember which, and considering how I use a phone, I decided that mine is probably the best for me, but you may want something else.  But small things may be very important.  for example, one person discussed a phone that sounded very good except he said that it doesn't announce who is calling nor does it announce the number.  it just does something like announce incoming.  I would never by a phone, no matter how good otherwise, that doesn't tell me information about the incoming call.

Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 7:44 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I’m going to have to replace my flip phone at the end of the year because of 3 g going away. Could someone recommend a inexpensive phone that I can buy? Would appreciate the help. All the information that you can give to me about the phone would be appreciated.

jan howells <gale7978@...>

My brother just bought me an Alcatel Go 5. He has Verizon. I know nothing about the Alcatel Go 5 yet. Can anyone enlighten me? I will get it on Easter Sunday.

Jan

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

What is the make and model of the phone and is it 4G Let. I am looking for one for my wife who is sighted and does not want a touch screen . The one she has now will not work after the end of the year.