I want to change the computer names on a couple of our computers, but if I do this will changing computer names cause any access problems with any of the User Name folders?  Thanks mooy moocho.

Mary Smith

Hi Mike, you will be able to change the computer name without affecting any of your user accounts. Just choose a name that is different and you should be good to go.

On 2020-02-23 2:14 p.m., Mike B wrote:
Howdy All,

I want to change the computer names on a couple of our computers, but if I
do this will changing computer names cause any access problems with any of
the User Name folders? Thanks mooy moocho.

Mike B

Hi Mary,

Thank you for the verification.  I changed, what I thought was the computer name, with my Microsoft account on the MS website, and damn, it turned out to be my user name!  I had to reinstall Win10 and I don't want to go through that crap again!  LOL  LOL  Microsoft Accessibility couldn't get it right again, so I just reinstalled.

On 2020-02-23 2:14 p.m., Mike B wrote:
> Howdy All,
>
> I want to change the computer names on a couple of our computers, but if I
> do this will changing computer names cause any access problems with any of
> the User Name folders?  Thanks mooy moocho.
>
> Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Carolyn Arnold

Only Microsoft calls their Customer Service for us
Disability, but Apple calls theirs Accessibility.