Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2020 2:50 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] warning if you doing business

Hello, I just want to worn anyone who does business that, this company does not return all your money even with items that could be shipped free matter for the blind. So LoganTech.

Proxtalker, be warned and go else where! Heather

heather albright

No it was not a restocking fee. They charged me for something that could have been sent free matter. So if one orders something from them, be prepared! That is all I am going to say on the subject! Heather

I don't know if your message is a valid warning.  Are users told in some sort of straightforward way that returning something will involve a restocking fee?  I purchase very little and I have returned nothing.  What is customary for those companies that specialize in dealing with blind purchasers?  Do they generally charge a restocking fee for returns?  How much?  Is this company within what is customary now?

Aside from that, since all sorts of merchants charge restocking fees now, is the charge within what is reasonable for merchants in general?  Shipping isn't the question.  Restocking fees aren't based on shipping costs.  they are a cost imposed for restocking a returned item.

Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2020 2:50 PM

Hello, I just want to worn anyone who does business that, this company does not return all your money even with items that could be shipped free matter for the blind. So LoganTech.

Proxtalker, be warned and go else where! Heather

Nimer Jaber

If I operated a business, I probably would not send stuff out free matter. Did you have an agreement that they would send it out free matter? Did you get anything in writing saying this?

Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2020 2:50 PM

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

you, and have a great day!

Alex Stone

Why should they go to the trouble of sending stuff free matter,

On 5 Mar 2020, at 20:50, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, I just want to worn anyone who does business that, this company does not return all your money even with items that could be shipped free matter for the blind. So LoganTech.

Proxtalker, be warned and go else where! Heather

Gene

Are you saying that the business doesn't send things free matter if requested?  Did you make such a request with your order?  and is this a business specializing in dealing with blind people?

Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2020 3:01 PM

Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2020 2:50 PM

Hello, I just want to worn anyone who does business that, this company does not return all your money even with items that could be shipped free matter for the blind. So LoganTech.

Proxtalker, be warned and go else where! Heather

brian

    We should not do business with any company that will not mail out products that do qualafy for free matter.  Tell them that they don't then we will go else whear.  If companies can't deal with the cost of doing business then they don't belong in business.  It's bad enough when companies that sell products for the blind refuse to provide us with accessable meterials such as manuals and catalogs.  They all do this and neither Acb or Nfb are doing anything about this.  They just don't care about real world problems of the blind they are a very big joke.  They have always been and will always will be.  Companies that sell products for the blind are proving that they really don't care about the needs of the blind they just want our money.  They are taking advantage of and they should all be very ashamed of themselves.  What a big scam?  They just can't comprehend that the majority of theblind are either unimployed living on ssi or ssdi income that barly pays for your monthly living expensive.  There is very little room for expensive products in their budgets.  Thats just reality but they will never comprehend that.  How many companies that sell products for the blind offer any monthly payment plans?  They want full payment and thats just not possible.  When I first applied to my local lions club for a reading machine they told me that it would take their whole anual budget just to pay for it.  This prevents the blind from achieving the independence that the blind truly want and they could care less.  I am not saying that we should get somthing for nothing but just work with us and charge a more reasonable price for their products.  Offer monthly payment plans and they will sell more products.  They have no business sinse.  There is a double standard here.  If we request braille we are told that the cost is to high and only 10 percent of blind people read braille anyway.  On the other hand they ignore the 70-80 unimployment rate of the blind and expect us to pay money that we don't have.   They are very selish and very inconciterate of our needs the very people they claim to be in business for.  I know that nothing will probably ever change unless the blind community as a whole demand change.  I doubt that will ever happen you just can't getthe blind to unite on any issue.  Just some food for thought for what's werth.

Brian Sackrider

Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2020 2:50 PM

Hello, I just want to worn anyone who does business that, this company does not return all your money even with items that could be shipped free matter for the blind. So LoganTech.

Proxtalker, be warned and go else where! Heather

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

you, and have a great day!

Dave Mitchel

the government pays for free matter. that is not or does not include things you pay for as it is free matter.
if I am selling you or anyone else I cannot send that free matter as it is not free but has been paid for.

Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2020 2:50 PM

Hello, I just want to worn anyone who does business that, this company does not return all your money even with items that could be shipped free matter for the blind. So LoganTech.

Proxtalker, be warned and go else where! Heather

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

you, and have a great day!

Gerald Levy

Here's why I have a big problem with your argument.  Sure, blindness merchants take advantage of us blind consumers by charging outrageous prices on many products and then tacking on ridiculously high S&H fees.  But I never hear anyone complain about paying $1000 for an IPhone, perhaps because it is a mainstream product and is the same price for everyone.  And Apple is perceived by many blind consumers as a "wonderful" company that really cares about accessibility, so they can get away with it.  One grand for a freaking telephone that doesn't even have any tactile buttons?  Give me a break.

Gerald

Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2020 2:50 PM

Hello, I just want to worn anyone who does business that, this company does not return all your money even with items that could be shipped free matter for the blind. So LoganTech.

Proxtalker, be warned and go else where! Heather

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

you, and have a great day!

Laz

I do operate my own business and would not use free matter for the
blind under any circumstances. Instead I use the USPS and pay for the
postage myself, except on international orders but I do subsidize the
international postage as well.

I had too many experiences before I started my business when I did use
free matter for the blind personally, of packages getting lost,
packages coming back postage due, etc, that I decided I would never
use it in my business.

In answer to someone else's comments in this thread about
blindbusinesses not caring about blind people or offering payment
plans, we do offer lay-away plans but only for orders totaling $200 or
more such as for a Victor Reader Stream, Victor Reader Trek, etc.

I am blind, am not rich by any stretch of the imagination, and I do care.

Laz

On 3/5/20, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@centurylink.net> wrote:
the government pays for free matter. that is not or does not include things
you pay for as it is free matter.
if I am selling you or anyone else I cannot send that free matter as it is
not free but has been paid for.

Hello, I just want to worn anyone who does business that, this company
does not return all your money even with items that could be shipped free
matter for the blind. So LoganTech.

Proxtalker, be warned and go else where! Heather

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970)
(393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Dave Mitchel

Oh Laz, you are worth billions last I heard. lol
I have had boxes delivered that were totally destroyed when sent free matter. it's a minimal cost to send things paid in comparison to what it could cost in damages and fines if the feds decided to really press the issue of free matter for the blind.

[...]

it isn't a question of the Feds pressing the question.  You can send books and equipment.  You can send Braille writers and slates, you can send cassette recorders, I would imagine you can send computers if they are delivered to blind people.  You can even insure free matter for the blind.

I can't comment on delivery problems or how long it may take to receive packages,  I'm saying that those are the problems that are relevant, such as Laas is discussing.  But a lot of items can be sent free matter.  the government doesn't reimburse the post office for every item.  there is a certain amount of money in the budget to offset the general cost of material sent free matter in a year.

On 3/5/20, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@...> wrote:
> the government pays for free matter. that is not or does not include
> things
> you pay for as it is free matter.
> if I am selling you or anyone else I cannot send that free matter as it is
> not free but has been paid for.

jan howells <gale7978@...>

Hi Laz,

How much would I have to pay a month to put a Victor Reader Trek on lay away? How many months would I have?

Jan Howells

brian

You just proved my point that you don't care.  Blind people just don't have 200 dollars we need payments for much than that. Free mater is not the problem thats just an excuse not to use it. That could happen if it is used or not and it does.  I exper better than this from somone who isblind.  If somthing is able to be sent by free mater than it should be.  I would never spend 1,000 dollars for an iphone I just have a basic phone that I make my monthly payments on.  For the record 200 dollars would be about a third of the monthly income of the blind so thats is taking advantage of the blind.  What about braille?  If somone requested braille would you provide it?  If not than you are no better than all of the rest of the other companies.  We need braille and not audio.

Brian Sackrider

On 3/5/2020 5:57 PM, Laz wrote:
[...]

Hi Jan, That of course would depend on your finances and how soon you
wanted to pay it off.

I work with the customer and their nees and wants so each customer
determines how much and how often their payments get made.

Regards,

Laz

On 3/5/20, jan howells via Groups.Io <gale7978=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Laz,

How much would I have to pay a month to put a Victor Reader Trek
on lay away? How many months would I have?

Jan Howells

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Laz

And with that, we all now have a better idea of what this person is
like. No matter what anyone says he will continue to come up with
negative commentary and personal attacks.

Ah well,

Laz

On 3/5/2020 5:57 PM, Laz wrote:
[...]

Would I be able to pay say $50 a month? I understand that you do not send the equipment until paid off. If I were not to pay, I would lose what I have paid plus the equipment. I have forgotten how much the unit is. Perhaps I would pay more.

Jan

Laz

Of course Jan. Each customer pays what they can, when they can. I keep
track of the payments and when the total price is reached, out goes
the package.

However I believe you're confusing me with another blind business
owned by someone else. We do not rip you off if you don't complete
your payments. I have yet to determine if I should charge anything for
the work involved in keeping track of the payments but it would not be
anywhere near all the money the customer has paid on the lay-away plan
as that would be very criminal. Perhaps 5 or 10 bucks depending on how
much work I had to do.

Regards,

Laz

On 3/5/20, jan howells via Groups.Io <gale7978=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Laz,

Would I be able to pay say $50 a month? I understand that you do
not send the equipment until paid off. If I were not to pay, I
would lose what I have paid plus the equipment. I have forgotten
how much the unit is. Perhaps I would pay more.

Jan

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Carolyn Arnold

True, Laz. You do not charge shipping, a real plus.

Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Carolyn Arnold

The problem is that the Victor Stream costs the merchant more than $200.