Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 7:26 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] firefox portable or full

guys can anyone or jene share again
thanks

Kerryn Gunness

thankss jene

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, March 7, 2020 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] firefox portable or full

The page to download Firefox portable is:

There may be something on the page about downloading the portable apps installer but don't worry about that.

I believe you should use the link that says something like
Download from PortableApps.com

Its been a long time but I believe that is the link to use.

Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 7:26 PM

guys can anyone or jene share again
thanks

Kerryn Gunness

jene

i downloaded the portable program
when  i installed it, yup i was asked to install it, which i did
i clicked on the file to open the program i got a message
it is something like this
close all instances of firefox portable, firefox cannot update when it is open
there are 2 buttons, ok and cancel

what to do here

Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 7:26 PM

guys can anyone or jene share again
thanks

Gene

I'm not sure.  Perhaps the easiest thing to do is to send you a link to download a version on my Dropbox account.  I'll have to see if I have the exe files for any recent portable versions that I can upload.  Once you install it, it will update to the current version.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 7:26 PM

guys can anyone or jene share again
thanks

Gene

Try using this link.  There is an exe file you will run but it should work.  If it doesn't, we'll have to try to figure out why.

Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 7:26 PM

guys can anyone or jene share again
thanks

Kerryn Gunness

hey jene
same problem occured

Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 7:26 PM

guys can anyone or jene share again
thanks

Gene

I don't know what is causing the problem.  I don't know what version of Windows you are using.  I would say to check using Task Manager to be sure nothing related to Firefox is running.  The installer seems to think a version of firefox is running and if there is something running related to firefox, perhaps the Task Manager would indicate that if you check the list of runnning processes.  If you need to know how to do that, let us know what version of Windows you are using.

Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2020 2:31 PM

hey jene
same problem occured

Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 7:26 PM

guys can anyone or jene share again
thanks

Kerryn Gunness

am using win 10, not sure what version
tell me how to check it

Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2020 2:31 PM

hey jene
same problem occured

Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 7:26 PM

guys can anyone or jene share again
thanks

Gene

I don't use Windows 10 but I expect others will tell you.

Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2020 6:32 PM

Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2020 2:31 PM

hey jene
same problem occured

Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 7:26 PM

guys can anyone or jene share again
thanks

Kerryn Gunness

cool

I don't use Windows 10 but I expect others will tell you.

Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2020 6:32 PM

Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2020 2:31 PM

hey jene
same problem occured

Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 7:26 PM

guys can anyone or jene share again
thanks

Alex Stone

I’ve got a tenner on with Ladbrokes which says that the explosion is Gavin’s fault.

On 9 Mar 2020, at 00:16, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io <k_gunness@...> wrote:

cool

I don't use Windows 10 but I expect others will tell you.

Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2020 6:32 PM

Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2020 2:31 PM

hey jene
same problem occured