Texas Time Zone Setting

Mike B.

Howdy All,

A friend in Texas needs to know what time zone setting she should be using, running Windows 7 Pro.  Would someone please tell us so I can let her know?  There something like 137 different time zone selections and I want to make sure.  Thanks much.

lynn white

Hi Mike,

It depends on what part of Texas your friend is in.  Most parts of the state is in the central time zone while much of West Texas is in the mountain time zone.

On 3/12/2020 7:47 AM, Mike B wrote:
Howdy All,

A friend in Texas needs to know what time zone setting she should be using, running Windows 7 Pro.  Would someone please tell us so I can let her know?  There something like 137 different time zone selections and I want to make sure.  Thanks much.

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Dallas, TX is in central time. There are four time zones in the forty-eight states: Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific. Alaska and Hawaii have their own time zones.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Mike B.

Hi Lynn,

She's in the central time zone, Garland Tx.

It depends on what part of Texas your friend is in.  Most parts of the state is in the central time zone while much of West Texas is in the mountain time zone.

On 3/12/2020 7:47 AM, Mike B wrote:
Howdy All,

A friend in Texas needs to know what time zone setting she should be using, running Windows 7 Pro.  Would someone please tell us so I can let her know?  There something like 137 different time zone selections and I want to make sure.  Thanks much.

Mike B.

She's in the central time zone, Garland TX, and she's trying to figure out which of the 137 in the Windows list she's supposed to use.

Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 6:38 AM

Hi all,

Dallas, TX is in central time.  There are four time zones in the
forty-eight states:  Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific.  Alaska
and Hawaii have their own time zones.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL:  akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

lynn white

Hi Mike,

Same here.  We are practically neighbors.  I hope she enjoys her Stream, I think you said that’s what she has.

On Mar 12, 2020, at 11:29 AM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

Hi Lynn,

She's in the central time zone, Garland Tx.

It depends on what part of Texas your friend is in.  Most parts of the state is in the central time zone while much of West Texas is in the mountain time zone.

On 3/12/2020 7:47 AM, Mike B wrote:
Howdy All,

A friend in Texas needs to know what time zone setting she should be using, running Windows 7 Pro.  Would someone please tell us so I can let her know?  There something like 137 different time zone selections and I want to make sure.  Thanks much.

Mike B.

Hi Lynn,

No, it's a Windows 7 computer and the time zone selectedis: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
She doesn't know how this got changed, but the above zone is what she set it to.  Thanks much.

It depends on what part of Texas your friend is in.  Most parts of the state is in the central time zone while much of West Texas is in the mountain time zone.

On 3/12/2020 7:47 AM, Mike B wrote:
Howdy All,

A friend in Texas needs to know what time zone setting she should be using, running Windows 7 Pro.  Would someone please tell us so I can let her know?  There something like 137 different time zone selections and I want to make sure.  Thanks much.

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Mike, if you're in New York, which I think you are. That's Eastern. She's one hour behind you in TX.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Central Daylight Time. What's the problem here. It should list all the U.S. time zones in the same area of the list.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi Lynn, the only part of west Texas that is in the mountain time zone is El Paso.

On Mar 12, 2020, at 8:01 AM, lynn white <lynnwhite360@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mike,

It depends on what part of Texas your friend is in. Most parts of the state is in the central time zone while much of West Texas is in the mountain time zone.

On 3/12/2020 7:47 AM, Mike B wrote:
Howdy All,

A friend in Texas needs to know what time zone setting she should be using, running Windows 7 Pro. Would someone please tell us so I can let her know? There something like 137 different time zone selections and I want to make sure. Thanks much.

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi Mike, she needs to be using it central standard time zone

On Mar 12, 2020, at 7:47 AM, Mike B <mb69mach1@fastmail.com> wrote:

Howdy All,

A friend in Texas needs to know what time zone setting she should be using, running Windows 7 Pro. Would someone please tell us so I can let her know? There something like 137 different time zone selections and I want to make sure. Thanks much.

lynn white

Actually Ann, Mike and I answered the time zone issue in Texas. His friend is in north Texas which is central time zone.

On 3/12/2020 2:29 PM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Mike, if you're in New York, which I think you are.  That's Eastern.  She's one hour behind you in TX.

Ann P.

lynn white

Ann,

There is no other issue other than the friend did not know what time they were in.

On 3/12/2020 2:30 PM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Central Daylight Time.  What's the problem here.  It should list all the U.S. time zones in the same area of the list.

Ann P.

lynn white

Hi,

true enough.  Thanks.

On 3/12/2020 2:42 PM, joseph hudson wrote:
Hi Lynn, the only part of west Texas that is in the mountain time zone is El Paso.
On Mar 12, 2020, at 8:01 AM, lynn white <lynnwhite360@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mike,

It depends on what part of Texas your friend is in. Most parts of the state is in the central time zone while much of West Texas is in the mountain time zone.

On 3/12/2020 7:47 AM, Mike B wrote:
Howdy All,

A friend in Texas needs to know what time zone setting she should be using, running Windows 7 Pro. Would someone please tell us so I can let her know? There something like 137 different time zone selections and I want to make sure. Thanks much.

Mike B.

No, I'm in Califonie, so she's 2 hours ahead of me!  LOL

Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 12:29 PM

Hi all,

Mike, if you're in New York, which I think you are.  That's Eastern.
She's one hour behind you in TX.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL:  akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Monte Single

Hi Mike,

I hear  Calrfoni is moving to a fixed time zone,  no more  changing clocks twice a year.

Us Saskatchewanians have been there for decades.

No, I'm in Califonie, so she's 2 hours ahead of me!  LOL

Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 12:29 PM

Hi all,

Mike, if you're in New York, which I think you are.  That's Eastern.
She's one hour behind you in TX.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL:  akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Mike B.

There's been on and off talk for several years of either abandoning DSL entirely or just staying on DSL year around, but like everything else it's been just like political speak, a lot of hot air.

Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 1:29 PM

Hi Mike,

I hear  Calrfoni is moving to a fixed time zone,  no more  changing clocks twice a year.

Us Saskatchewanians have been there for decades.

No, I'm in Califonie, so she's 2 hours ahead of me!  LOL

Mike, if you're in New York, which I think you are.  That's Eastern.
She's one hour behind you in TX.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL:  akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Carolyn Arnold

Zone 6, Central Time.

A friend in Texas needs to know what time zone setting she
should be using, running Windows 7 Pro. Would someone
please tell us so I can let her know? There something like
137 different time zone selections and I want to make sure.
Thanks much.

Well, Gen. Mike, what city in Texas does the individual live in? I ask
'cause El Paso, which I believe is both an city and county in Texas uses
Mountain Time whereas the remainder of the state is on the Central clock.

Ok, I'm migrating to Arizona where I don't ever need to touch the clock for
a time change!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Mike B.

Salute Admiral,

She's in the central time zone / Garland, but she's all fixed up now.