help please? windows log-on speech not loading properly

Adrien

Hi

When I start my pc up, when I turn it on, the log-on speech is very slow to load, I have to keep pressing tab before I can get it to speak, it should put focus straight on the password box, I get the windows start up sound, it says windows starting, then the speech itself takes for ever to load. I asked microsoft disability support, they said it was because I have too many programs loading on start up, but I have disabled loads of programs under msconfig and task manager, any ideas please? It is a windows 10 pro laptop.

Regards

Adrien G0mun

I run a group on groups.io, to join the group:

best-circle-of-friends+subscribe@groups.io

facebook page at bestcircleoffriends, just do a search for it.

twitter

@AdrienCollins12

Skype with me on adriencollins06Hi

That’s why I have a low regard for technical support.  They love to give answers bhy formula, whether the answers match your problem or not, and whether the answers make logical sense or not.  I don’t know how long you have to wait, but with a modern computer, you would have to be loading an enormous amount of programs to have a long delay, as you appear to be describing.  Also, if this is a new problem, why suddenly, would loding of whatever you have been loding be a problem.  It wouldn’t, unless you have dramatically increased what is loaded.

And their answer is completely beside the point.  They should know that the programs they are discussing don’t load on the login screen.  They load after you log in.  So they told you to do something that is a complete waste of time.

I don’t know what the problem is and I don’t know if you will ever know.  Keep these alternatives in mind to almost eliminate the problem by working around it.

I don’t know what Windows 10 calls these things, but instead of shutting down regularly, use hibernate or sleep.  You should do a reboot of your computer off and on because if you don’t, performance problems will develop.  I can’t tell you how often.  You can experiment and see.  You may be able to go for many days before performance problems develop.  You may be able to go for five days or a week.  You may have to reboot sooner.  Rebooting a computer or completely shutting it off daily is completely unnecessary and accomplishes nothing.

When I start my pc up, when I turn it on, the log-on speech is very slow to load, I have to keep pressing tab before I can get it to speak, it should put focus straight on the password box, I get the windows start up sound, it says windows starting, then the speech itself takes for ever to load. I asked microsoft disability support, they said it was because I have too many programs loading on start up, but I have disabled loads of programs under msconfig and task manager, any ideas please? It is a windows 10 pro laptop.

Regards

Adrien G0mun

I run a group on groups.io, to join the group:

best-circle-of-friends+subscribe@groups.io

facebook page at bestcircleoffriends, just do a search for it.

twitter

@AdrienCollins12

Skype with me on adriencollins06Hi

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

Hi Adrien.  I had the same exact problem last year, and my boot time got a lot better when I turned off “fast startup.”  I know that it kind of sounds contradictory because you would think that fast startup would be a good thing, but it seems that, with it enabled, your computer never shuts down all the way.  I know that many out there are smarter than I am and will have better ideas, but this one really helped me.  Anyhow, if you want to try it, here’s how I was told to do it, and it helped.

  1. Do Windows key with X.
  2. Arrow down to Power Options and hit enter.
  3. Tab over to additional power settings and hit enter.
  4. Tab once to choose what the power buttons do and hit enter.
  5. Now, you land on a link called “Change settings that are currently unavailable” and hit enter.
  6. Tab over to turn on fast startup (recommended), and make sure that it is unchecked with your spacebar.  You want this item to be unchecked.
  7. Tab over to “save changes” and hit spacebar.
  8. Now, you can alt-F4 out of settings.  Shut down your computer the proper way and restart.

I hope this helps.

When I start my pc up, when I turn it on, the log-on speech is very slow to load, I have to keep pressing tab before I can get it to speak, it should put focus straight on the password box, I get the windows start up sound, it says windows starting, then the speech itself takes for ever to load. I asked microsoft disability support, they said it was because I have too many programs loading on start up, but I have disabled loads of programs under msconfig and task manager, any ideas please? It is a windows 10 pro laptop.

Regards

Adrien G0mun

I run a group on groups.io, to join the group:

best-circle-of-friends+subscribe@groups.io

facebook page at bestcircleoffriends, just do a search for it.

twitter

@AdrienCollins12

Skype with me on adriencollins06Hi

brian

    If fast start up is checked you might get any windows music or messages like windowsis working on updates don't turn off yourcomputer.  I have my fast start up uncheched for both reasons.  When it was on I did not get either music or windows working on updates messages.  We need both of theese to know if our computers are coming on or not.  If there was a problem we won't know it all that we would hear is just the fan.  Fast start up does not seem to boot up your computer much faster anyway unless you have a solid state drive.  I never use fast start up it's not good forblind people.

Brian Sackrider

On 3/21/2020 10:53 AM, Steven Johnson wrote:

[...]

Hi gene

Yes I have no issues at all if I use sleep or hibinate, the log-on screen comes up almost immediately. To me it appears like it is a driver issue, it seemed to start a while back when I up-graded to windows 10 but it has gradually got worse over time. I have had to take my other pc to be reformatted as windows 10 has become very sluggish and the pc is unusable. Thanks for your help.

[...]

Ok thanks, will give this a try, can’t do it any harm.