The Blaze ET, do you like it?

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

One of my dear friends is lending me a Blaze ET on a long-term basis if I get it repaired by HIMS.  I figure that it will cost around $100 because it has a damaged charging port.  After looking at the user guide online, it sounds pretty neat.  I know that its operating system is Android.  Does it tend to be pretty stable, or does it freeze up a lot?  I see that it has Bluetooth capability.  Can it be paired to a Bluetooth speaker, or is that functionality only geared toward HIMS braille displays?  Thanks for your feedback.

Mr. Steven Johnson, the BlazeET DOES NOT, as far as I know, run the Android
OS! Rather, it runs Windows cE which Microsoft NO LONGER supported even
before the BlazeET and its cousin were released.

Better be sure to check with HIMS regarding repairs; it's possible that it
is NO LONGER being supported especially now that HIMS main concentration,
which is NEITHER GREAT NOR GOOD, is exclusively on the Polaris!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Laz

Sorry but i believe it does run some sort of Android version. I was
not very impressed with the one I owned for about 3 months. It
basically just sat on my desk not being used until I sold it and the
accessories for about half what the retail price was and which is what
it was really worth. The OCR aspect of it did work fine from my test
when I first got it though.

Laz

On 3/23/20, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
<ukekearuaro@valtdnet.com> wrote:
Mr. Steven Johnson, the BlazeET DOES NOT, as far as I know, run the Android
OS! Rather, it runs Windows cE which Microsoft NO LONGER supported even
before the BlazeET and its cousin were released.

Better be sure to check with HIMS regarding repairs; it's possible that it
is NO LONGER being supported especially now that HIMS main concentration,
which is NEITHER GREAT NOR GOOD, is exclusively on the Polaris!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

Thanks Laz and Olusegun for your thoughts. HIMS would fix it, but they charge quite a bit, and they make noise like most products that come in for repair need a new main board. The person who lent it to me just told me to do what I want with it, so I am going to take it to a local electronics repair shop where the older gentleman who runs it is a wizard with a soldering iron. I have nothing to lose, and Lester the shop proprietor gets to make a buck during these rough times, and crack open something he has probably never seen before. It just needs the charging port resoldered.

--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

jan howells <gale7978@...>

I am still trying to figure out if I like it. I am having trouble figuring out how I can put my own internet stations in it. It seems like it has its own built in ones. I am not interested in those. I want to put my own into it. Does anyone know how to do that? I got a Getting Started Quick Guide in braille with it, and I do not know where my caregivers put it. I fear that someone threw it away, because I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone have one? I had it next to mth chair on the floor, and it is gone. If they picked it up to vacuum or shampoo the carpet so that it would not get wet, I have no clue where they put it. Thez do not even remember where they put it. But it has to be here somewhere. But I have looked everywhere. I have only had the unit for a few weeks. The Victor Reader Stream seems much easier to operate. You can definitely put in your own internet radio stations. I like the fcct that you can record from the fm on the Blaze ET. And I like the OCR camera.

Jan

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

Hi Jan. As you know, I'm a Blaze ET beginner, but it seems that putting
your favorite Internet stations on the Blaze is a pain in the posterior if
your favorite station doesn't offer a .pls or .m3u playlist link to their
stream. If one of your favorite stations offers a listen link that says
something about .pls or .m3u , try to put your cursor on that link, hit your
applications key if you use Windows, arrow up to "save target as" and hit
enter. If the file that is saved ends with the extension .pls or .m3u, copy
it to the Webradio folder on your Blaze and pray that the Blaze gives it to
you when you open the Web Radio app.

[...]

Thank you so very much for this info about the Blaze et internet displs and dismp3u. I will ask the director of the station that I want if their station has that extension. Would that make sense for me to do?

Jan

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

Most certainly. Which station do you like? I don't mind looking to see if
they have a stream link in playlist format. If they do, I can send you the
file to copy to your Blaze.