how do you put your contacts into outlook?

Jim Rawls

Hi all, I will be getting a new computer today, and I will be using outlook as my email client. It’s been so long since I did this and I’ve forgotten how to bring over my contacts from my old computer to the  new one. I will be using a windows ten computer and jaws 2020. Thanks for your help. Jim

Smiling?

Exporting Outlook Contacts

1. From within the inbox, Alt+F for File menu.

2. O for Open and right arrow, or enter.

3. Down arrow to Import and hit enter. This is going to open up Outlook's Import and Export Wizard.

4. Arrow to Export to a file and tab to Next.

5. Arrow to Comma separated values (DOS) and tab to Next.

6. Highlight your Contacts folder and tab to Next.

7. Select your desired location and name where you wish to save your contacts Outlook backup file.

8. Tab to Finish.

Importing contacts for most versions of Outlook.

1. From within the inbox, Alt+F for File menu.

2. O for Open and right arrow, or enter.

3. Now arrow to the list of choices and choose Import hitting enter.

4. Select the Import from another program or file option.

5. Arrow down and choose the Comma Separated Values (DOS) option.

6. Now it's going to give you the option to find the .CSV file it is that you are  planning on importing from.

7. You are going to need to tell it in which directory to save your contacts (which will most likely be Contacts).

8. Tab to finish and it should just automatically import your contacts.