How to put the address of the message in view into Contacts, when using Outlook 2016? ?

Vicky Vaughan

Hi Folks, I am using Jaws 2020 with Outlook 2016 . I would like to know if there is a keystroke that would take the address of the message that is being read and put it into Contacts.

Thanks for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

Smiling?

Not that I know of, but if using JAWS, the keystroke of

Control+Shift+C will open up a dialogue that will allow you to create a new contact where you the user, are going to need to add the various bits of information for this new contact.

Hi Folks, I am using Jaws 2020 with Outlook 2016 . I would like to know if there is a keystroke that would take the address of the message that is being read and put it into Contacts.

Thanks for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

david

Hello;

the following works with outlook 2013 2016, 2019,

1, enter on a message which contains an email address you wish to add to contacts,

2, use the keystroke, ctrl+shift+y=copy to dialog,

3, now press the letter c=contact press enter,

here you will see/read, first and last name,

if you use the tab key you will see/read the email address,

you can also add other criteria, such as, phone number, address, etc.

if your happy with the info on the screen, just press alt+s=save,

you will be placed back into the message.

to add BCCcField,

alt+p=options, now press the letter B=BBC,

Not that I know of, but if using JAWS, the keystroke of

Control+Shift+C will open up a dialogue that will allow you to create a new contact where you the user, are going to need to add the various bits of information for this new contact.

Hi Folks, I am using Jaws 2020 with Outlook 2016 . I would like to know if there is a keystroke that would take the address of the message that is being read and put it into Contacts.

Thanks for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

Abbie Taylor

I use Outlook with Office 365. I'm not sure if it's the same as what you're using. But in case it is, navigate to the top of the message. Then shift tab until you come to a button labeled with the sender's address. Open the context menu, and you should find the option to add the sender to your contacts. This opens the usual add contact screen with the person's name and email address filled in. If you don't need to change or add anything, simply press alt plus h followed by a, then v, and you're done. I hope that helps.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

david

Steps to add a contact to your outlook contacts folder,

1, open outlook,

2, enter on a message which contact information you wish to add.

3, use the keystroke, ctrl+shift+y

you will hear something like, copy to dialog,

4, now press the letter "c" until you hear contacts, press enter,

now the information will be their,

the name, and if you tab you will see the email address.

you can add other information,

when you are finished, alt+s=save,

now, your placed back into the message.

***

2, create new folder,
ctrl+shift+e=create new folder,

type in folder name,

now use the tab-key to edit the information,
note, when you come to,
Select where to place the folder:
make sure you arrow to the top of the folder list where it reads,
your email address opened,
this places the folder into the folder view, it will be into the same level
as the rest of your folders.
if the folder is placed inside the inbox, you will  hear,
inbox closed, and you will need to right arrow to open folder.