National Braille Press books

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

In top tech tidbits for today it's mentioned that national braille press is offering 3 books free I guess for the digital downloads. I went to the site though and added one of the books to my shopping cart and it showed a price of $6. I guess that's for the braille copy but how do I get the digital download of the book? I'm interested in 2 out of the 3 books that are being offered, the one on the iPhone and the one on deliveries.

Thanks.

Troy

Lisa Belville

Troy, Braille is the default book format.  There's a combo box where you can choose which format you want.  Press enter to open the combo box and down arrow to the choice you want.  Each choice is clearly explained.  You would probably want the E-Braille, Word or DAISY download.  Select the option you want and press enter to make your selection. Then you can add the book to your cart.  Even though the download is free, you'll need to go through the check out process and either set up a new account with NBP or log in to your existing account in order to download the book. NBP sends you an Email with the link to your download page.  Log in with your user name and password and click the download button.

Lisa

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@frontier.com

On 3/26/2020 8:32 AM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

In top tech tidbits for today it's mentioned that national braille press is offering 3 books free I guess for the digital downloads. I went to the site though and added one of the books to my shopping cart and it showed a price of $6. I guess that's for the braille copy but how do I get the digital download of the book? I'm interested in 2 out of the 3 books that are being offered, the one on the iPhone and the one on deliveries.

Thanks.

Troy

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

RE the free NBP books and getting them downloaded: what you have to do is use the conbo box on the book page that lists the format of the book. Open the combo box and arrow down to Electronic or some such. The cart will then show $0.00. I had to fiddle around a bit till I got it right. Amazing what people don't tell you when they give out info. Try it again.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring