From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of William
Vandervest
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 14:00
To: TechTalk Group <TechTalk@groups.io>; electronics-talk@nfbnet.org
Subject: [TechTalk] hard drive cloning

I am thinking about installing a larger hard drive on my laptop, how do I
clone my 500 Gig Dr. over to a 1 TB drive?
thanks

William Vandervest

How accessible is this software, and do you know how much it costs?
Will it produce a bootable image?
Thanks

Gene

If I had a computer and I wanted more storage space, I would get a USB
external hard drive. You can just copy and paste all the material,
I'm talking about things like audio, video, documents, etc. to the
external drive and you can get terabite (spelling drives or larger.

Gene

On 4/4/20, Smiling? <blind7@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
You will need to get yourself a software that will successfully image your
one drive so you can then place this same data upon the new drive and then
you will most likely want to resize the drive after transferring your image
seeing as you stated that you were interested in going from a 500GB to a
1TB
drive.

I myself would use Image for Windows to accomplish this, but there are more
software's out there than just Image for Windows and some cost nothing.

TeraByte Unlimited :: TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite ::
Image
for Windows:
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm