zoom and Jaws

Melissa

Hello list. Can someone tell me if there is a way so that my clients
do not hear my Jaws when we are in a zoom conference? At the same
time, I need to be able to monitor what is going on. Is this even
possible? I would appreciate your help.
Melissa

Gene

Are you using a speaker or headphones? If you are using speakers, do
you know if it is the microphone picking up JAWS that is the problem
or are you using a What You Hear feature which is picking up JAWS from
your sound card and sending it to the room.

Gene

On 4/3/20, Melissa <angel.melissa0107@...> wrote:
Hello list. Can someone tell me if there is a way so that my clients
do not hear my Jaws when we are in a zoom conference? At the same
time, I need to be able to monitor what is going on. Is this even
possible? I would appreciate your help.
Melissa

Melissa

I'm using headphones.

On 4/3/20, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Are you using a speaker or headphones? If you are using speakers, do
you know if it is the microphone picking up JAWS that is the problem
or are you using a What You Hear feature which is picking up JAWS from
your sound card and sending it to the room.

Gene

On 4/3/20, Melissa <angel.melissa0107@...> wrote:
Hello list. Can someone tell me if there is a way so that my clients
do not hear my Jaws when we are in a zoom conference? At the same
time, I need to be able to monitor what is going on. Is this even
possible? I would appreciate your help.
Melissa

Angelo Sonnesso

Do you have more than one sound device?

73 N2DYN Angelo

Hello list. Can someone tell me if there is a way so that my clients do not
hear my Jaws when we are in a zoom conference? At the same time, I need to be
able to monitor what is going on. Is this even possible? I would appreciate
your help.
Melissa

Gene

What kind of microphone are you using?  Is it separate or built into the headphone frame?  I’m using Windows 7.  If you have Windows 10, I’ll wait to see if those with that version give you information about how to do this.  The instructions I give may well be similar so you can likely use them pretty much as written, but I’ll wait to see what other information you get.

Gene
------
> Are you using a speaker or headphones?  If you are using speakers, do
> you know if it is the microphone picking up JAWS that is the problem
> or are you using a What You Hear feature which is picking up JAWS from
> your sound card and sending it to the room.
>
> Gene
>
> On 4/3/20, Melissa <angel.melissa0107@...> wrote:
>> Hello list. Can someone tell me if there is a way so that my clients
>> do not hear my Jaws when we are in a zoom conference? At the same
>> time, I need to be able to monitor what is going on. Is this even
>> possible? I would appreciate your help.
>> Melissa

Melissa

The mic in both of my computers is bulet i and under Jaws utilities,
windows sound car is checked and there is an option for realtech
speakers which are built in. It doesn't seem to make a difference. My
headphones do not show up as an option.

On 4/3/20, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Are you using a speaker or headphones? If you are using speakers, do
you know if it is the microphone picking up JAWS that is the problem
or are you using a What You Hear feature which is picking up JAWS from
your sound card and sending it to the room.

Gene

On 4/3/20, Melissa <angel.melissa0107@...> wrote:
Hello list. Can someone tell me if there is a way so that my clients
do not hear my Jaws when we are in a zoom conference? At the same
time, I need to be able to monitor what is going on. Is this even
possible? I would appreciate your help.
Melissa

Melissa

I have windows10

On 4/3/20, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
[...]

It has nothing to do with JAWS settings. In recording settings in the
Windows sounds setting dialog, you need to see what is set as the
default device.

On 4/3/20, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Are you using a speaker or headphones? If you are using speakers, do
you know if it is the microphone picking up JAWS that is the problem
or are you using a What You Hear feature which is picking up JAWS from
your sound card and sending it to the room.

Gene

On 4/3/20, Melissa <angel.melissa0107@...> wrote:
Hello list. Can someone tell me if there is a way so that my clients
do not hear my Jaws when we are in a zoom conference? At the same
time, I need to be able to monitor what is going on. Is this even
possible? I would appreciate your help.
Melissa

Kerryann Ifill <ksbf@...>

Hi Melissa,

If you’re using wired headphones, that may the challenge. However it bluetooth or USB, then that may prove less of a challenge for you.

I used a usb headset hthisweek so I put jaws in these and the participants on the system speaker.
Hth

Kerry

On 3 Apr 2020, at 5:46 PM, Melissa <angel.melissa0107@...> wrote:

Hello list. Can someone tell me if there is a way so that my clients
do not hear my Jaws when we are in a zoom conference? At the same
time, I need to be able to monitor what is going on. Is this even
possible? I would appreciate your help.
Melissa

Melissa

ok thank you.

On 4/4/20, Kerryann Ifill <ksbf@...> wrote:
Hi Melissa,

If you’re using wired headphones, that may the challenge. However it
bluetooth or USB, then that may prove less of a challenge for you.

I used a usb headset hthisweek so I put jaws in these and the participants
on the system speaker.
Hth

Kerry

On 3 Apr 2020, at 5:46 PM, Melissa <angel.melissa0107@...> wrote:

Hello list. Can someone tell me if there is a way so that my clients
do not hear my Jaws when we are in a zoom conference? At the same
time, I need to be able to monitor what is going on. Is this even
possible? I would appreciate your help.
Melissa

Angelo Sonnesso

How did you do that?

73 N2DYN Angelo

If you're using wired headphones, that may the challenge. However it
bluetooth or USB, then that may prove less of a challenge for you.

I used a usb headset hthisweek so I put jaws in these and the
participants on the system speaker.
Hth

Kerry

On 3 Apr 2020, at 5:46 PM, Melissa <angel.melissa0107@...> wrote:

Hello list. Can someone tell me if there is a way so that my clients
do not hear my Jaws when we are in a zoom conference? At the same
time, I need to be able to monitor what is going on. Is this even
possible? I would appreciate your help.
Melissa

Angelo Sonnesso

I forgot about the option in the utility menu.

73 N2DYN Angelo