Facebook Question

Shelly Kane

Hi Group:

I'm not sure if this can be done or if any of you know how to do this but was wondering how to copy and paste something on my time-line?  What I mean by that is when you see your friend's post and it says to copy and paste on yours and not share.  I guess my question is can this be done with voice over or on the computer using Jaws?  If so, which would be easiest and I need simple directions because I'm not tech savvy.

I wasn't sure if I should put this in another email but have another question about an app.  Have any of you heard of house party before?  I have been using it to connect with family that I haven't seen since this crisis began.  I'm having trouble with it because I don't know how to invite my friends to the party.  They always invite me and then I can join the conversation.  If any of you know how to use this app, could someone please tell me more about it and what else I can do with it?  I even got to play a game with them which was fun.  Voice over worked pretty well.  The game was called good taste.  If you don't know, that's OK.  Just thought I would ask.  I sent this to Blind Apples and didn't have much luck there.  Thanks in advance and stay healthy.

Shelly

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

A three finger double tap will copy the text and then you use the rotor and going to the edit field and paste it. I haven't downloaded house party yet I'm planning to look into it this weekend. I've just been extremely busy trying to help out with other thanks such a zoom I did not forget about you due to the coronavirus and everybody wanting to use it. I did not forget about you I promise

On Apr 4, 2020, at 3:46 AM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Abbie Taylor

To do this on the PC, when you find the text you want to copy, make sure your cursor is at the beginning of the text. Press Shift Plus Down Arrow. This selects the text, and your screen reader should read the text being selected and tell you it's selected. When you reach the end of the text you want to select, press Control Plus C to copy. Go to your timeline and press Control Plus V to paste the text into the edit field where you write your post. If you need more help, you can email me off list.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

Shelly Kane

Thanks for getting back to me.  Honestly, I am on the phone more than the computer.  Do you know an easy to do it on the phone?  Thanks in advance.

Shelly

On 4/4/2020 12:50 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
To do this on the PC, when you find the text you want to copy, make sure your cursor is at the beginning of the text. Press Shift Plus Down Arrow. This selects the text, and your screen reader should read the text being selected and tell you it's selected. When you reach the end of the text you want to select, press Control Plus C to copy. Go to your timeline and press Control Plus V to paste the text into the edit field where you write your post. If you need more help, you can email me off list.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Shelly, I gave you the instructions for the phone for Facebook last night did you not see my reply? If not let me know or if there's something that you don't understand please give me a call and I will help you.

joseph hudson

Technology support for the blind or better known as Mack, IOS and Windows support

FaceTime, iMessage, and email

jhud7789@twc.com

Telephone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency cell

254-813-2461

Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

Facebook

On Apr 4, 2020, at 6:10 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me. Honestly, I am on the phone more than the computer. Do you know an easy to do it on the phone? Thanks in advance.

Shelly

On 4/4/2020 12:50 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
To do this on the PC, when you find the text you want to copy, make sure your cursor is at the beginning of the text. Press Shift Plus Down Arrow. This selects the text, and your screen reader should read the text being selected and tell you it's selected. When you reach the end of the text you want to select, press Control Plus C to copy. Go to your timeline and press Control Plus V to paste the text into the edit field where you write your post. If you need more help, you can email me off list.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@gmail.com

Shelly Kane

Joseph:

I tried what you suggested on the phone and nothing happened. When I was on the text that I wanted to copy and paste, I did the 3 finger triple tap and that turned screen curtain on and then I tried a 2 finger triple tap and the speech turned off.  I'm not tech savvy at all.  Sorry about this.  I can usually follow directions if they are simple.

On 4/4/2020 3:15 PM, joseph hudson wrote:
[...]

Shelly, I gave you the wrong command my bad. It’s a three finger quadruple tap or coffee to text.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 4, 2020, at 6:10 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@...> wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me.  Honestly, I am on the phone more than the computer.  Do you know an easy to do it on the phone?  Thanks in advance.

Shelly

On 4/4/2020 12:50 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
To do this on the PC, when you find the text you want to copy, make sure your cursor is at the beginning of the text. Press Shift Plus Down Arrow. This selects the text, and your screen reader should read the text being selected and tell you it's selected. When you reach the end of the text you want to select, press Control Plus C to copy. Go to your timeline and press Control Plus V to paste the text into the edit field where you write your post. If you need more help, you can email me off list.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@...

Ron Canazzi

Hi Shelly,

The way to copy text from a text field is to make sure you are located within the text field and then use the rotor to choose edit and then use single finger up/down swipe to highlight items within the edit menu and then double single finger tap to perform the action.  One of the items is copy.  Other items are cut (use this if you make a mistake in a text field) select (depending upon what movement mode is selected: character, word, line--you can use the movement gestures once select is chosen to select text within the text field and then use the edit menu again to perform an action such as cut, copy and so on. And select all is a menu item within the edit menu which you can use to copy the entire field or cut the entire field to clipboard.  And finally there's the paste item within the edit menu which you can use to paste into another text field--perhaps within notes, or an e-mail message.

Everybody should get familiar with the rotor and the edit menu.  I got acquainted with it right after I got my iPhone and it has made messages I sent from my iPhone much cleaner and error free.  Even when using dictation for long messages, I go back into the test field and edit any mistakes.  Works quite well once you get used to it.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

shelly
try 3 finger quadripple tap to copy text

[...]

Thanks for your advice.  I have had problems with the rotor since I have had my phone.  It's very difficult for me.  Glad that you were able to learn it and it works well for you.