Sonos problem

Fanus

Hello list
I loaded lots of music on my new iPhone 11. Now I installed the Sonos app
and it piciked up my sonos system but it just shows radio stations but no
music on my phone. In system settings there is an option to add folders but
one has to type a name, so I assume that is for folders on a pc which runs
sonos. How do I get sonos to see the music on my iPhone?
Regards
Fanus

Robin Frost

Hi,

I don't think you can. You can use airplay to play that which is on your phone through Sonos but I don't think you can get music resident on your phone to show up within the Sonos app. If I'm incorrect I'm sure others will chime in but this is the only way I've known it to be. o you're correct you can add the library you might have on a pc or networked drive as long as it's powered on it can be accessed but I do not believe the same holds true for the phone.

Take good care.

Robin

On 4/4/2020 6:39 AM, Fanus wrote:
Hello list
I loaded lots of music on my new iPhone 11. Now I installed the Sonos app
and it piciked up my sonos system but it just shows radio stations but no
music on my phone. In system settings there is an option to add folders but
one has to type a name, so I assume that is for folders on a pc which runs
sonos. How do I get sonos to see the music on my iPhone?
Regards
Fanus

Fanus

Hello Robin

I hear what you say but I am sure there was an item in Sonos on my iPhone 7 which said something like “music on this iPhone”. I do not know what is the use of the sonos app if I can only stream radio stations and music from my pc. Maybe I am just stupid but the sonos support people make it so difficult to ask for support that it is not worth while all the trouble. A shame for a company with such excellent but expensive products.

Regards

Fanus

On 4/4/2020 6:39 AM, Fanus wrote:

Hello list
I loaded lots of music on my new iPhone 11. Now I installed the Sonos app
and it piciked up my sonos system but it just shows radio stations but no
music on my phone. In system settings there is an option to add folders but
one has to type a name, so I assume that is for folders on a pc which runs
sonos. How do I get sonos to see the music on my iPhone?
Regards
Fanus

george b <gbmagoo@...>

You need to link your apple I d to your sonos and it needs to be done from the p c or mac desktop app

On 4/4/2020 6:39 AM, Fanus wrote:

Hello list
I loaded lots of music on my new iPhone 11. Now I installed the Sonos app
and it piciked up my sonos system but it just shows radio stations but no
music on my phone. In system settings there is an option to add folders but
one has to type a name, so I assume that is for folders on a pc which runs
sonos. How do I get sonos to see the music on my iPhone?
Regards
Fanus

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

There is no longer an option to play from the phone on the Browse tab in the Sonos app. However, if you start your music on the phone, go to Control Center and find the area for media control and click the option to route to another and choose Sonos.

Marie

On 4/4/2020 6:39 AM, Fanus wrote:

Hello list
I loaded lots of music on my new iPhone 11. Now I installed the Sonos app
and it piciked up my sonos system but it just shows radio stations but no
music on my phone. In system settings there is an option to add folders but
one has to type a name, so I assume that is for folders on a pc which runs
sonos. How do I get sonos to see the music on my iPhone?
Regards
Fanus

Fanus

Hello Marie

The email from George reminded me that I did not open the correct item in the Sonos app. Unfortunately I have to differ from you. I opened sonos on the iPhone, then browse and then apple music and there is an item for “my music” and when I open that it gives me access to all the music on my iPhone.

Regards

Fanus

On 4/4/2020 6:39 AM, Fanus wrote:

Hello list
I loaded lots of music on my new iPhone 11. Now I installed the Sonos app
and it piciked up my sonos system but it just shows radio stations but no
music on my phone. In system settings there is an option to add folders but
one has to type a name, so I assume that is for folders on a pc which runs
sonos. How do I get sonos to see the music on my iPhone?
Regards
Fanus

Robin Frost

Hi,

I didn't have to use the pc app to link Sonos with my Apple Music subscription which essentially is my Apple ID. I did it right within the app on my phone.

Robin

On 4/4/2020 6:39 AM, Fanus wrote:

Hello list
I loaded lots of music on my new iPhone 11. Now I installed the Sonos app
and it piciked up my sonos system but it just shows radio stations but no
music on my phone. In system settings there is an option to add folders but
one has to type a name, so I assume that is for folders on a pc which runs
sonos. How do I get sonos to see the music on my iPhone?
Regards
Fanus

Robin Frost

Hi,

Glad you got it sorted then.

Robin

On 4/4/2020 6:39 AM, Fanus wrote:

Hello list
I loaded lots of music on my new iPhone 11. Now I installed the Sonos app
and it piciked up my sonos system but it just shows radio stations but no
music on my phone. In system settings there is an option to add folders but
one has to type a name, so I assume that is for folders on a pc which runs
sonos. How do I get sonos to see the music on my iPhone?
Regards
Fanus

chris judge

I’m not even sure you can do it from the desk top app any longer. I changed my apple id a couple of weeks ago and had to reauthorize apple music. Seems to me I had to use the IOS app do to it.

On 4/4/2020 6:39 AM, Fanus wrote:

Hello list
I loaded lots of music on my new iPhone 11. Now I installed the Sonos app
and it piciked up my sonos system but it just shows radio stations but no
music on my phone. In system settings there is an option to add folders but
one has to type a name, so I assume that is for folders on a pc which runs
sonos. How do I get sonos to see the music on my iPhone?
Regards
Fanus

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

I need to investigate because I went into the Sonos app and that option was not there any longer as it used to be. So maybe I now need to add it as a service?
Thanks,

On 4/4/2020 6:39 AM, Fanus wrote:

Hello list
I loaded lots of music on my new iPhone 11. Now I installed the Sonos app
and it piciked up my sonos system but it just shows radio stations but no
music on my phone. In system settings there is an option to add folders but
one has to type a name, so I assume that is for folders on a pc which runs
sonos. How do I get sonos to see the music on my iPhone?
Regards
Fanus

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Yes you need to add apple and you need to do it on a pc or mac through the sonos  app.