Question about jokes

Shelly Kane

Hi Group:

I posted this to the Blind Apples group but no one knew of anything so I thought I would ask this question here.  Sorry for the repeat message for any of you who are on the other list.  Does any of you know if there is an application that you can get for your phone where you can get jokes every day?  If not, is there something you can join where they could be texted to your phone? If not, that's fine.  I was just inquiring.  It would be nice to have something sent every day just to have some laughter in these tough times.  I used to subscribe many years ago to email lists but I don't do it anymore because I'm on the phone.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Someone suggested Google assistant but I'm not sure how to use that with an Apple device.

Shelly

Ron Canazzi

Hi Shelly,

Most of the old joke lists I used to subscribe to are gone now. Here's one that is still going.  It's called 'Joke of the day.'  You can visit the following address:
https://www.ajokeaday.com/
and fill in the form with your e-mail address.  You will get a confirmation e-mail which you must respond to to receive jokes.

There used to be alot of them back in the day.  I used to send you some of them--remember: Humournet with the big Humor Collages came once a week.  Bawdynet which had the blue stuff. Joke of the day is clean.
There was one called Laugh Page.  The moderator was named Osama Alima. Right after 9/11, his list disappeared and I always wondered why; could it have been because of his first name?
Good luck.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Donna

Would you be interested in accessible joke apps? I have several that I can send you links to.

Donna

 Hi Group:

I posted this to the Blind Apples group but no one knew of anything so I thought I would ask this question here. Sorry for the repeat message for any of you who are on the other list. Does any of you know if there is an application that you can get for your phone where you can get jokes every day? If not, is there something you can join where they could be texted to your phone? If not, that's fine. I was just inquiring. It would be nice to have something sent every day just to have some laughter in these tough times. I used to subscribe many years ago to email lists but I don't do it anymore because I'm on the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Someone suggested Google assistant but I'm not sure how to use that with an Apple device.

Shelly

Mike B.

Mornin Shelly,

Here are a couple of websites that you can sign up to get daily jokes and also a couple of subscribe email addresses for 2 other joke groups.

Sent: Monday, April 06, 2020 1:30 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Question about jokes

Hi Group:

I posted this to the Blind Apples group but no one knew of anything so I
thought I would ask this question here. Sorry for the repeat message
for any of you who are on the other list. Does any of you know if there
is an application that you can get for your phone where you can get
jokes every day? If not, is there something you can join where they
could be texted to your phone? If not, that's fine. I was just
inquiring. It would be nice to have something sent every day just to
have some laughter in these tough times. I used to subscribe many years
ago to email lists but I don't do it anymore because I'm on the phone.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Someone suggested Google
assistant but I'm not sure how to use that with an Apple device.

Shelly

Mike B.

Hi Donna,

Obviously I'm not Shelly, but could you please post links to the joke apps you have or send them to me off list?  Thanks mooy moocho.

Would you be interested in accessible joke apps? I have several that I can send you links to.

Donna

>         Hi Group:
>

> I posted this to the Blind Apples group but no one knew of anything so I thought I would ask this question here.  Sorry for the repeat message for any of you who are on the other list.  Does any of you know if there is an application that you can get for your phone where you can get jokes every day?  If not, is there something you can join where they could be texted to your phone? If not, that's fine.  I was just inquiring.  It would be nice to have something sent every day just to have some laughter in these tough times.  I used to subscribe many years ago to email lists but I don't do it anymore because I'm on the phone.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Someone suggested Google assistant but I'm not sure how to use that with an Apple device.
>
> Shelly

Mike B.

1 more:

Sent: Monday, April 06, 2020 1:30 AM

Hi Group:

I posted this to the Blind Apples group but no one knew of anything so I
thought I would ask this question here. Sorry for the repeat message
for any of you who are on the other list. Does any of you know if there
is an application that you can get for your phone where you can get
jokes every day? If not, is there something you can join where they
could be texted to your phone? If not, that's fine. I was just
inquiring. It would be nice to have something sent every day just to
have some laughter in these tough times. I used to subscribe many years
ago to email lists but I don't do it anymore because I'm on the phone.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Someone suggested Google
assistant but I'm not sure how to use that with an Apple device.

Shelly

Dragos Grecianu

Hey there.

I am interested in the jokes apps, ios or android, it doesn't matter.

Thanks and best regards.

La 4/6/2020 4:12 PM, Donna a scris:

[...]

Ron:

Thank you so much for letting me know.  Yes, I do remember you used to send me numerous jokes.  With a joke a day, is there any way I can have them texted to me on my phone?  I really don't do much email.  If not, that's OK.  Just thought I would ask.  I will also tell you about an application that I found on the phone. It's called jako jokes.  You can install it for free and they will send you a joke a day.  You will have to allow notifications and pick the time you want the joke to come.  You can also go on there and find jokes on your own.  If you can't find this, I would be happy to text you some of what I get.  I would need your number though.  Take care and stay well.

Shelly

On 4/6/2020 2:11 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
[...]

Donna, yes, that would be awesome.  I love all kinds of jokes and I don't get offended easily.  Thank you so much.  Only free apps, please!

Shelly

On 4/6/2020 7:12 AM, Donna wrote:
[...]

Mike:

Thank you so much.  I'm not interested in jokes being emailed to me.  I would rather have them sent to my phone via an app or texted to me.  Will these websites do this?  Thanks in advance.

Shelly

Sent: Monday, April 06, 2020 1:30 AM

Hi Group:

I posted this to the Blind Apples group but no one knew of anything so I
thought I would ask this question here. Sorry for the repeat message
for any of you who are on the other list. Does any of you know if there
is an application that you can get for your phone where you can get
jokes every day? If not, is there something you can join where they
could be texted to your phone? If not, that's fine. I was just
inquiring. It would be nice to have something sent every day just to
have some laughter in these tough times. I used to subscribe many years
ago to email lists but I don't do it anymore because I'm on the phone.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Someone suggested Google
assistant but I'm not sure how to use that with an Apple device.

Shelly

Mich Verrier

Hi I to would like to know what joke apps you have as well please donna. From Mich.

Obviously I'm not Shelly, but could you please post links to the joke apps you have or send them to me off list?  Thanks mooy moocho.

Would you be interested in accessible joke apps? I have several that I can send you links to.

Donna

>         Hi Group:
>

> I posted this to the Blind Apples group but no one knew of anything so I thought I would ask this question here.  Sorry for the repeat message for any of you who are on the other list.  Does any of you know if there is an application that you can get for your phone where you can get jokes every day?  If not, is there something you can join where they could be texted to your phone? If not, that's fine.  I was just inquiring.  It would be nice to have something sent every day just to have some laughter in these tough times.  I used to subscribe many years ago to email lists but I don't do it anymore because I'm on the phone.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Someone suggested Google assistant but I'm not sure how to use that with an Apple device.
>
> Shelly

Ron Canazzi

Hi Shelly,

I am not sure if you can get the jokes by text message.  Visit the website and see what they say.  I know there is a way to send and receive text message via phone to computer and via computer to phone.  It's a bit convoluted.

You have to find the domain name of the carrier that you use and then you can probably put that into the e-mail edit field on the joke-a-day website. I have done this in  the past.  for example, my spectrum phone domain is the same as Verizon.  I don't quite know why this is, but it works that way. There are Internet sources to find the carrier domain.  They actually don't list Spectrum mobile, but I read somewhere that Spectrum is using Verizon facilities, so I tried the
Verizon domain which is vtext.com.  So my e-mail address for my iPhone message would be as follows: <ten digit number including area code>@vtext.com.  I have done this both ways to send my phone text messages and to send e-mail to my PC.

Good luck.

On 4/7/2020 4:31 AM, Shelly Kane wrote:
[...]

Sharon Hooley

Yes Donna, I'd like to have the list of apps, on or off list, please.

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

On Apr 6, 2020, at 7:13 AM, Donna <mermaid7@bellsouth.net> wrote:

[...]

Thank you so much for letting me know about the way of using text messages as your email.  I used to do that a few years ago but the Verizon domain was your number at vzwpix.com.  I'm glad that you told me because I would have used that one.  Now, I will use the vtext.com.  I will be sure and let you know how it goes.

Shelly

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.  When I used to do what you described, the Verizon domain used to be your number at vzwpix.com, did they change that?  I didn't know.  I will definitely give that a try.  Thank you.

[...]

Please disregard this email.  I know it's the same one I sent earlier.  My computer screwed up for some reason and it sent twice.  I apologize.

Shelly

On 4/8/2020 3:14 AM, Shelly Kane via groups.io wrote:
[...]

The Verizon domains of, @vzwpix.com, and @vtext.com, are both valid Verizon domains.  The, @vzwpix.com domain is Verizon's MMS domain which means this domain is used for sending larger text messages, text messages that might contain pictures or text messages that have much more than the 160 characters.

The Verizon domain, @vtext.com, is Verizon's SMS domain for the standard text messages of 160 characters or less.

Spectrum uses the Verizon domains because Spectrum operates its cell business using Verizon towers.

Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2020 2:04 AM

> [...]

>> Shelly
>>
>> On 4/6/2020 2:11 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
>>> Hi Shelly,
>>>
>>> Most of the old joke lists I used to subscribe to are gone now.
>>> Here's one that is still going. It's called 'Joke of the day.' You
>>> can visit the following address:
>>> https://www.ajokeaday.com/
>>> and fill in the form with your e-mail address. You will get a
>>> confirmation e-mail which you must respond to to receive jokes.
>>>
>>> There used to be alot of them back in the day. I used to send you
>>> some of them--remember: Humournet with the big Humor Collages came
>>> once a week. Bawdynet which had the blue stuff. Joke of the day is
>>> clean.
>>> There was one called Laugh Page. The moderator was named Osama
>>> Alima. Right after 9/11, his list disappeared and I always wondered
>>> why; could it have been because of his first name?

Shelly Kane

 Thank you for letting me know.

Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2020 2:04 AM