kindle books

Monte Single

Hi,

When I purchase a kindle book.  Can it be downloaded to my computer or is it always in the cloud?

Thanks for the answer to this and any other information related to the kindle pc app and kindle books.

Dave

Hello Monty,

On my Win 10 System, when I purchase a Book from Amazon, I then Start up
the Kindle for PC program.

I close any Book being read, and doing this puts me into a list of all
of my purchased Books.

As I Arrow up and down the list, I can read each title.

When I come to the New Title, I just Press the Enter Key.

Doing this Downloads the New Book on to my System, under the Fold
DOCUMENTS and then under a Sub Folder named My Kindle Books.

From what I understand, the Customer is allowed to have that Book on
three devices, say a Desk Top  System, a Lap Top, and perhaps a Kindle
Reader.

I doubt if you can just Copy this My Kindle Folder from the one System
to another, and have the Books available, or even recognized.

However, once you Download the Book from Amazon, you do not need to be
connected to the Internet.

Hope this Helps.

Grumpy Dave

David Mehler

Hello,

How are those kindle books read? Are they done via tts or are they audio books?

Thanks.
Dave.

On 4/6/20, Dave <dlh007@centurylink.net> wrote:
Hello Monty,

On my Win 10 System, when I purchase a Book from Amazon, I then Start up
the Kindle for PC program.

I close any Book being read, and doing this puts me into a list of all
of my purchased Books.

As I Arrow up and down the list, I can read each title.

When I come to the New Title, I just Press the Enter Key.

Doing this Downloads the New Book on to my System, under the Fold
DOCUMENTS and then under a Sub Folder named My Kindle Books.

From what I understand, the Customer is allowed to have that Book on
three devices, say a Desk Top  System, a Lap Top, and perhaps a Kindle
Reader.

I doubt if you can just Copy this My Kindle Folder from the one System
to another, and have the Books available, or even recognized.

However, once you Download the Book from Amazon, you do not need to be
connected to the Internet.

Hope this Helps.

Grumpy Dave

Dave

They are Books in a Text format, read by the Kindle for PC, or on a
Kindle Reader.

Both NVDA and JAWS will read most Books in this format.  Every once in a
while, a Book will not read, and sometimes the Kindle for PC will use
its own voice to read the text.  The voice is not all that good, and a
person does not have control over reading the book line by line at will.

And then the occasional Book will not read with a Screen Reader or by
the Kindle program.  Out of 30 or so Books, I have two that is read by
the Kindle for PC, and two that will not read at all. The other 26 read
fine with a Screen Reader.

Grumpy Dave

Monte Single

Hi Dave,

When you buy a kindle book, does it download to your machine, can you move it from one machine to another?

They are Books in a Text format, read by the Kindle for PC, or on a Kindle Reader.

Both NVDA and JAWS will read most Books in this format. Every once in a while, a Book will not read, and sometimes the Kindle for PC will use its own voice to read the text. The voice is not all that good, and a person does not have control over reading the book line by line at will.

And then the occasional Book will not read with a Screen Reader or by the Kindle program. Out of 30 or so Books, I have two that is read by the Kindle for PC, and two that will not read at all. The other 26 read fine with a Screen Reader.

Grumpy Dave

Monte Single

Thanks Dave
Yes, it helps.