From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nancy Hill
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 8:44 PM
To: TechTalk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] which browser to choose?

I am still using IE. I am running Win10 and jfw 19 or 20. I can update with no problem if necessary.

I saw the following in an earlier post:

"Use the latest Edge "Chromium based" just like google chrome with JAWS
2020".

What is the difference between Edge Chromium Base and Google Chromium?
Is one easier to use than the other?

Thanks,

Nancy

Carolyn Arnold

I'm still using IE, and pretty much will be kicking and screaming with a change.

I am still using IE. I am running Win10 and jfw 19 or 20. I can update with no problem if necessary.

I saw the following in an earlier post:

"Use the latest Edge "Chromium based" just like google chrome with JAWS
2020".

What is the difference between Edge Chromium Base and Google Chromium?
Is one easier to use than the other?

Thanks,

Nancy

aisha <2001.aisha123@...>

I am using google crome

I was using firefox, but I switched to crome. I like crome. it's a good brouzer

On 14/04/2020 15:19, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I'm still using IE, and pretty much will be kicking and screaming with a change.

I am still using IE. I am running Win10 and jfw 19 or 20. I can update with no problem if necessary.

I saw the following in an earlier post:

"Use the latest Edge "Chromium based" just like google chrome with JAWS
2020".

What is the difference between Edge Chromium Base and Google Chromium?
Is one easier to use than the other?

Thanks,

Nancy

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

am using both chrome and firefox
they work well

I'm still using IE, and pretty much will be kicking and screaming with a change.

I am still using IE. I am running Win10 and jfw 19 or 20. I can update with no problem if necessary.

I saw the following in an earlier post:

"Use the latest Edge "Chromium based" just like google chrome with JAWS
2020".

What is the difference between Edge Chromium Base and Google Chromium?
Is one easier to use than the other?

Thanks,

Nancy

Pamela Dominguez

So am I. That's all I've ever used. Pam.

I'm still using IE, and pretty much will be kicking and screaming with a change.

I am still using IE. I am running Win10 and jfw 19 or 20. I can update with no problem if necessary.

I saw the following in an earlier post:

"Use the latest Edge "Chromium based" just like google chrome with JAWS
2020".

What is the difference between Edge Chromium Base and Google Chromium?
Is one easier to use than the other?

Thanks,

Nancy

https://www.avg.com

chris judge

I'm guessing you'll be kicking and screaming sooner rather than later. There are a number of excellent resources for learning to use chrome or edge. Dean Martino just released a book called Get cracking with chrome. I think it's available from NBP. It's excellent.

So am I. That's all I've ever used. Pam.

I'm still using IE, and pretty much will be kicking and screaming with a change.

I am still using IE. I am running Win10 and jfw 19 or 20. I can update with no problem if necessary.

I saw the following in an earlier post:

"Use the latest Edge "Chromium based" just like google chrome with JAWS
2020".

What is the difference between Edge Chromium Base and Google Chromium?
Is one easier to use than the other?

Thanks,

Nancy

https://www.avg.com

Dave

I once was a long time I.E. user, then started using Firefox. Which
worked OK.

I now am using a browser called "Brave", which is some kind of a off
shoot of Firefox.

It is much faster, and keep the Ads from invading.

However, there are some web sites it just does not read all that well.

In those cases, I fall back on using Firefox.

I avoid Chrome, more because of their Peeping Tom reputation.

I am not attempting to over throw any government currently, but just
don't care for the thought of big Brother watching every where I go,
what I look at, and so on.

My home Page is Duck Duck Go, and with Brave, which is also to be very
Security oriented, I at least have the illusion of not being watched
every time I venture out onto the internet.

I can say that I never get Ads wanting to sell me stuff from sites I
have visited.  I get no Ads what so ever about anything.

Brave is not all that Screen Reader friendly, but it is friendly enough,
I can use it for what I do with it.

Grumpy Dave

Holly

Carolyn:

I am with you. Hard to leave I.E., but I am trying.

Rob Hudson

Dave <dlh007@centurylink.net> wrote:
I now am using a browser called "Brave", which is some kind of a off
shoot of Firefox.

Actually it's an offshoot of Chromium. Pale moon is an offshoot of firefox.

Dave

<Laughing>  You mean I am using a Google product?

Grumpy Dave

Keith S

do you have a url for the brave browser?

[...]

I figure if anyone is watching me, things must be in pretty good shape, they're digging deep. So, my preference is ease of use over privacy.

[...]

Hollie, it just seems so unnecessary that Microsoft would
abandon a perfectly good product - maybe not to all, but to
many users. I realize that some people have privacy issues,
and I think that should be respected, as well as I am
thinking our desire to take our chances with IE should be
respected too.